Introducing the highly anticipated new game mode, Realm Wars! Get ready to battle it out in an action-packed arena where the team with the most kills after 15 minutes reigns supreme. Keep an eye on the right side of the screen to track your team’s kills in blue and your enemies’ kills in red. But beware, if a team is leading by a whopping 40 kills or more within the first 5 minutes, the match will end early.
In this exciting update, you’ll now passively gain 20 shards every 5 seconds, which you can use to forge between respawns and upgrade your loot. And speaking of forging, we’ve drastically reduced the forge times to a mere 1 second, making it easier than ever to gear up for battle. Plus, armor is now always forged at legendary levels, giving you that extra edge on the battlefield.
But that’s not all! Prepare for unexpected surprises as events will randomly occur throughout the match. So keep your wits about you when you hear the foghorn! And don’t forget to take advantage of the Forge fire sale, Rising Tides, Adrenaline Rush, Hard Dive, and Loot Fiesta events for even more thrilling gameplay.
We’ve also addressed some pesky bugs in this update. Chests are now fixed to be multi-lootable again, as the single lootable issue was a bug and not intended. We’ve also tackled the primary cause of the Hunter T-Pose bug, although we’re keeping a close eye to ensure there are no additional causes. Additionally, armor regen after revive will now work as expected, and animation canceling on PC by tapping the equipped weapon key has been fixed.
In terms of quality of life improvements, we’ve reduced fog damage, making survival a little easier. The healing station is now droppable after just 1 second of use, allowing for more strategic gameplay. And to keep you informed, we’ve added shard and potion counts in a stack to the user interface.
Get ready to dive into the thrilling world of Realm Wars with these exciting updates and improvements. It’s time to sharpen your skills, gather your team, and dominate the battlefield like never before!
New Game Mode: Realm Wars
Tips to get you started:
- The team with the most kills at 15 minutes will win (the right side of the screen shows your team’s kills in blue, and enemy teams kills in red)
- If a team is up by 40 kills or more after 5 minutes, then it will end early
- You will passively gain 20 shards every 5 seconds. Use these to forge between respawns and upgrade your loot.
- Forge times have been drastically reduced to 1 second.
- Armor is always forged at legendary levels.
- Events will randomly happen throughout the match, be ready for anything when you hear the foghorn!
- Forge fire sale!
- Rising Tides!
- Adrenaline Rush!
- Hard Dive!
- Loot fiesta!
- Chests fixed to be multi-lootable again (single lootable was a bug / never intended)
- Primary cause of Hunter T-Pose fixed — monitoring to see if there are additional causes
- Armor regen after revive will work normally
- Animation canceling on PC by tapping equipped weapon key fixed
Quality of Life
- Fog damage reduced
- Healing station is droppable after 1s of use
- Shard count in a stack added to UI
- Potion count in a stack added to UI
- API: Now tracks player kills separate from bot kills
- API: Now tracks damage to armor in the damage stat (previously only hp was tracked)
- Revolver reworked into new “Hand Cannon”. Harder hitting, slower firing, and projectile based instead of hit scan. Optimal in close range but has high damage falloff and has limited use in long range fights.
- Auto Sniper reworked into a DMR-style weapon. Fast firing scoped weapon with lower damage and higher ammo. https://streamable.com/k45c51
- Rocket dash and Thrust cooldown from 14/13/12/11 to 15/14/13/12
- Deploy Turret cooldown from 16/15/13/12 to 16/15/14/13, duration from 12 to 13s
- Betty’s Grenade Launcher heal from 80/100/120 to 80/120/180
- Decoy invis time from 2s to 1.5s
- Sniper rifle zoom time from 0.25 to 0.28
- Sniper rifle now has a 0.4s “grace window” for reload to complete if an ability is used while reloading
- Javelin projectile size lowered, damage curve adjusted from 20/120 to 20/150
- Heroic leap cooldown from 17/16/15/14 to 16/15/14/13
- Charge forward movement stops on impact with player
- Ice Staff projectile speed from 2000 to 1900, and damage from 205/250/300 to 200/240/280
- Fireball cooldown from 17/14/12/11 to 15/14/13/12