Summer Games 2019
The Summer Games are back! Hone your competitive edge with Season 3 of Copa Lúcioball, and beat the heat with legendary skins like Surf ‘n’ Splash Torbjörn, Wave Hanzo, and Kendoka Genji. Unlock these and more, along with seasonal items from previous years!
New Feature: Subtitles
Choose between 3 additive levels of subtitling: Critical Gameplay, Critical Gameplay + Conversations, and Everything. This new feature was created to improve the gameplay experience for players that are deaf or hard of hearing, and also for players who enjoy reading closed captions.
- Added the ability for scripters to measure the server performance of the current game instance.
- Three new values make this possible:
- Server Load – Provides a percentage representing the CPU load of the current game instance.
- Server Load Average – Provides a percentage representing the average CPU load of the current game instance over the last two seconds.
- Server Load Peak – Provides a percentage representing the highest CPU load of the current game instance over the last two seconds.
- As these numbers approach or exceed 100, it becomes increasingly likely that the game instance will be shut down because it is consuming too many resources.
- A new preset example displays these values as HUD text in the upper-left corner of the screen. The rule in the preset can be copied into other scripts to help identify performance problem areas.
- Three new values make this possible:
- When a game instance shuts down due to excessive Workshop script load, a new error message is displayed in the chat window (instead of the “unexpected error” message).
- Additional strings added.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players who have selected a hero during the Hero Select Phase to have their hero deselected when the Setup Phase begins.
- In spectator mode, health and armor types are now properly displayed in the order they are consumed when taking damage.
- Color blind – Fixed a bug that caused incorrect default colors to be applied to the objective UI depending on when you attack or defend while having only 1 color blind color set.
- Orisa’s Supercharger, Baptiste’s Immortality Field, and Ashe’s own Dynamite are now valid targets for aim assist.
- Fixed a bug that caused “Set Invisible” to function incorrectly for Reinhardt when using secondary fire while viewing in third person.
- Custom Game: Fixed a bug that could cause AI bots to become stuck on their way to the capture point on the Oasis: University map.
- Fixed the “Disable Built-In Game Mode Respawning” and “Set Respawn Max Time” actions.
- Custom Game: Fixed a bug where Widowmaker’s Venom Mine damage wasn’t affected by custom game damage scalars.
- Fixed a bug that caused controllers to lose focus when deleting a rule, action, or condition that is not displayed on screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused an “Invalid Options” error message after importing some older workshop share codes.
- Disabling certain actions no longer cause an infinite loop.
- Fixed a bug that caused the FOV button to not function when watching a replay.
- Fixed a bug that caused player outlines to disappear when skipping or scrubbing while following a player in first person or third person.
- Fixed a bug that caused hero effects to remain on screen when skipping ahead while paused.
- Fixed a bug that allowed certain heroes to become stuck in the roof outside of Point B.
- Fixed a bug that allowed some heroes to float between building rooftops near the Point A choke.
- Fixed a bug that allowed a defender to enter the attacker’s spawn room (left exit, 2nd attack spawn room).
- Updated lighting for highlight intros.
- Fixed a bug where Baptiste’s Amplification Matrix was not boosting healing effects.
- Fixed a bug where Seismic Slam could fail to register.
- Fixed a bug where D.Va’s Defense Matrix would fail to absorb projectiles around a corner in certain circumstances.
- Fixed a visual inconsistency with Baptiste’s head with his Spec Ops skin equipped.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a dead Hanzo’s bow to appear floating above the ground, when that Hanzo had his Kabuki skin equipped.
- Fixed a bug where Roadhog’s chain would sometimes not render in first person.
- Fixed a bug where Moira’s Coalescence would sometimes not render in first person.
- Fixed a bug where Moira was still briefly visible after using Fade.
- Fixed a bug where Sombra’s Translocator would be on cooldown after respawning.
- Fixed a bug where an enemy could sometimes use an ability if Sombra hacked them while they were already hacked via EMP.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to use Torbjörn’s Molten Core and hammer at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that caused Winston’s nameplate and health bar to be covered by his body when he used Primal Rage.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Wrecking Ball’s mines to be destroyed by an enemy Wrecking Ball rolling through them without taking damage.
- Fixed a bug that caused Zenyatta’s in-game and highlights portrait to not display his Zen-Nakji skin.
OVERWATCH RETAIL PATCH NOTES – JULY 2, 2019
A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.
- Workshop: Fixed the “Disable Built-In Game Mode Respawning” and “Set Respawn Max Time” actions.
- Replays: Added Replay keybinding options
- Fixed a bug where Baptiste’s Amplification Matrix was not boosting healing effects.
JUNE 18, 2019
BAPTISTE’S REUNION CHALLENGE
We’re bringing Baptiste’s journey in the short story “What You Left Behind” to Overwatch with some special, unlockable in-game content. Wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade will all earn you themed sprays, a player icon, and a new epic skin – MEDIC BAPTISTE! Tune in to participating Twitch broadcasters while they’re playing Overwatch anytime through July 2 to earn six Baptiste’s Reunion Challenge sprays! To learn more about Baptiste’s Reunion Challenge, click here.
NEW FEATURE: REPLAYS
Experience your past Overwatch games from a whole new perspective with Replays. Replays allows you to watch your ten most recent matches from any vantage point. Whether you want a first-person, third-person, or bird’s-eye view, you can see it all with this tool. Hone your strategies by slowing down or speeding up the game to see exactly how a critical moment played out, get a better view of the action from above, or even turn off the UI completely. Learn more about Replays: Blizz.ly/OverwatchReplays
- Increased heal ammo from 10 to 12.
- Ultimate duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Reduced length of Defense Matrix from 15 meters to 10 meters.
- Primary fire recovery reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.42 seconds.
- Barrier can be deployed without interrupting reload.
- Teleporter interact range increased from 1 meter to 1.5 meters.
- Secondary Fire damage per pellet reduced from 12.5 to 10.5 (105 dmg total per shot).
GAME MODE UPDATES
Developer Comments: Assault match lengths are averaging higher than we’re happy with, particularly in Competitive where there are multiple rounds. We’re also concerned with how often Offense fully captures Point A and Point B. Reducing the round time from 8 to 7 minutes should address both these concerns, as less overall time rewards better Defense.
Additionally, sometimes Defenders fight late with good intentions at Point A and end up staggered from their team when A falls, leaving their team with uneven footing to defend a rush to B. In these situations, temporarily lowering the respawn time to get those Defenders back with their team should be a better match experience and doesn’t punish players so harshly for wanting to defend Point A.
- Time awarded for capturing Point A on all Assault maps has been reduced from 4 minutes to 3 minutes.
- Upon losing Point A, any defenders that are dead, or that die shortly thereafter, will have a maximum respawn of 3.5 seconds.
- Visual update applied
- Check boxes added to support operations on multiple conditions/actions/rules.
- You can now disable conditions/actions/rules without deleting them.
- (PC) When copying conditions/actions/rules, the contents will also be copied to your clipboard in a text format.
- (PC) When pasting conditions/actions/rules, the editor will use the text from your clipboard.
- Increased maximum number of effects from 64 -> 128.
- Added ‘Modify Global Variable At Index’.
- Added ‘Modify Player Variable At Index’.
- Communication Wheel: “Acknowledge” pings triggered through the Communication Wheel can now target objectives.
- Fixed a bug where explosions could play in the wrong position if a mispredicted impact happened on the client.
- Fixed an issue where some UI effects weren’t being properly colored when color blind settings are set on console.
- Tutorial: Weapon UI is now hidden until your weapon is available.
- Havana PvP – Fixed a bug that could cause the payload to get stuck leaving the Distillery checkpoint.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Play of the Game animation to be cut off before it ends.
- Fixed a bug that could limit the number of effects displayed on screen at the same time.
- Custom Game: Fixed a bug where AI Soldier: 76 wouldn’t fire his Helix Rocket at the same target twice.
- Custom Game: Fixed an issue where ‘Nearest Walkable Position’ would use a location in a spawn room instead of the specified location when the spawn room doors were closed.
- Custom Game: Fixed a bug that could cause AI Soldier: 76 to be unable to use Biotic Field.
- Custom Game: Fixed a bug where disabling primary fire doesn’t disable it for transform effects like Hanzo’s Storm Arrows, Genji’s Dragonblade, Soldier: 76’s Tactical Visor, Torbjörn’s Molten Core, Bastion’s Configuration: Tank, and Winston’s Primal Rage.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra and D.Va from using their Ultimate abilities when using the ‘Set Ultimate Charge’ action to grant 100% Ultimate charge.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from focusing on the Rule checkbox when using a controller.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the “Stop holding button” from clearing the action when using a wait before the action.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to always be returned to the Custom Game Browser when backing out of any game, if the player had been to the Custom Game Browser previously.
- Fixed a bug that forced Console Players to press the button twice when attempting to enter a numerical value when using a controller. Console Players are now able to bring up the virtual keyboard for manual numerical entry via one button press when using controller.
- Fixed a bug that could cause variable values displayed in the Inspector to fail to update after making changes and restarting the match.
- Anti-Heal will be cleared when Sombra uses her translocator to teleport.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ana’s shot sound effects to be played on Baptiste when his Immortality Field is hit by her Primary Fire.
- Enemy barriers now block line-of-sight for Brigitte’s Rally.
- Fixed a bug where armor damage mitigation was too effective when multiple instances of armor were stacked on top of each other.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to access out-of-bounds areas of the the Havana map during his ultimate.
- Fixed an issue where Doomfist’s Rocket Punch would sometimes impact stairs.
- Fixed issue where Doomfist’s Seismic Slam was not showing its electricity effect on affected entities.
- Fixed a bug that could result in Seismic Slam not hitting targets when it should.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji’s damage boost from being applied to deflected projectiles.
- Fixed a bug that caused Hanzo’s targeting reticle to appear on kill cam for players killed by his Dragonstrike Ultimate.
- Fixed a bug that caused Hanzo’s hands to clip into his legs during the Meditate emote on several skins (Cyberninja, Lone Wolf, Scion, Young Master).
- Fixed a bug that prevented portions of Lucio’s 2019 Pacific All-Stars skin from being visible in highlight and in-game portraits.
- Fixed a bug that caused Supercharger to self-destruct when placed in certain locations.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Roadhog’s hook to function when he was hacked by Sombra.
- Translocator will now escape slippery surfaces more easily and not be able to be stuck to them.
- Fixed an issue where a material effect on Sombra’s hair would cause it to cast a shadow while invisible.
- Resolved an issue where Enemy and Friendly UI color options were incorrectly being applied to Symmetra’s Photon Barrier.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some of Torbjörn’s visual effects from being applied when he used Overload with certain skins equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn’s turret to sometimes destroy itself.