A new, simple option for players to support artists by loving their Islands has been introduced with the arrival of a new season, which also introduces new items, new props, the Level Instance gadget, and more!
Trees that blow over, roll, and hurt things! These Timber trees have the power to harm people, cars, and structures!
Three new physics boulders! Create traps with Trap boulders that will be stationary until triggered, use the new Balance boulders in a map to create tactical enemy eliminations, or place Physics boulders that can sink (or be used for resources)! Time to get those maps rocking.
LIKE THIS ISLAND
With the 21.00 Patch, the UI now has additional features that enable players to rate an island when leaving. Players now have a quick and simple option to let us know which islands they adored without having to add them to their Favorites list. This function is currently being tested. The number of likes an Island has earned will not be visible to creators during this trial phase.
OTHER UPDATES AND CHANGES
- The Island thermometer has been unified so the same system will be used for small and larger islands! The selection tool that now replaces the old hovering mechanism will inform creators about the saved memory cost of removing the selected item.
- The level Instance device has been released. This device will make it simple to create your own prefabs! Read more in the Level Instance Device document here
PREFAB & GALLERY UPDATES
- Reality Nature Gallery featuring assets from the New Vibin Season.
- Festival Gallery features Japanese styled props
- Bamboo Gallery features bamboo clusters similar to tall grass
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed an issue with stair assets
- Fixed some alignment issues when moving multi-selected assets.
- Fixed some grammatical issues in descriptions of prefabs & galleries.
- Fixed a bug with devices being able to be placed outside of the safe volume
- Fixed some issues with memory
- Fixed an issue where devices are duplicated when set to invisible.
- Fixed multiple issues with the Prop Mover.
- Fixed an issue where debug text would appear in the kill feed on another island when being eliminated by a Sentry Device.
- Fixed an issue where fishing rods were sinking when cast into the Water Device.
- Addressed an issue where players could leave their creative island volume
- Fixed an issue where creative island owners would lose permissions to their own islands.
- Fixed multiple issues with the Car Racing Template
- A bug was fixed for some cases of rubber banding
- Fixed an issue with UI on vending machines
- Fixed an issue where the pickaxe would not damage players in Creative minigames.
- Fixed server crashes after resetting island in Creative.
- Made various improvements to the device thermometer.
- Fixed an issue with the Helicopter not having a ‘Vehicle Health’ setting in Creative.
- Fixed a handful of performance-related issues.