NEW: CHAPTER 3 SEASON 2 FEATURES
The key to winning a battle has always been taking the high ground, and fortunately, your hands will now support you when your feet can’t. Your hands can be used to help you up if a surface is just a little bit too high for you to jump from or a platform just a little bit too far for you to land on.
Move quickly at the new, default movement speed. A quicker sprint is also accompanied by a faster default movement speed. The pace of this sprint will require you to put whatever you are holding in your pocket. A new sprint meter will let you know how much longer you can travel at that speed because sprinting extremely quickly obviously cannot be sustained indefinitely.
It could be a good idea to include an Overshield to help if your game lacks any buildings. You now have an Overshield in addition to your Shield and Health to aid in maintaining cover. Your Overshield is your initial line of defense for shield and health protection; if it completely depletes to zero, it will automatically recharge. Find shelter while it recharges by all means!
Sprint at doors to slam them open with your shoulder while you’re at it. Even though it’s probably not very polite, you look cool while doing it.
(Doors can now be opened by sliding into them as well!)
The My Island Settings menu allows users to enable and disable all of these new features.
- Existing islands will default all these new features to OFF to avoid disrupting current gameplay. You can, of course, turn them on manually via the My Islands Settings menu.
- New islands will default these new features to ON when you create them to reflect the current state of Fortnite. Likewise, you can turn any or all of them off manually after island creation.
BATTLE ROYALE WEAPONS
The Combat SMG has a powerful punch, much like the Combat Assault Rifle and Combat Pistol. To maximize its tremendous power, learn to control its recoil.
STRIKER BURST RIFLE
A burst weapon with a unique sight is called the Striker Burst Rifle. Use the sight to aim as you fire this two-shot semi-automatic handgun!
THE REPAIR TORCH: A HEALING ITEM FOR YOUR VEHICLES!
Fix it with a Repair Torch whether your Mudflap has been exposed to explosives, your motorboat has been operating too long on land, or your titan has been shot at the treads! If a vehicle runs out of fuel to ignite, repair torches can restore its health. Refill them at the petrol station!
Creators, good news! Fireflies have moved and have landed on your Creative islands. Instead of having to give players fireflies via devices, you may now deploy swarms of fireflies that they can gather for yourselves.
OTHER FEATURE UPDATES
- The Collectibles gallery now has Class support with the ability to make Collectibles available (and even visible) to only a selected Class.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed a LOD issue with the green light post from the Gazebo Prefab.
- Fixed an issue with the Skydive Volume device that caused players to remain in skydive animation after a game would end in Creative.
- Fixed an issue with the round settings device that included inaccurate settings such as Join in Progress.
- Fixed an issue with the Teleporter that caused a Link to Target to fail after Game Start
- Fixed an issue with the Random Number device that caused the numbers to not line up correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the Pop-up Dialog device that caused no icons to be copied to the quick bar using the phone tool.
- Fixed an issue where the Fire Volume device setting Allow Objects to Ignite did not override Enable Fire island settings on some platforms.
- Fixed an issue that caused a player to enter DBNO in single-player games.
- Fixed an issue with the phone tool and pickaxe bindings appearing to be switched during gameplay.
- We have made some changes to how content is sorted within the Creative Inventory.
- Anything categorized as Recently Added or New This Season will now appear at the top of its assigned tab. Previously, this was only done for Prefab and Gallery tabs.
- Consumables can now be sorted by rarity.
- Content seasonally categorized as Spring will now appear higher up the list.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Thermometer to not display correctly on XL Islands.