Risk of Rain 2 developer Hopoo Games released the game and they are happy about sale rates and feedbacks. Here are what they said.
You can check and buy the game on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/632360/Risk_of_Rain_2/
The team have been working on Risk of Rain 2 for almost 3 years. It’s a co-op, roguelike, 3rd-person action game packed with content.
As a big “Thank you” to all our fan, we are running a big “Buy One Get One Free” sale for the first 48 hours on Steam. Buying a copy grants another coupon for a free copy to give to a friend – we wanted to make sure as many people as possible could get into the game and play with their! This offer expires on March 30th at 12PM PST.
Also as many of you have (now) learned, we have partnered up with Gearbox Publishing to make RoR2 the biggest and best version of Risk of Rain possible. Gearbox has contributed greatly to helping market the game, designing community outreach, and guaraneeting that the game is as stable as possible on launch. We’re really excited with this partnership and hope you are too! For those concerned, don’t worry: RoR2 is entirely created, designed, and written by the Hopoo Team. You will get an authentic Risk of Rain experience.
Last but not least, we wanted to highlight our Composer Chris Christodoulou for all of his amazing work on the OSTs for Risk of Rain, DEADBOLT, and now Risk of Rain 2. Check out his bandcamp page right HERE for the Early Access version of the OST, available now!
Again, thank you to all of the fans, players, friends, and family who have made our dreams possible over the last few years! We couldn’t have gotten this far without you – and this is just the beginning!
Overall, we’re ecstatic with the gameplay of Risk of Rain 2. There are some crashes we are trying our best to address, especially on game boot-up.
A goal we are currently trying to figure out is the most appropriate Customer Support path going forward. We’ve been helping players manually, but a lot of players are falling through the cracks. DMing people through Discord isn’t the most efficient. Will update everyone with info once it comes.
Another goal is a general roadmap for the game: what does the future of Risk of Rain 2 look like? How frequent are patches, compared to Content Updates? Will they be major chunks of content or trickling in over time? What would the community feel would keep the game the most enjoyable throughout Early Access?
We have internally finished a patch to address a lot of initial feedback and critical bugs – it is in QA and hopefully available to everyone early next week.
• Happy with progression rate for classes – a touch faster than intended but still OK
• Happy with Rainstorm difficulty – haven’t seen much of Monsoon content to know. Drizzle is very easy but also fine.
• Pleasantly surprised with people saying performance is good – have to narrow down why it runs poorly on some high-end machines
• Happy with in-run decision making (3D Printers, Mountain Shrine, Order Shrine, etc). Should try to brainstorm more big decision points like this..
• Happy that new teleporter event rules don’t seem upsetting to RoR1 players
• Curious about content distribution – are players progressing through unlocks too fast? How long do the more difficult item unlocks take?
• Very happy with secret progressions – players are finding it at the ideal rate
• Noting lots of feedback about 4+ player lobbies. Have to consider best way forward – most likely would be a private game only option with a disclaimer.
• Noting sometimes monsters get stuck behind a closed door on Wetland Aspect
• Noting people like going fast
• Noting a lot of Quickplay Lobbies have an insane time to launch of 4000+ seconds
• Noting people like ruining their build with Shrine of Order or 3D printer
• Noting people want to be able to automatically continue sprinting after rolling
• Noting people don’t enjoy getting blasted as soon as they enter a stage
Stuff Working On
• Corrupted save file preventing people from playing is very high priority to fix – this is addressed in the Monday patch.
• Happy with (mostly) class balance outside of MUL-T being a tad too strong. I think it’s worth noting here that we have a stat per attack called it’s “proc coefficient”, and it essentially defines how strong or frequent procs happen on an on-hit basis. MUL-T’s nailgun has a low proc coefficient per nail of 0.4 compared to most character’s 1.0, so he isn’t proccing stuff a ton faster than other characters.
• Very happy with Discord community aspect, but may need management help as it grows.
• Imp Boss is a bit grindy, same with Worm
• Some concerns about cheaters in Prismatic Trial. Excited for when seed rolls over.
• Hearing loud & clear about Teleporter being hard to see – want to make it still an aspect of the game without it feeling like a mistake. Players are not really noticing the passive particles – will start with a soft approach first.