08.04.2019 Patch Notes
RuneScape developers released the patch notes. Here are these weeks patches.
- The special attack from nightmare creatures will no longer deal damage after the NPC has died.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t collect ushabti souls or complete Slayer Contracts while on a Mandrith Wilderness Task.
- Gargoyle slayer masks no longer allow the player to teleport into Kuradal’s dungeon when on one of Mandrith’s Slayer tasks.
- Will no longer get ED1 spotlight effects occurring in other Elite Dungeons.
- The Ambassador’s taunt messages will no longer override his chat in his final phase so it’s easier to tell who he has targeted with his portal attack.
- Unstable black holes can no longer spawn underneath the Ambassador.
- The item search bar in the grand exchange now shows the correct keybind in its tooltip.
- Fixed graphical stretching when using Revenant Pet skins as familiar override.
- It is no longer possible to retain the barrelchest disguise transmog outside of braindeath island.
- Fixed a black patch on Wicked Hood.
- The top stones on the pillars in the Nature Rune Temple are no longer floating.
- Removed a force walk tile in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- Fixed an incorrect spelling of the word “pedestal” during Enakhra’s Lament.
- Scarab Swarms can no longer spawn outside the Pyramid.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to build PoH in a way that would make PoH inaccessible.
- The tool select menu will no longer get stuck when trying to create a single incense stick.
- It is no longer possible to manipulate a worn item and its minimenu to access teleports that would otherwise be locked behind requirements or equipment.
- Due to the way in which the mechanics of the Wishing Well worked, it rapidly devalued the materials in which it was producing which had a negative feedback loop on the price of the items. The more items you got from the fruit, the cheaper they become which meant that you would get more of them. This was unsustainable and caused economy issues like being able to sell items from the fruit for more than the value assigned from the fruit. The market was flooded with those items and it caused a lot of critical design and balancing issues. Removing the Wishing Well seeds, which only held a value of 1gp, and the crop itself was the best solution to this – we may revisit mechanics like this in the future but that isn’t a promise.
- Planted wishing well bushes have been removed and XP awarded for any fully grown unchecked ones. Seeds have been removed and players have been reimbursed at a rate of 1gp per seed, while reimbursements for fruits matches the value put in.
- The Heart teleport tablets will no longer ignore teleport prevention checks.
Mini Quest List
From now on, miniquests like the infamous Bar Crawl and the thrilling Fremennik Sagas will appear in their very own section of the quest list. They won’t have detailed quest journals, but they will each have their own overview screen which should make it easier than ever to track your objectives and remind yourself what to do next.
Upon completion of any miniquest, a certificate will appear on screen just like at the end of any regular quest showing the rewards you’ve earned.
Tick boxes have been added to the quest tab so that it’s possible to hide regular quests from the list – or, if you decide you’re fed up of miniquests for now, you can hide those too.
The entire list of miniquests is below.
- Three’s Company
- Thok It To ‘Em
- Thok Your Block Off
- Tales of the Arc
- Tales of the God Wars
- Tales of Nomad
- Sheep Shearer
- Witch’s Potion
- Bar Crawl
- Benedict’s World Tour
- The Curse of Zaros
- Desert Slayer Dungeon
- Doric & Boric tasks
- The General’s Shadow
- Hopespear’s Will
- Hunt for Surok
- Koschei’s Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- The Lair of Tarn Razorlor
- The Lost Toys
- In Memory of the Myreque
- Purple Cat
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- One Foot in the Grave
- Thieves’ Guild Capers
- Wandering Ga’al
Comp Cape Design Update
As you know, we’ve been working with the community to redesign the comp cape from the ground up, making it more fun to work towards and less essential to high tier builds.
If you’ve been following along with the design document, you’ll know that we’ve been making some changes to the way achievements are categorized, most notably by removing the ‘completionist’ category and redistributing the achievements within between ‘miscellaneous’ and a brand new category called ‘lore’. Each category will also be split into tiers, with different rewards for each tier.
For example, here’s how we’ve categorized the ‘combat’ achievements.
- Reaper Crew (defeating every boss)
- TokHaar-Mok (Defeat TokHaar-Hok in Obsidian Armour)
- Bipedal Mask (Construct a Tuska Mask)
- Finish Him! (Defeat Vorago with Maul of Omens)
- Nomad’s Mirage (Defeat nomad and loot bounty chest)
- Famous (Morvran’s Special Challenge)
- Telos if You’re Angry 4 (100/250/500% Telos / Warden)
- Seren’s Per-faction-ist (Seren GWD2 Rep)
- Zaros’s Per-faction-ist (Zaros GWD2 Rep)
- Sliske’s Per-faction-ist (Sliske GWD2 Rep)
- Zamorak’s Per-faction-ist (Zamorakn GWD2 Rep)
- Conquered Everyone’s Heart (Max Heart of Gielinor Rep)
- Telos if You’re Angry 6 (1000% Telos)
- Kal’gerion Commander (Unlock all Kal’gerion battle commendation titles)
- Death Effect (Death’s Store Unlocks)
May 2019 Aura Sale
It’s almost time for our May aura sale. For the entirety of May, you can get up to 50% off RuneScape’s most coveted auras, including Aegis, Vampyrism, and Dark Magic. There’s still time to set some loyalty points aside and grab a bargain, so don’t miss out! The aura sale will run from 00:00 on May 1st to 23:59 on May 31st.