3.21.2 Patch Notes
This patch contains further improvements to Path of Exile’s engine.
Engine and Graphics Improvements
- Replaced Path of Exile’s particle system with Path of Exile 2’s GPU-based system. This allows more complex effects and offloads particle calculations to the GPU, which is designed for parallel tasks like this. This will slightly improve or slightly worsen particle rendering performance depending on whether you were CPU-bound or GPU-bound before.
- Added a new Triple-Buffering Graphics Option. Enabling this can offer better framerate stability and is recommended for slower GPUs. Double-Buffering is used when this option is Disabled, which can offer less input latency, and is recommended for faster GPUs.
- There are now four VSync Graphics Options:
- Off: Unlocked FPS (unchanged).
- Locked (previously called On): FPS locked to monitor refresh rate (unchanged).
- Fast: Performs the same as Off, but without screen tearing.
- Adaptive: Performs the same as Locked when FPS is high, but temporarily unlocks when you have low FPS.
Both Fast and Adaptive fall back to Off if they are not available.
3.21.2 Patch Notes (restart)
This patch contains some general improvements and bug fixes that are the remainder part of the 3.21.2 patch and require a restart of the realm.
General Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed environment and lighting problems introduced from the 3.21.2 client patch deployed earlier today.
- First to enter system messages no longer occur for Hideout areas.
- The “Destroy Item” button on the Item Display Case Hideout Decoration has been removed. Attempting to remove an item from the Item Display Case that cannot be removed in the current League now displays a confirmation window, where an item can only be destroyed after typing a confirmation phrase.
- Fixed a rare bug that caused some characters to be unable to remove a Cluster Jewel from their Passive Skill Tree.
- Fixed a bug where Acid Rolling Magma’s explosions were visually smaller than the actual size of the damaging area.
- Fixed a bug where Ancestral Warchief Totems using the Iron Maiden Ancestral Warchief microtransaction took more damage than intended.
- Fixed a bug where the Orion Portal Effect microtransaction was transparent.
- Fixed a bug where lower tiers of the Bloodsoaked Character Effect were soaking your character more than intended.
- Fixed a bug where the Sapphire Crystalarium Boots microtransaction were using the wrong model when equipped to the Ranger.
- Fixed a wonky visual interaction between the Igneous Emperor Body Armour microtransaction and Steelskin.
- Fixed a bug where the effect from the Indomitable Aegis Aurora microtransaction was not aligned correctly when equipped to the Templar.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Astral Portal Effect microtransactions open and close animations to be incorrect.
- Fixed a bug where it was not possible to cancel Guild invitations sent in Controller Input mode.
- Fixed three client crashes that could occur in Controller Input mode.