With the v15.50 patch today, we wanted to share a few updates on Large Islands and more!
By The Fortnite Team
In the v15.50 update, Large Islands will be introduced. These islands are 155X155 tiles or about 25% larger than the previous Island. This will open up even greater possibilities within your Creative games. If you’ve had a Creative idea that needs just a bit more room to make happen, now’s your chance to think big!
We’ll continue to explore more opportunities to expand the size of islands and will share more on that in the future.
CREATIVE HUB LOCALIZATION
Want to reach as many players as possible? One way to make sure your content can be enjoyed by everyone is to ensure your in-game text is optimized for every region. In the coming weeks, we’ll begin to localize some of your featured content into the 13 languages available in Fortnite. Featured Hubs are up first, with plans to localize featured games in the future.
In order for content to be localized, your language must be set to English the first time you publish. Below are specific steps to follow:
- Make sure all Billboard fonts are in “Burbank”*
- In the main Fortnite Settings, ensure “Language” is set to “English”
- Save and close Settings. Verify “Language” is set to English, you may need to reset your system for this to take effect.
- Begin a Creative server
- Enter the Island or Hub you plan to submit
- Publish the Island
At this point, you can change your Language back to your default language*Note: Currently localization can only be provided for Billboards using Burbank font, all other fonts are incompatible with other languages at this time.
Longer-term there are plans to implement a system that won’t require this workaround. In the meantime, taking this extra step will help make sure you don’t miss out.
ISLANDS BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the party leader could not interact with Matchmaking Portals.
- Fixed an issue where players in parties were unable to matchmake via Island Code or Matchmaking Portals.
WEAPONS AND ITEMS BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the Common and Uncommon Charge Shotguns were appearing in the wrong rarity categories.
PREFABS AND GALLERIES
- Updated The Agency Galleries to include lighter texture variations.
- The Agency Wall Gallery A Light
- The Agency Wall Gallery B Light
PREFABS AND GALLERIES BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where some fauna assets, from the Nature Snow Gallery, were missing snow. Previously placed versions may need to be replaced in maps.
- Fixed an issue where the curved walls, from The Agency Gallery, would sometimes show a black wall with no-collision.
- Fixed an issue where the Changing Booth interact UI could appear in the wrong position.
- Fixed an issue where players would get temporarily stuck when exiting the Changing Booth.