The Hearthstone meta is currently in a good place, with plenty of competitive options for players in almost every class. However, the developers have identified a few power outliers and play experience issues that need to be addressed. In addition, they are introducing some buffs to give players more neutral options and to open up space for weaker classes.
One of the standout cards that has been adjusted is Sinful Brand, which has been a source of frustration for many players. The card has been toned down to reduce its power and prevalence in the Demon Hunter class. Another card that has been adjusted is Felscale Evoker, which was a key component of the Big Demon Hunter archetype. The developers have reduced its attack to balance out its powerful effect. Finally, Predation has also been tweaked to address the Lady S’Theno-Predation combo that has been used in many Demon Hunter decks. These changes are intended to improve the overall balance and play experience of the game.
The Audiopocalypse is Upon Us!
The Festival of Legends has rocked on, and on, and on. The local Grimtotem Tauren have grown tired of the racket! Now they and their leader, Magatha, have come to not just shut down the show, but to snuff out all music on Azeroth! The fate of music is in your hands.
Dual-class cards, Remixed cards, and E.T.C. himself are on the setlist for this Mini-Set of 38 all-new cards to add to your collection. Get them in Festival of Legends packs, or as a complete 72-card* Mini-Set. Get the normal version in-game for $14.99 or 2000 Gold, or get the all-Golden version for $69.99 or 10,000 Gold. The all-Golden version also comes with a bonus Diamond copy of the Magatha, Bane of Music Legendary minion!
* 4 Legendary cards, 1 Epic card (x2), 17 Rare cards (x2), and 16 Common cards (x2).
Special Event – Epic Duels of Rock Legends
You’ve been challenged to an Epic Rock Duel! Will you step up to the stage? From June 6 to June 20, complete Event Quests to earn Event XP on a special event rewards track. Complete the rewards track for one Standard Pack, one March of the Lich King Pack, and one Festival of Legends Packs!
Special Returning Tavern Brawl: The Dark Wanderer
On June 7 and June 14, we’re bringing back a special Diablo-themed Tavern Brawl! Face off against the mysterious Dark Wanderer in this epic boss battle where progression is saved after a loss and the stakes are raised each fight!* The first time you Defeat Diablo, you’ll earn a special Lilith card back!
*Progression is saved within each week’s Tavern Brawl, not across both weeks. This is one Tavern Brawl run twice in a row, not a 2-week long Tavern Brawl. Your first time defeating Diablo each week will grant you one Standard Pack.
New Tavern Brawl: Battle of the Bands
On June 21, with a second encore performance on June 28, we’re running a new, special dungeon-run style Tavern Brawl! You play as a fan turned musician, trying to win their way onto the main stage! Face off against 7 randomized musical acts on your way to the final battle against E.T.C. himself.
Each week, you get one Standard pack for your first win and one Festival of Legends pack for your first full clear.
Inge, the Iron Hymn (15 Armor)
- Major Hymn
- [0 Gold] Give a minion Attack equal to your Tavern Tier. (Swaps to Health next turn!)
- Minor Hymn
- [0 Gold] Give a minion Health equal to your Tavern Tier. (Swaps to Attack next turn!)
Cap’n Hoggarr (10 Armor)
- I’m the Cap’n Now
- [Passive] After you buy a Pirate, gain 1 Gold.
Updated: Inge, the Iron Hymn will be guaranteed in every game for the first 2 weeks after launch. Cap’n Hoggarr will be guaranteed in every Pirates game for the first 2 weeks after launch.
The lord of terror is back for a limited time! From June 5-7, Diablo will be available in every game, before he is removed from the hero pool once again.
Diablo (10 Armor)
- Realm of Terror
- [Passive] Every 4 turns, ALL enemies fight the Lord of Terror and your warband for loot.
New Epic Emotes!
Battlegrounds Emotes are getting even more emotive. Introducing new Battlegrounds Epic Emotes! Epic Emotes are animated emotes that can be equipped in place of your base Battlegrounds emotes.
Diablo has returned to Duels for a limited time! Diablo’s back and more menacing than ever! Diablo has all his original Hero Powers and Signature Treasures, fully unlocked. He also has one new Signature Treasure:
Journey to the East
- [1 Mana Spell] Quest: Take 25 damage on your turns. Reward: Transform into Uber Diablo.
- [6 Mana Hero Card, 6 Armor] Battlecry: Deal 6 damage to ALL enemies. Add an Uber Apocalypse into your hand. Draw 3 cards.
- Hero Power: [3 Mana] Gain 3 Attack this turn. Gain 3 Armor.
- [10 Mana Fire Spell] Destroy all minions. Enemy characters take double damage for the rest of the game.
New Active Treasure
The Stone of Jordan [Pool 1]
- [3 Mana Spell] Gain +2 Attack this turn only. Draw 2 cards and give any spells drawn Spell Damage +1.
New Arena Season
On May 31, when the Audiopocalypse begins, all current Arena runs will end and a new Arena season will begin. The eligible sets will rotate so that the following sets will make up the Arena card pool:
- Voyage to the Sunken City
- Murder at Castle Nathria
- March of the Lich King
- Path of Arthas
- Festival of Legends (including the new Audiopocalypse Mini-Set)
Bug Fixes & Game Improvements
- [General] Hover-over text now dynamically updates in real time, instead of requiring an un-hover and re-hover to update.
- [Hearthstone] Added to and improved Signature card tooltips.
- [Hearthstone] Photographer Fizzle’s Snapshot will now grant cards when recast by cards like Grand Magister Rommath.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Tony, King of Piracy shuffled decks when swapping them. He’s a pirate, not a magician.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where a minion granted Masked Reveler’s Deathrattle would check for “not Masked Reveler” instead of “not this minion.”
- [Battlegrounds] Lord Barov has been temporarily removed from the Hero Pool due to a bug; he will be returned to the Hero Pool in an upcoming hotfix patch.
- [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Elemental of Surprise would sometimes be a little too surprising, by triggering a triple at a time when the triple effect is supposed to be suppressed until the next shop phase.
- [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where certain Strikes did not have preview videos.
- [Progression] Fixed a bug blocking loaner deck grants for some new/returning players.
- [Progression] Improved display of rewards, including class progression and monthly ranked rewards.
- [Achievements] Diamond Zephrys the Great has been returned to his spot in the Achievements and is ready to offer you the perfect Boulderfist Ogre.
- [Achievements] Fixed a bug where the “Friend of a Friend” achievement did not track.
- [Achievements] Updated Mercenaries Achievements that could no longer be completed after Mode updates.
- [Shop] Time for an adventure! All old Hearthstone Adventures are now available in the in-game Shop for Gold.