PUBG MOBILE will begin pushing out the update on September 5 at 11:00 (UTC+0). To ensure a quick and smooth update, please ensure a good network environment and have enough available storage on your device.
Update Reward: Update the game between September 5–17 (UTC+0) to get 3,000 BP, 100 AG and a Beat Pirate Helmet (3d).
- New Themed Mode Zombie’s Edge: Experience an exhilarating zombie siege! Celebrate Halloweeks with a special gameplay Easter egg!
- World of Wonder Updates: New zombie PvE gameplay, play as adorable pets in World of Wonder, and experience tons of interesting creations!
- Firearm and Attachment Updates: Added a short melee weapon – Dagger, as well updates to popular firearms like the FAMAS, AUG, ACE32, and Mk12!
- Classic Mode Updates: Major Creation Mode updates, Companion Spectating System improvements, and attachments improvements provide you with an even better gaming experience!
New Themed Mode: Zombie’s Edge
An exhilarating zombie siege!
Available: 2023/9/5 at 2:00 (UTC+0)–2023/11/6 at 20:59 (UTC+0)
Supported maps: Erangel, Livik and Miramar
1. New Themed Area: Aerolith Lab
An impromptu lab was created around the Aerolith to conduct research on it. However, the Aerolith infected the place, making it uninhabitable. Only supplies and mutants remain. Enter the lab to automatically obtain a Respawn Card. A large, dangerous creature is hidden within the confines of the lab.
- The Aerolith is ready to spawn a Rage Berserker. When the countdown in the lab begins, it will begin to attract and absorb mutants in the lab to power up the Rage Berserker.
- The Rage Berserker will spawn at the end of the countdown. The more mutants that are absorbed during the countdown, the higher its Health, destructive power, size, and danger!
- Stop the Aerolith from absorbing mutants to weaken the Rage Berserker. Defeat it to get lots of great supplies!
2. Dangerous Creatures
Groups of mutants wander around the infection zone, but they exhibit simple behavior and are relatively weak. They won’t pose a significant threat to players. Additionally, their overly shriveled bodies make it easy for players to knock them off balance or even send them flying with attacks or vehicle collisions. When defeated, they will also drop some supplies.
Within the infection zone, tall and strong Berserkers can be seen wandering alone. Their muscular right arm can switch between a sharp blade and durable armor. When in their blade form, they will perform wide-range slashing attacks, while in their armored form, they will perform charging attacks. Carefully identify and attack the weak point on their armor to cause a prolonged stun.
Regardless of which attack, both are dangerous and lethal to players. When dealing with them, players must be careful and make good use of various weapons. Berserkers drop lots of supplies when defeated.
Within the infection zone, there are also cunning and nimble Rippers lurking around. Despite their slender form, they are agile enemies with sharp claws that will continually attack players, much like an assassin. Patiently observe their behavior and attack methods before seizing the moment to counterattack. Go for the weak point on their head for greater results. Rippers also drop lots of supplies when defeated.
3. Themed Items
- Mutation Gauntlets
- Defeat zombies for a chance to get mutated weaponry. These items will also spawn in the Aerolith Lab.
- Equip the Mutation Gauntlets to grow massive arms for powerful melee attacks. The arms deliver devastating damage and cause greater stun to monsters.
- While equipped, players can perform a Great Smash by charging up, leaping into the air, choosing a landing point in mid-air, and swiftly descending upon the selected spot to deal substantial area damage. At the same time, it can also create a bone wall to be used as cover when battling enemies.
Defeat zombies for a chance to get mutated weaponry. These items will also spawn in the Aerolith Lab.
Equip the Mutation Blade to grow a powerful arm blade for wide-range slashing melee attacks. These slashes deal substantial damage and cause greater stun to monsters.
While equipped, players can perform a Wild Dash by charging in the direction of the crosshair and inflicting a certain amount of damage to enemies along the way. It can be used to move around quickly.
- Maglev Hoverboards will spawn in the Aerolith Lab as an item. After picking it up, it can be used via the quick item menu or from inside your Backpack. Use it to move around on a Maglev Hoverboard.
- It has undergone significant enhancements in its power and structure, so it can travel on both land and water to quickly traverse the map. Additionally, it can perform impressive maneuvers while in the air.
Exclusive Emote Card
There is a chance to get an Exclusive Emote Card in the Aerolith Lab. Pick it up to get a new exclusive Emote only usable during the match.
4. Halloweeks Easter Egg Gameplay
- As Halloweeks draws near, more party items will gradually start appearing in the lab, and eventually, the infection source undergoes changes.
- The Dancing Zombie starts roaming the infection zone, starting its own dance party. Get close to the Dancing Zombie and dance with it.
KFC × PUBG MOBILE Collaboration Gameplay
Available: 2023/10/2 at 2:00 (UTC+0)–2023/11/6 at 23:59 (UTC+0)
Supported maps: Erangel, Livik, Miramar and Nusa
1. KFC Restaurants
KFC restaurants will appear in various maps as standalone buildings. They can be found in certain areas of the map.
Apart from Classic supplies, players can find exclusive KFC items in the KFC restaurants, as well as the interactive KFC self-ordering kiosk gameplay.
2. Exclusive KFC Recovery Items
The exclusive KFC recovery items are enhanced versions of Classic recovery items that can be used more quickly. There are 4 different items: KFC Drink, KFC Nuggets, KFC Chicken Bucket, and KFC Chicken Dinner.
- KFC Drink: Recovers 60 Energy. Takes 4 seconds to use.
- KFC Nuggets: Recovers 75 Health. Takes 4 seconds to use.
- KFC Chicken Bucket: Fully recovers Health. Takes 6 seconds to use.
- KFC Chicken Dinner: A rare item. Fully recovers Health and Energy. Takes 6 seconds to use.
3. KFC Self-Ordering Kiosk
- KFC self-ordering kiosks will appear in KFC restaurants as a special supply shop. They sell exclusive KFC recovery items.
- Players can use Tokens to purchase items they want.
- There is a limit on how many of these items can be purchased.
World of Wonder Gameplay Updates
Available: 2023/9/5 at 2:00 (UTC+0)–2023/11/6 at 20:59 (UTC+0)
1. World of Wonder Updates
New Creation Evaluation Feedback (Gradually made available after the version announcement)
- Players can rate creations they’ve played on the results screen. They can also leave comments for the creators.
- After receiving comments, creators can view and respond to them on the creation page. Good comments can be featured and displayed to all players.
- The creation page now shows the creation score and featured comments. Players can leave comments, LIKEs, and feedback for their creations.
Map Playtesting & Verification
Added map playtesting and verification. Creations that have been personally tested and played by creators will be recommended first.
2. WOW Editor Updates
New Gameplay Devices
- Bulletin Board Device: Customize and display text on a small blackboard.
- Audio Device: Add in-game sound effects and music cues.
- Variable Management Device: Edit custom variables.
- Condition Checking Device: Verify different conditions to trigger specific actions.
- Custom Shop Device: Set up an in-game shop where items can be purchased.
- AI Waypoint Device: Define movement routes for AI bots.
- Character Switch Device: Switch to your companion to play, run, jump and more.
- Random Action Device: Set up random detectable actions.
- Multiple-Choice Decision Device: Set up multiple choices for players to choose from and trigger during a match.
- Text Reminder Device: Set up in-game text to be displayed on players’ screens.
Gameplay Device Improvements
- Improved the in-match Buff UI display.
- PvE Buff Customization: Implement buffs in PvE gameplay.
- PvE Management Device: Added more types of PvE enemies.
Game Parameter Settings
- Overall Data Management: Improved the overall management on how data is displayed and resources are integrated.
- Variable System: Allow players to customize variables in combination with the Variable Management Device and Condition Checking Device to flexibly evaluate dynamic logic. Allows variables to be saved and stored on the cloud.
- Game Parameters: Team color information, friend-or-foe differentiation markers, Health bars, and tag display system.
- Improved the related settings for match ending conditions, HUD, and result page.
- View Settings: Allow players to choose different camera views in the game.
- Light Sources: Added more light sources that can be placed on the map for night mode.
- Interactized Objects: Objects can now be destroyed.
- Boost Belt, Conveyor Belt, and Water Current can now trigger actions and detectable actions.
Decorative & Building Objects
Added new decorative and building objects, such as ferris wheel, castle roof, castle window, castle gate, and more.
Added an empty Karakin map.
3. New Zombie Gameplay Template
- Terror Town
New zombies spawn every round on a fixed battleground. Defeat all of them in each round to achieve victory.
Unleash your creativity and make more zombie creations with these PvE templates!
4. Beta Creation Gameplay Description
- Infinite Roguelike: Cooperate with multiple players to fend off waves of zombies to achieve victory. Randomly gain buff effects like speed boosts and scorching ammo between waves.
- Classic Boxing Arena 4v4 Team Battle (Zombie Edition): Defeat zombies on the boxing ring to earn coins for weapon upgrades, and achieve victory by eliminating a specific number of opponents.
- Air Raid Shelter Stealth: Use a flashlight to observe and stealthily navigate the pitch-black shelter while avoiding terrifying zombies. Reach the destination safely to achieve victory.
- Companion Dash: Transform into a companion and engage in thrilling races between adorable critters.
- Giant Attack: Cooperate with other players and use grappling hooks to evade the giant’s attacks and counterattack.
Car Racing: Drive a sports car and enjoy the thrill of speeding on the racetrack! Reach the finish line first to achieve victory.
Firearm Updates & Improvements
1. Melee Weapon Updates & Improvements
- Added a short melee weapon: Dagger. It has new animations for grip, movement, and attack. Upon entering combat, the default melee weapon carried has been adjusted from a machete to a dagger.
- Melee weapons can inflict additional damage on PvE enemies, including those in Metro Royale and in the themed mode. However, the damage that throwables inflict remains the same.
2. Firearm Adjustments
- FAMAS: Updated the FAMAS’s appearance and attributes. It is now an Air Drop weapon.
AUG: Adjusted the AUG firearm. It has been removed as an Air Drop weapon and can now be found on the ground.
ACE32: Slightly reduced the recoil of the ACE32, and improved the firing animation and feel of the ACE32.
Mk12: The Mk12 can now be found on the ground on all Classic maps.
3. Arena Firearm Updates
Arena Firearm Updates: Honey Badger, ACE32
Metro Royale Updates
Available: 2023/9/8 at 2:00 (UTC+0)–2023/11/6 at 00:00 (UTC+0)
- During Chapter 16, Metro Royale becomes accessible from the Lobby on September 8, 2023 at 01:00 (UTC+0), and matchmaking becomes available on September 8, 2023 at 02:00 (UTC+0).
- New Chapter 16 Collectibles
- Adjusted the price and stats of the AUG and FAMAS.
- Added new melee weapons, such as the Dagger, available for direct purchase in the Black Market, as well as price adjustments.
- Players can now dance with their teammates in the Metro Lobby.
- The ammo purchase limit per transaction in the Black Market has increased to 999.
- The quality of all scorching and toxic ammo has been adjusted to match explosive ammo (Epic).
Classic Mode Updates & Improvements
1. Smart Voice when Marking
- When marking locations on the map before jumping, the system will play a voice message with the marked location’s name, and the information will also be sent in Chat as a text message. (This feature is available on all maps.)
- Players can head to Settings – Controls – Advanced Controls – Match Auto Message to enable or disable this feature.
2. Melee Weapon Settings
Melee Weapon Auto Pick Up Setting: Manually set up which melee weapon is prioritized to be automatically picked up first.
3. Creation Mode
- Added a new Dolly Zoom camera template.
- A fade-out feature has been added to Creation Mode. Players can swiftly hide the UI.
- Players can participate in the Zombie’s Edge themed performance to take photos with the zombie characters that appear in the themed mode.
4. Emote & Camera Improvements
- Improved the camera transition when jumping from the plane and landing on the map.
- Improved the animation for descending, changing directions, and other actions after opening the parachute.
- Improved the animation transition after the climbing and reloading actions are completed.
- Improved the actions of using consumables and reloading bolts.
- Improved the responsiveness of going between standing, crouching, and prone positions.
- Improved the weapon-switching animation when running, entering and exiting water, and more.
5. Companion Spectating
- Added a new in-match option for companion spectating. The setting is synced with the main Settings.
- You can quickly adjust it with the tab at the bottom of Chat during a match.
6. Tactical Attachment
Crossbow Attachment – Tactical Gunpowder Tool: Equip it to fire bolts with gunpowder that cause a delayed explosion after impact. They explode immediately if they hit an enemy.
7. Vehicle Customization
The location of the window for selecting a specific seat will remain consistent with that of the button for changing seats while using a vehicle.
8. New 90 FPS Supported Devices
Added 90 FPS support for the following devices: iQOO Neo 7 Pro, Sony Xperia 5, Xiaomi 13T Pro, Samsung S21 Ultra (Qualcomm version), Samsung S22 Ultra (Qualcomm version), iQOO 7, OnePlus 10 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 50, HUAWEI Mate 50 Pro, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+, Samsung Galaxy Tab S9.
New Season: Cycle 5 Season 14
Available: 2023/9/14 at 2:00 (UTC+0)–2023/11/13 at 23:59 (UTC+0)
New legendary item rewards: C5S14 Glasses, C5S14 Set, C5S14 Parachute, C5S14 Mask, C5S14 Cover, C5S14 – MG3.
All-Talent Championship S15
Available: 2023/9/11 at 00:00 (UTC+0)–2023/10/26 at 00:00 (UTC+0)
- New Event Shop rewards: Grungehead Set (Legendary), Grungehead Cover (Legendary), Deific Hunter Cover (Epic), Deific Hunter Set (Epic), Angry Sheep – P90 (Epic)
- New All-Talent Championship S15 Crate rewards: Grungehead Set (Legendary), Grungehead Cover (Legendary), Deific Hunter Set (Epic), Deific Hunter Cover (Epic), Angry Sheep – P90 (Epic), Death Envoy – Sawed-off (Epic)
- New first and second runner-up rewards: Shady Minion Cover (Legendary), Shady Minion Set (Legendary), Gold Sheriff – VSS (Legendary), Glorious Sunset Parachute (Epic)
Popularity Battle Event
Registration Time: 2023/9/8–2023/9/12 (UTC+0)
Battle Time: 2023/9/13–2023/10/12 (UTC+0)
- Register to participate in the Popularity Battle event. During the battle period, get randomly matched with a powerful opponent every 3 days for a popularity contest. Lasts 10 rounds in total.
- During the battle period, the Popularity of both competitors will be compared. The one with the highest Popularity wins.
- The winner can claim some of their opponent’s points.
- Participate in Popularity Battles to win Battle Points and increase Battle Level. The higher the Battle Level, the better the rewards.
- During the event, Battle Level will be ranked across all participants on the server. The higher the rank, the better the rewards.
Team Popularity Battle Event
Registration Time: 2023/10/13–2023/10/18 (UTC+0)
Battle Time: 2023/10/19–2023/11/6 (UTC+0)
1. Matchmaking: There will be a total of 8 rounds. Teams of similar strength will be matched every 2 days. Players within each team of 4 will be ranked by Popularity through 1v1 Popularity Battles.
2. Battle: Both sides will compete to see who can gain the most Popularity during this phase.
3. The total score will be determined by the win-loss record of each player on the team. In the event of a tie (2:2), the total Popularity of both teams will be compared.
4. The team with the higher total score will be declared the winner, and can loot Battle Points from the defeated team.
5. If all players within a team have the same score, they can jointly claim the level rewards and ranking rewards.
6. Teams that have registered can have their team leader create an exclusive Nickname Badge for the team, which serves as a symbol of the close bond between team members and gift recipients.
7. Nickname Badges support custom text and are unique.
8. Players can obtain a Nickname Badge by registering a team or by completing gift missions.
1. Nickname Badge
1. The Nickname Badge is only available during the Team Popularity Battle event. Once equipped, it will be displayed as a prefix to your nickname in the system.
2. Teams that have registered can have their team leader create an exclusive Nickname Badge for the team, which serves as a symbol of the close bond between team members and gift recipients.
3. Nickname Badges support custom text and are unique.
4. Register for an event to get a Nickname Badge: Once the team has completed registration, the team leader and teammates will get a level 1 Nickname Badge.
5. Acquiring Nickname Badges via gifts: Other players can complete gift missions to acquire the gift recipient team’s Nickname Badge. Complete gift missions of various levels to unlock higher level Nickname Badges.
6. Upgrading Nickname Badges: Higher level Badges can be unlocked as the team’s Battle Level increases. The higher the level, the more advanced the Badge will be.
7. Equipping Nickname Badges: Players can equip or remove them under Data – Custom.
8. You can only change your Nickname Badge a limited number of times per event period. Take note!
2. Custom System
1. Added new customization to the profile page. Improved social personalization.
2. Players can easily set up their Avatar, Avatar Frame, Title, Name Tag, Info Card, Social Player Card, Chat Bubble, and other visual content. At the same time, they can also view the accompanying effects.
3. Improved the displayed content on the Basic Info tab of the profile.
3. Offline Invitations
- Players can now send offline invitations to friends who meet the Synergy requirements. Tap the button on the Friend sidebar, and they will receive the notification on their mobile device. Note: You can head to “Settings – Push Notifications” to adjust this setting.
Each player can send up to 5 offline team up invitations per day, and the same friend can only be invited twice per day.
There is no limit on how many invitations can be received.
4. Returning Players Event
1. Improved the readability and user experience of the Return Event page.
2. Added a display of all Recall event rewards in the Event Center.
5. Off-Road Racing
This event has been extended to October 8.
6. Other Improvements
Due to feature adjustments, Top Highlights will be temporarily unavailable (please refer to our announcements for when it will be available again).
- Off-Road Racing has been extended to October 8.
- Improved how information is displayed in the Lobby when teaming up.
- New Birthday Fireworks can be used in Ranked and Unranked Classic Mode, Cheer Park, and the Training Grounds.
- Added 4 new themed Sparklers: Sincerity Sparkler, Starry Sky Sparkler, Snowy Sparkler, and Passion Sparkler. They can be used in Classic Mode, Ranked, Cheer Park, and the Training Grounds.
Security & Game Environment Improvements
- If there are no enemies nearby, grenades will not inflict any damage on teammates. Players will also have a 3-second burn immunity to Molotov Cocktails thrown by teammates that explode near them.
- When teaming up, players are no longer able to intentionally damage vehicles that teammates are riding.
- Added a new broadcast feature that allows Investigators to make an in-game announcement. Fixed several issues with the Eagle System’s time statistics.
- Security Strategy Improvements
- Improved cheat detection for x-ray vision, auto aim, grass removal, slow network, and more.
- Improved violation detection for unfair cooperation, escorting, and more.
- Improved the in-game detection and countermeasures against prohibited transactions, escorting, and other violations to better regulate in-game behavior and improve players’ gaming experience.
- Improved the Safety Observation period, increased the efficiency of intercepting suspicious players, and enhanced other players’ feelings of security.
- Improved the claim system, dispute evaluations, account hack interception, status verification, and other features to ensure account security.
- Improved the penalty search system to support more security penalty query and claim features.