FEATURING UPDATED SCORING, ALTERED SPAWN SELECT, AND MORE!
This week’s update to the Test server brings you our revised plans for Season 2 gameplay. We’ve been listening to the community feedback since our Fort Destiny Friday and Dev Digest livestreams talking about adding features like revive and the Ranch Rifle into season play, as well as adjusting player caps per mode. We appreciate the passion around keeping H1Z1 true to its roots – based on your feedback, revive and the Ranch Rifle will NOT be added for Season 2, and player caps will be remaining the same as they are currently.
Please be sure to let us know your thoughts on the below Season 2 updates in the survey available from the Test server Message of the Day, and we look forward to sharing this Season’s rewards with you in the near future (hint: we hear you like weapon skins!).
- Match scoring has been adjusted and is similar to Preseason values.
- Kills are more valuable than they were in Season 1.
- Placement and consistency modifiers have been adjusted so that bad games no longer lower your overall rank.
- Spawn select has been enabled in Solos, Duos, and Fives; however, the gas ring preview and player heat map have been disabled. This provides players with agency over their starting location while removing some of the predictability around where other players are spawning and where the safe zone will be.
- Slightly increased ATV spawns and slightly decreased police car spawns.
- A general consistency pass has been done on loot distribution, so that areas where there was blatantly too much (or not enough) loot have been improved.
- Updated the available lighting schemes that randomly rotate each match:
- The Smoky lighting scheme has been removed.
- The amount of fog in the Foggy lighting scheme has been toned down (now called “Gloomy”).
- A Night lighting scheme has been added (included for testing purposes – let us know if you’d like to see it included in the regular rotation!).
- The available lighting schemes currently on Test are now: Sunny (50% chance), Gloomy (25%), Dusk (15%), and Night (10%).
- Additional street and parking lights have been added or adjusted at many POIs to accomodate the Night lighting scheme.
- Removed the horizontal bar in the window of mobile homes.
- Mini-map no longer closes when the Inventory is opened.
- Added additional particle effects to the Apocalypse AK-47.
- Removed collision from arrows that have been fired into objects, removing the ability to use them to climb up objects such as trees.
- Jumping backwards and sideways now maintains expected movement speed.
- Toggling mute (default: Control + M) now works when on loading screens.
- Tribute and Royalty Tactical Helmets no longer incorrectly cause a bleed effect when shot off.
- Numerous bug fixes and performance optimizations on the remastered Z1 “Outbreak” map.