Get ready for some exciting changes in Destiny 2 with the latest update! The UI/UX has received some much-needed improvements, including fixes for FPS issues when exploring the Director screen and a new option to invite friends to your fireteam without any unnecessary redirects. Plus, the visuals have been updated to make it easier to know when a player has been blocked. No more confusion there!
In the Crucible, we’ve addressed some pesky issues, such as pre-match cinematics ending too soon and opponent nameplates not pulsing when their Super is active. And that’s not all! We’ve also made some miscellaneous fixes, like adding a Director label to Derelict Leviathan and tidying up item displays. The Clan tab has also received a makeover to match the rest of the game’s locations with multiple pages.
But wait, there’s more! We’ve improved gameplay and investment aspects as well. In Survival, tied rounds will no longer grant a point to one of the teams, ensuring a fairer experience. And for all you Crucible enthusiasts, special ammo will no longer refresh upon resurrection in 3v3 modes, aligning them with Trials of Osiris.
So gear up, Guardians, and get ready to dive into the latest Destiny 2 update. It’s time to experience a smoother, more enjoyable gameplay experience.
DESTINY 2 HOTFIX 188.8.131.52
- Fixed an issue where the treasure object could be duplicated. This was contributing to inflation across the intergalactic economy, and we can’t have that.
- Fixed an issue where A Single Thread quest did not complete if players completed Duality on Master difficulty.
- Fixed an issue where DPS for Golgoroth sometimes didn’t end properly.
- Fixed an issue where King’s Fall Carries stat tracker mentions Seasonal carries instead of weekly carries.
- Fixed an issue where total badge count was incorrect.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Reduced damage resistance tiers in PvP (used by Omnioculus and Whisper of Chains)
- Tier 1: 10% to 2.5%
- Tier 2: 15% to 5%
- Tier 3: 20% to 7.5%
- Tier 4: 25% to 10%
- Fixed an issue where certain Bows would reload themselves while stowed.
- Fixed an issue where having Quicksilver Storm in grenade mode could cause excess recoil on other weapons and other badness.
- Fixed an issue where the Season 18 Seasonal Machine Gun and Sidearm had two Masterwork slots.
- Fixed an issue where most Heavy Grenade Launchers were doing significantly more damage than intended.
- Fixed an issue where the Combination Blow melee ability was able to continually stagger boss combatants.
- Fixed an issue where Combination Blow’s melee damage scalar was also applying to Tempest Strike.
- Fixed an issue where Combination Blow’s melee energy regeneration bonus was also applying while Tempest Strike was equipped.
- Developer Note: Typically, we do not normalize melee ability regeneration rates for melee modifications like Tempest Strike or Consecration, as most of our melee abilities have a relatively small delta in base cooldown times between them. However, because the cooldown reduction on Combination Blow is so significant and integral to the base melee’s behavior, we chose to do so here in order to have a better grasp on where Tempest Strike lies in terms of efficacy and uptime, which would have been difficult with a potentially 15-second cooldown time.
- Fixed an issue where the damage resistance provided by the Flow State Aspect and Arc Staff Super while dodging was significantly higher than intended in PvP.
- Fixed an issue where the Striker and Stormcaller subclasses were not benefiting from resilience-based PvE damage resistance and incoming flinch reduction.
- Fixed an issue where Tempest Strike could retain its energy when activated after sliding off of a ledge.
POWER AND PROGRESSION
- Fixed an issue where completing the Master Ketchcrash weekly challenge didn’t award gear.
- Removed the The Loyal Companion charity emote from mistakenly appearing in the archive.
PLATFORMS AND SYSTEMS
- Fixed an issue on Stadia where some settings labels were missing under the Vehicles section.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes show ornaments as owned, even though they were not.
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to claim Prime Rewards from Amanda Holliday.
- Fixed an issue where a very loud sound plays when a team wipes to Golgoroth’s Drained of Light mechanic.
- Fixed issues where players could repeatedly die when revived during the Basilica and Oryx encounters while the encounter wipe happens.
- Fixed an issue where the Overzealous Triumph requirement was unclear and could not be completed.
- Fixed an issue where the selection of the rune during The Crux section of King’s Fall would prevent completion of the secret Deepsight weapon chest puzzle.
- Fixed an issue where the King’s Fall carries stat was not being incremented.
- Fixed an issue where the following buffs and debuffs were missing icons:
- Aura of the Unraveler
- Aura of the Weaver
- Unstable Light
- Channeling Corrupted Light
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where the Vallhund Exotic ornament had an incorrect tooltip and was missing from the ornaments screen.
- Loreley Splendor Helm Titan Exotic has been adjusted to grant x1 Restoration.
- From x2.
- Fixed an issue where a shaped BxR-55 Battler didn’t receive a Masterwork border when a player included two enhanced perks and an enhanced intrinsic perk.
- Fixed an issue where Quicksilver Storm grenades could add permanent buffs to your character.
- Quicksilver Storm has been re-enabled.
- Telesto has been reprimanded.
- Fixed an issue where Stormtrance’s damage was not increasing over time while attacking.
- Fixed an issue where Fists of Havoc could be activated while the player was in an active Ballistic Slam, resulting in a very, very… very long initial leap.
- Fixed an issue where specific melee abilities (notably Shiver Strike and Thunderclap) were not activating at close range when using the Charged Melee keybind.
PLATFORMS AND SYSTEMS
- Fixed a Silver sync issue on the Epic Games Store that blocked some players from completing Silver and entitlement purchases.
- Player investment data sustainability, localization, and performance updates.
- Adjusted map frequency weighting for Disjunction and Cathedral of Dusk.
- Fixed an issue where Players could not progress the weekly Crucible challenge in Crucible Labs.
KING´S FALL RAID
- Fixed an issue where the Daughters of Oryx were taking extra damage from Rocket Launchers and other sources.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to survive certain wipe mechanics throughout the activity.
- Fixed an issue where players could sometimes spawn behind doors during the Warpriest encounter.
GAMEPLAY & INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where the Seasonal mod Improved Sword Scavenger and leg armor mod Sword Scavenger would stack. If you equip one of these mods you no longer can equip the other.
- Additionally, the regular and artifact Machine Gun Scavenger mods were able to stack as well. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Touch of Malice blight projectile could affect allies, blinding them and causing them to take increased damage from Weapons of Sorrow.
- Fixed an issue where the Touch of Malice final round was incorrectly doubling its damage when hitting a Divinity field.
- Fixed an issue where the Spark of Feedback Fragment could cause abilities, buffs, and debuffs to stop functioning in rare cases.
PLATFORMS & SYSTEMS
- Removed embedded links in Korean purchase dialogs that are not functional on Xbox and PlayStation consoles.
- Fixed a crash that could occur at startup on PlayStation 4 when users own a large number of platform entitlements.
- Fixed an issue where the 120Hz refresh rate option was missing on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.