Attention Guardians! The latest update for Destiny 2 is here, and it’s packed with fixes and improvements to enhance your gaming experience. Get ready to dive into the action with these exciting changes.
In the Strikes category, several issues have been addressed. Players can now launch The Glassway strike directly from the Europa map without any hiccups. Additionally, no more getting stuck behind gates in The Disgraced strike, and the dialog at the end of the campaign version of Scarlet Keep won’t be cut off anymore. Oh, and no more teleporting to higher floors of the tower before the elevator reaches you in The Scarlet Keep. The Warden of Nothing strike has also received some attention, with a new launch node appearing on the Dreaming City map. And for those seeking additional Triumph points, there are new copies of the Warden of Nothing Triumphs in the Legends Triumphs category.
Nightfalls have also undergone some changes. All difficulties now feature the Acute Burn modifier, increasing player damage and enemy damage. Strike-specific modifiers have been removed, and Seasonal Modifiers are now used for Hero, Legend, and Master difficulty Nightfalls. Keep an eye out for the three Seasonal Modifiers for Season of the Risen that have been added to the game. And for those brave enough to tackle Grandmaster Nightfalls, stay tuned for future updates on the inclusion of Seasonal Modifiers.
In the Dungeons category, Shadow Thrall in The Shattered Throne will no longer grant unintended investment rewards, and the Wish-Ender quest no longer requires Tangled Shore steps.
Lastly, in the Gambit category, a Freelance: Gambit activity node has been added, providing a new way to enjoy the Gambit experience. Combatant encounter variants have been updated, and the Shriekers are taking a break for now. Get ready for more challenging encounters with increased energy shield resistance for combatants and enhanced vitality for medium Blockers. And to make your Gambit experience smoother, the bank locked waypoint now displays from afar and offscreen. Plus, the rules of Gambit are now conveniently displayed in an activity modifier.
So, Guardians, gear up and get ready to conquer the challenges that await you in Destiny 2 with this exciting update. Happy gaming!
DESTINY 2 HOTFIX 188.8.131.52
- Dares of Eternity
- Fixed an issue where the activity progress could fail when starting the Lightning Round.
- Fixed an issue where scoring UI would not appear in regular Dares of Eternity.
- Lost Sectors
- Fixed an issue where Legend and Master Lost Sector activities were missing from Bungie.net Game History APIs.
EUROPA “SABOTAGING SALVATION”
- Fixed an issue that was blocking players from completing this mission.
- Temporarily disabled Deepsight tier 3 chest that were being opened far more quickly than intended for Throne World vendor reputation gains.
- Fixed various holes in the world that were allowing players to get out of the environment.
- The Wellspring: Attack
- Fixed several issues that caused the back-middle Wizard during the boss fight to sometimes get trapped inside the pedestal below, blocking activity progression.
- Public Events
- Fixed Arc shield on Heroic Ether Harvest boss to properly react to Arc damage.
- The Lightblade
- The Hive boat now starts up properly even if players try to skip past it to the first hallway section below.
OF QUEENS AND WORMS
- Fixed an issue where joining late into the quest would not grant progress, blocking the player from acquiring the Parasite Exotic Grenade Launcher.
- Fixed issue where the Resonant Rune was using a placeholder icon.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where Titans could generate large amounts of Orbs of Power by rapidly entering and exiting Sparrows while triggering Ward of Dawn bubble.
- Fixed the Cataclysm icon size to fit properly in the player HUD.
- Fixed an issue where the crafted weapon Triumph counts were not being displayed properly for certain weapon types.
- Fixed an issue where Mementos could drop from activities before players had unlocked Weapon Crafting.
- Fixed an issue where the Gambit Memento was not dropping for players who have not purchased The Witch Queen.
- Updated a crafting material name to now read correctly as Drowned Alloy instead of Drowned Element.
- Fixed Enigma crafting perks to use the correct currencies.
- Grave Robber has been re-enabled for Glaives, after being temporarily disabled due to an ammo generation bug.
- Hunter dodge can now cancel out of Glaive melee animations.
- Fixed a bug where Funnelweb was displaying incorrect magazine values when comparing perks in the inspection screen.
- Fixed an issue where some foundry weapons only have their source origin trait.
- Fixed The Ragnhild-D shotgun to display the correct zoom.
- Fixed an issue where the Häkke Palmyra-B Rocket Launcher has missing/incorrect stats.
- Fixed an issue where the Fortissimo-11 had a higher magazine capacity than intended.
- Fixed an issue with the Alacrity perk to prevent it from persisting when the weapon is unequipped.
- Fixed issue where Grand the Overture catalyst quest description was swapped with the vendor text.
- Fixed an issue where the Fortissimo-11 Shotgun had an incorrect magazine stat (this would only have been visible with magazine-increasing perks or mods).
- Adjusted weights on Legendary weapons available on Banshee-44 so that the new world pool weapons have an increased chance of dropping.
- Fixed an issue where Glaive melee kills did not count towards Glaive kills in a player’s match history.
- Fixed an issue where the Outlaw perk appeared twice in the first column for the Crisis Inverted Hand Cannon (second instance has been replaced with Under Pressure).
- Sealed Ahamkara Grasps no longer reload Glaive magazines on dealing projectile damage.
- High-stat armor rolls have been added as rewards for Player Elected Difficulty campaign missions.
- Fixed description of Voltaic Mirror Exotic perk.
- Loreley Splendor Helm will now create a Sunspot when casting a barricade.
- It will still grant a Sunspot when critically wounded, but now requires and will consume a charged class ability cool down.
- Fixed an issue where the Overload Rounds mod was not disrupting the health regeneration of Overload Champions when recovering from a stun.
- Fixed an issue where the reduced damage debuff from the Renewal Grasps Exotic was only briefly applied.
- Should now affect enemies for duration they remain in Duskfield Grenade’s AoE.
- Updated Renewal Grasp’s description and Icon.
- Fixed an issue where the Virtuous Cloak looked rigid and not free flowing.
- Made some new Vanguard Void bounties not available during Void burn weeks.
- Fixed an issue where Void volatile explosion kills were not counting for objective progress.
- Reduced the completion values for some War Table repeatable bounties.
- Fixed issue where the quest Meditate on the Light can remain stuck in the player’s quest log if they received it from the postmaster and meditated before retrieving the quest.
- Players in this state will now have the stuck quest automatically removed.
- Meditate on the Light can now be abandoned and will no longer go to the postmaster if the player’s quest inventory is full.
- Fixed an issue where the Riding the Storm subclass quest for Titans and Stoking the Flame subclass quest for Hunters were no longer available at Ikora.
- Fixed an issue where the Phoenix Cradle ornament required ownership of Season 8 to purchase.
- Fixed an issue where the Seasonal Exotic ship did not have a source to drop from.
- Fixed an issue where relative drop chances were not showing properly for Ascendant Alloys in reward previews.
PLATFORMS AND SYSTEMS
- Fixed an issue where black levels could turn grey or invert due to deprecated calibration settings not being reset for some players.
- We are still working on a similar issue affecting HDR on Xbox One X that should be fixed in our next update.
- Ghost was confused and upside down during the meeting with Caiatl.
- Ghost may or may not still be confused, but at least is no longer upside down during the cinematic.
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to exchange Synthcord for Synthweave at the Loom.
- Increased the cost of pulling weapons and armor from collections to prevent farming Gunsmith reputation.
- Rare – 777 Glimmer
- Legendary – 1000 Glimmer and 10 Legendary Shards
- Exotic – 2500 Glimmer and 20 Legendary Shards
- Fixed an issue where the Night’s Chill shader was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where some names were not appearing correctly in the Partners section of the game credits.
- Various stability and crash fixes.
- Spanish Castilian Drifter and Ghost are fully re-recorded to replace sound-alike actors.
- Fixed an incorrect translation for the Quick Access Sling weapon mod in German.
- The German description on Sunbracers says melee hits activate the perk instead of melee kills.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to remain safely outside of the boss fight arena during the fight instead of being pulled into the room.
- Fixed an issue where players were not receiving Wellspring rewards if they haven’t picked up any armor from Fynch in the Throne World.
- Bad Luck Protection added for weapon drops and Deepsight mods in Wellspring.
- Does not apply to regular everyday life, sorry.
- Fixed an issue with Wellspring completion rewards that will make it less likely for players to obtain a powerful or pinnacle drop in the same slot multiple times in a row.
- Fixed an issue where level advantages were enabled in PvP Gambit.
- Gambit repeatable bounty tweaks include:
- Weapon kills reduced from 25 to 15.
- Grenade and melee kills reduced from 15 to 5.
- Super kills reduced from 15 to 10.
- Reduced the amount an invader kill heals the Primeval from 27% to 20%.
- Fixed an issue with Altars of Reflection not showing up properly for all characters.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes get stuck at the entrance of the palace in Florescent Canal when backtracking from the bridge.
- AI spawn points have been adjusted after spawn points were skewed, resulting in enemies spawning in the same spot more rapidly than intended.
- Fixed an issue with Ikora’s Hive Ritual introduction dialogue that played a glitched audio file.
- Fixed an issue where Deepsight chests would not appear when intended.
- Fixed an issue where targets would not spawn for players to destroy in the Canal Deepsight puzzle.
- Players will now be able to respawn properly after being respawned from a “Turn Back” message at the first Savathûn fight during the Ritual mission.
- Rally flag and spawn points have been adjusted, now located at the top of the stairs.
- PsiOps Battleground EDZ intel and reward chests will now stay spawned at their intended rate, no longer disintegrating at the 10-second mark.
- The second Lucent portal Wizard will now spawn with all proper shields, fixing an issue where players could soft-lock the activity by taking down the Wizard when it spawns unprotected.
- Fixed an issue where reward progress wasn’t tracking for the Exotic Sparrow in the Vox Obscura mission.
- Updated the Triumph description for Old Foes Rise Again to indicate that four weekly messages need to be acquired, one message per week following player confusion over how to complete.
- Fixed an issue with player waypoints where gild-able titles earned in previous Seasons, causing them to appear as a number or not at all.
- Fixed an issue where various Season 16 and 30th Anniversary items were appearing with incorrect watermarks.
- Fixed an issue where the in-game carousel and Seasonal tab Icon for the Hunter Seasonal ornament would display the incorrect cloak.
- Players would still receive the intended cloak when purchased.
- Fixed an issue where finisher and emote previews were being delayed.
- Fixed an issue where the player is unable to interact with sockets for two to four seconds while the screen fully loads.
- The addition of new blue banners in-game to help new players learn the game can now be removed from popping up for those that are already familiar with Destiny 2.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Armor mods for Glaives now drop from world engrams and can now be sold by Ada-1.
- Fixed an issue where Glaive armor mods would not appear in Collections.
- Fixed an issue where Aeon Safe Titan Exotic arms were not showing its familiar gold stripe.
- Tracking rockets have been adjusted after being found too dominant against other Guardians when invading in Gambit.
- This includes Grand Overture’s missiles.
- Tracking against AI enemies remains unchanged.
- Fixed an issue where the Ikelos SMG received an unintentional 40% damage buff.
- Fixed an issue where the Imperial Needle bow was getting an unintended 40% damage buff and could detonate enemies debuffed by Ticuu’s Divination.
- Wardcliff Coil Rocket Launcher’s damage has been restored to its original parameters following an unintentional buff to its damage.
- Fixed an issue regarding Grand Overture’s ability to generate more-than-intended ammo when switching Heavy weapons.
- Players would gain more ammo than intended when volley was readied and would overflow its magazine when combined with Actium War Rig (for Titans).
- Increased Grand Overture’s reserve ammunition from 20 to 40, resulting in a max ammo of 60.
- Fixed an issue where the Iron Banner weapon special effects would shut off if the Iron Banner origin trait was active.
- Fixed an issue where the Enhanced Golden Tricorn perk would not activate on ranged melee kills.
- Fixed an issue where the “Reshaping Enigma” quest objective could be bypassed.
- Fixed an issue where the Enigma Glaive reshaping costs could be overridden.
- Reduced end-of-campaign weapon crafting progression for campaign missions on Normal difficulty.
- Overflow has been removed from Enhanced Pulse Monitor following unintentionally overflowing the weapon’s magazine with seemingly no limit.
- Enhanced One-Two Punch now only requires 10-12 pellets to hit a target to proc the melee buff.
- Base trait and the Enhanced trait duration have been changed to 1.22s.
- Fixed an issue where reforges for the Osteao Striga’s catalyst would ask for the full catalyst cost.
- Enhanced Ambitious Assassin changed to add a Reload stat.
- Fixed an issue where Tier-3 Deepsight chests would only appear once per account.
- Fixed an issue where the Refined Qualichor quest wouldn’t reappear for Fynch at weekly reset.
- Fixed an issue where the standardized Void Weaken debuff was overriding Divinity’s custom weakening debuff.
- Fixed an issue where Ward of Dawn was granting an unintentional melee damage boost that stacked with Offensive Bulwark.
- Reduced melee recharge while invisible and wearing Graviton Forfeit when in PvP activities, including Crucible and Gambit.
- Fixed an issue where hitting Deadfall’s trap with a throwable grenade or smoke bomb would cause it to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where the Apex Armorer Seasonal Challenge that requires players to Masterwork any piece of armor would complete when a player changed the element of one of their already-Masterworked armor pieces.
PLATFORMS AND SYSTEMS
- Fixed an issue affecting Xbox One X HDR that caused black levels to turn white.
- Fixed an issue where certain quests were replaced with a placeholder icon.
- Fixed an issue where Google Stadia users who own The Witch Queen were shown the Digital Deluxe Edition upgrade option.
- Stadia Store does not offer automatic product discounts for expansions like other consoles, players should now see the correct messaging for the Deluxe Edition.
- Fixed an issue where players would purchase a weapon from Beyond Light from the Exotic Archive and see a pop-up message for the Deluxe Edition of the previous expansion, which is no longer available.
- Fixed an issue causing Gambit weapon and armor focusing to cost more than expected.
- Focusing now costs 10,000 Glimmer and 50 Legendary Shards each.
- Fixed an issue where the weekly limit for Ascendant Alloy purchases was not resetting at Master Rahool.
- Added a one-time purchase of two Ascendant Alloys for the cost of one.
- Rahool’s destination materials are now sold for stacks of 5 and 1 Legendary Shard, matching Spider’s previous exchange rates.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Weapon Telemetries to still drop.
- Go ahead and delete those from your inventory, no need to hoard what you can’t use any more.
- Fixed a localization issue where text overlapped in the Seasonal Rank Tool for some languages.
- Fixed an issue where the Exotic quest name for the Grand Overture catalyst quest would show up blank after the first step was completed.
- Various crash and stability fixes implemented across all platforms.
- Fixed a networking issue that could cause the destructible Pyramid Crux object used in many activities to desync state between client and host causing several issues and confusing players.
- Fixed an issue where a third Altar could unintentionally be active on the map for a short period.
- Fixed an issue causing perks in Gambit PvP to use PvE values.
- More specifically, Eriana’s Vow will no longer one-shot opponents unless they’ve already taken damage from other sources.
- Fixed an issue where an unintentional symbol could appear where one of Rhulk’s attacks met environment geometry.
- Fixed an issue where players could earn a lore entry while only standing in front of one of two symbols.
- Fixed an issue where players could shoot any symbol to pass the “kill” symbol check for the lore entry.
- Fixed an issue where players could disrupt The Caretaker mid-wipe performance.
- Fixed an issue where players could complete The Caretaker encounter and the activity would not progress.
- Fixed an issue where the Rhulk encounter would be soft locked if players spread Leeching Force as their final deposit occurs.
- Fixed an issue where players could leave raid banners up by planting them as the encounter begins.
- Fixed an issue where players could earn multiple lore entries by reloading checkpoints.
The Witch Queen Campaign
- Fixed an issue where players could circumvent death in Legendary Campaign missions by leaving the fireteam and rejoining.
- Players that Join in Progress now require a revive.
- Fixed an issue preventing replayable nodes in The Witch Queen campaign from appearing on the Throne World map for a small portion of players.
- Fixed the displayed possible rewards for Legend difficulty for The Ghosts to include Ascendant Alloy.
- Fixed an issue where Champions were inconsistently spawning in PsiOps Battlegrounds.
- Fixed an issue where some items were being highlighted as new incorrectly, which had negative impacts to performance.
- Fixed an issue where general game performance could stutter or drop in framerate while character inventory UI was loading.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Gambit weapon and armor focusing to cost more than expected.
- Focusing now costs 10,000 Glimmer and 50 Legendary Shards each.
- Rahool’s destination materials now are sold for stacks of five for one Legendary Shard, matching Spider’s previous exchange rates.
- Fixed an issue that was still allowing Weapon Telemetries to drop.
- Players can safely delete all Weapon Telemetries from their inventories as they no longer have any use and will not be used in the future.
- Fixed an issue where a Vanguard bounty, The Harder They Fall, could only be progressed in strikes.
- Fixed an issue where the Omega catalyst boost was rewarding 3x progress instead of 4x.
- Fixed an issue where the Legendary Campaign emblem, A Higher Truth, could not be equipped on platforms where the player doesn’t own The Witch Queen.
- Players who found themselves unable to unlock or acquire a Light subclass should now be able to do so.
- Players should find the associated pursuits in their inventory when first entering orbit with space remaining for the associated pursuit.
- Fixed an issue where the Ritual of the Season Triumph could be progressed with PvE kills outside of Vanguard playlists.
- Fixed an issue where Seasonal quest steps could be blocked if players had reached the Psionic Intel inventory limit.
- Fixed an issue where Nightfalls were giving inconsistent reputation bonuses when reaching a platinum score.
- Some strikes will now reward additional reputation, while others will reward less.
- Increased Element crafting currency caps.
- More information can be found in the 3/17/2022 This Week at Bungie blog article.
- Fixed an issue where the Sleight of Hand trait perk had incorrect crafting requirements.
- Fixed an issue where the Moments of Triumph 2021 title could not be equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the Explosive Personality Grenade Launcher was not using the correct RPM stat for wave frames.
- Note that the crafting screen will still display the wrong RPM which will be fixed in a future patch.
- The actual weapon item will have the correct stat.
- Fixed an issue where The Logic ornament for The Lament appeared backwards.
- Fixed an issue where The Lament and Worldline Zero were not networking their attacks correctly.
- Fixed an issue where a faint box would be visible around the hip-fire reticle when using Osteo Striga or Forerunner.
- All Glaives now reach full charge after four successful projectile hits instead of six.
- Fixed an issue where the previous reduction of melee recharge rate for Graviton Forfeit was erroneously applying in PvE activities.
- Fixed an issue where the Exotic Titan Helmet, Loreley Splendor, would consume class ability energy upon death without spawning a Sunspot(as in the case of taking enough damage to fully deplete your health while you still have any shields).
- Players must first acquire Vow of the Disciple raid mods before they can be applied to armor from that raid.
- Fixed an issue where some armor was not appearing on the Appearance Customization screen, even after it had been unlocked with Synthweave.
- Fixed an issue where some Rare armor sets could be infused.
- Fixed an issue where focusing an Umbral Engram could sometimes give the wrong armor to Warlocks.
- Boss combatants no longer take additional melee damage while frozen by Stasis.
- Sentinel Titan’s Bastion barricade now takes 20% increased damage from player sources.
- This damage bonus stacks with other sources of anti-emplacement damage like the Hakke Breach Armaments origin trait or Anti-Barrier Rounds.
- Targets with Void invisibility active now ping the radar for 0.6 seconds every 3 seconds until invisibility ends. Normal radar visibility rules still apply (i.e., double jumping or sprinting pings the radar).
- Note: Now that we’ve seen feedback and data from the first weekend of Trials in Season 16, we wanted to take a few steps to address a few outliers in the Void 3.0 subclass kits.
- These changes are targeted specifically at PvP and don’t affect the PvE sandbox.
- We believe that some frustration stems from prevalence and will taper off over time as additional subclasses are brought into the 3.0 system, but wanted to address what we can before the next Trials weekend.
- As always, we’ll be on the lookout for feedback and will adjust where needed.
- Fixed an issue where Child of the Old Gods could damage some targets through immunity shields.
- While the Child will not be put on time out, it now knows better and has issued heartfelt apologies to all targets that it has damaged through immunity.
- We are thankful to have such a good Child, and are proud of them.
- Fixed an issue where some overlays could cause game crashes.
- Includes MSI Afterburner and Razor Cortex.
THE WELLSPRING: ATTACK
- Fixed an issue where players were able to avoid being pulled into the boss arena during encounter when pressed up against Hive shield barriers.
- Fixed an issue where players that joined the activity late would prevent activity barriers from spawning, blocking further Wellspring progression.
- Fixed an issue where Wizards and carried objects could be pushed to sink through the middle pillar, soft-locking the instance.
- Fixed an issue in the Cosmodrome that blocked players from picking up Captured Light, blocking further progression.
TRIALS OF OSIRIS
- Fixed an issue where Trials of Osiris Mementos were not dropping when players claimed their first Flawless chest of the week.
Gameplay and Investment
- Fixed an issue where combatants would remain stun-locked indefinitely when hit with a Glaive melee.
- Balance tweaks were made to the Firmly Planted perk on Fusion Rifles.
- Effectiveness reduced by 50%.
- Glaives will now reach full charge after landing four successful projectile hits.
- Suppressing Glaive now consumes (and requires) 10% weapon energy when applying suppression with the Glaive melee.
- Child of the Old Gods is now more likely to reach its intended target, no longer bouncing off its directed path.
- We are still proud of the Child, even more than we were last week. Good job, Child.
- Fixed an issue that prevented stat trackers from counting weekly, Seasonal, and lifetime Vow of the Disciple raid carries.