Consoles from the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 now perform better. Players that choose the “Low Input Latency Mode” in the settings (Settings > Game > Extra Game Options) will experience less input lag since the game runs at 60 frames per second. By default, Low Input Latency is turned on.
In case you missed it, PlayStation V-Bucks are now part of the shared Fortnite wallet. Now, PlayStation V-Bucks can be used on any platform that accepts the Fortnite Shared Wallet (PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Android, and cloud gaming services).
NEW: CLOUD PROP, RACETRACK GALLERY and MORE!
Prepare to build your ideal racetrack with the v20.40 upgrades’ 11 new galleries, race aficionados! There are nine racetrack galleries with straightaways, twists, and guard rail props included in the galleries. Be sure to use the Cloud Prop for some cover in the shade while exploring the new race track galleries! In the past, making a cloud required using snow and other props.
OTHER UPDATES AND CHANGES
- You can now turn on/off sliding on a per team/class basis.
- New options have been added that allow creators to change how Overshield and Sprinting function.
These can be accessed by setting “Overshield: More Options” and “Sprinting: More Options” to SHOW. These changes are in the Class Designer and Team Settings and Inventory Devices. Users can also use the My Island Game tab settings to set the Overshield and Sprinting options.
- New media has been added to the Video Player. You will now have the option to use the “Party Royale Mix” in the Video Player in addition to the six available music videos created by xDogged.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed collision issues with the giant rock base in the Spire Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with the barrier prop, from Chonker’s Speedway Prop Gallery, from not having a bottom texture.
- Fixed an issue with IO Blimp and The Fortress assets getting destroyed from players’ building.
- Fixed an issue with the IO Blimp Archway from not having a side base texture.
- The Mounted Anti-Vehicle Turret is now the Heavy Turret and the Mounted Artillery Cannon is now the Siege Cannon.
- Fixed an issue where the Tracker wouldn’t update properly for all teams when multiple teams were able to instigate
- Fixed an issue where trackers would disappear after a player leaves the game
- Fixed an issue where sometimes when ending a game while a prop mover was in motion the prop wouldn’t be placed back in its original position
- Fixed an issue where the prop mover couldn’t move lava tiles
- Fixed an issue where players would lose all functionality when joining a match in progress where they spawned into a damage volume that was set to only eliminate a different team
- Fixed an issue where using conditional buttons with high resource requirements would cause a server crash
- Fixed an issue where that caused the enable/disable settings for the elimination manager to not function
- Fixed an issue that causes fire volumes to be visible when joining games in progress
- Fixed an issue where selecting a color on the SkyDome device would cause a soft crash
- Fixed an issue that cause the character animation to break when entering an occupied vehicle using a button
- Fixed an issue that prevent the flashlight to not turn on and produce light
- Fixed an issue where some items were missing tags or using the incorrect tag in the creative inventory