Fortuna: Hotfix 126.96.36.199
- Added a potential fix for crashes on Windows 7 systems without Service Pack 1 or updated BIOS (CPU features are being mis-advertised as available that need SP1 to actually use).
- Fixed a soft-lock if you tried to rush a pet’s stasis recovery without enough Credits.
- Fixed a soft-lock when exercising Focus options in Relays, Simulacrum or Captura.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on shutdown.
- Fixed missing ground-punch sounds on Atlas’ Rumblers
- Fixed several random crashes.
- Fixed Pet Moa’s equipped weapons not gaining shared affinity.
- Integrated localization fixes.
Chat Moderation Changes:
- In-game Kick, Ban, and Spam Flush messages will now be handled as a system notification instead of a private message. We are in the process of reviewing the human element of our in-game chat moderation. You can read the details here:
There are an inherent amount of issues when a game is free to play, and account creation leads to fairly quick access to in-game chat. We wish to keep the chat free of language that is offensive, uncivil and disruptive. We also understand that a balance must be struck when people are simply there to have fun. To this end, we automate most chat moderation, and manually moderate some. In the perfect world all moderation is quick and effective, getting rid of the previously mentioned disruptions. But that isn’t always the case – thus, Update Part 1 begins!
Today, we are starting to push out some of the systemic changes that affect how Chat Moderation will be performed and managed in-game. While this is not the full extent of our changes, some in-game systems need to be updated before completion to mark the way for other, more policy-related, changes.
To that end, we have to address the internal issues that have occurred with an ever-developing program, and correct the problems that have arisen from our lack of communication, or failures to deal with changes during our learning curve. With that in mind, we wish to give a level of transparency, systemic change and internal review that both serves the community and protects everyone involved from miscommunication in the future.
What is changing now:
In game messages about chat bans and kicks will be displayed clearly as system messages, rather than overlookable PMs.
All actions performed during moderation will be better logged in-system for review.
We’ve hired a player that’s been around since October 2012 – [DE]Bear – to oversee Chat Moderation full time to help with moderator and player concerns. His first day was November 19, the day before the Switch launch.
What is coming:
Our Chat Moderators are players first, and they fall under the same rules and guidelines we expect from all of our players in Warframe. But we have not been upfront about that. To demystify the concerns that Chat Moderators are exempt, a full draft of a Chat Moderator Code of Conduct will be posted in Part 2. In posting the Code of Conduct, we are setting a new and improved standard of expectations for our Chat Moderators moving forward.
Communication from DE staff will be addressed to make sure that all Chat Mods follow a set of guidelines that are fair and defined.
DE staff will be looking at our internal policies, addressing issues where our communication to the community, and our Moderation Teams may have caused conflicting messages as to what is considered actionable conduct.
- Improved the accuracy of the in-game FPS counter and made made numerous improvements to the Max Framerate setting as described here:
- Made numerous optimizations to enemy/NPC navigation and included additional optimizations for modern CPUs with F16C instructions
- Tweaked audio delay to Eudico’s Bounty transmission.
- Tweaked audio of Nef’s billboard lines.
- Enthrall can now be used while on Ziplines.
- Mining results now use the themed resource icon if available.
Garuda Changes & Fixes:
- Capped Garuda’s Dread Mirror and Blood Altar dashes to 150m/s max. No more going going 42km/s anymore.
- Fixed Dread Mirror’s dash causing players to get stuck.
- Fixed delay between the end of Garuda’s Seeking Talons release animation and being able to charge her Dread Mirror.
- Fixed a crash while Garuda siphons blood.
- Fixed (maybe) Blood Altar and Dread Mirror falling through the floor.
- Fixed Garuda Dread Mirror failing to cast because of TARGET OBSTRUCTED when the leap into the air would clear whatever obstruction was blocking her.
- Fixed Seeking Talons not being cancelled by Stalker.
- Fixed a memory leak in the gear wheel that would degrade performance the more often you used it
- Fixed non-energy draining abilities getting canceled when riding vehicles.
- Fixed Kyta Raknoid spin beam removing invulnerability.
- Fixed terrain clipping in Connector 13 of Grineer Settlement tileset.
- Fixed some types of camera shake ignoring the view shake option.
- Fixed Companions orbiting around you sometimes when you stop moving.
- Fixed rushing forward with zero input when equipping Archwing.
- Fixed enemies having trouble entering cover.
- Fixed certain melee sounds that were playing when using abilities in Operator mode.
- Fixed choppy automatic weapon fire sound playback
- Fixed Champion of the People challenge not working as advertised.
- Fixed Thurible loop sound to stop playing if you get killed while using the ability.
- Fixed issue where lures/tranq rifle gear items were getting into bad anim states.
- Fixed the Hades Tonfa skin not applying the correct material to the flame.
- Fixed Kitguns not creating tracers and other effects after exiting Submersible Archwing.
- Fixed the behavior of the Max Framerate setting: when Vertical Sync is enabled the Max Framerate has always been locked to the Refresh Rate and the UI now shows this properly.
- Fixed K-Drive GrindSwap trick not triggering when jumping from rail while grinding.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading into Orb Vallis.
- Fixed non-EMP fishing spears ignoring the reset condition on the “Catch X fish without missing a throw” riven challenge
- Fixed dropship passengers getting frozen mid air.
- Fixed Oxylus Lifeform precept not showing Kubrodon points.
- Fixed ‘Stay Frosty’ Challenge being
impossible(edit) inconsistent due to K-Drive height calculations.
- Fixed launcher crashes related to high-resolution displays.
- Fixed missing chain dangle on the Hades Tonfa skin.
- Fixed missing lightmap info on some cave water planes.
- Fixed Cryotra only firing at targets within its firing range.
- Fixed a script error that could occur in the Ayatan Treasure screen.
- Fix to Howl and Nekros’ Terrify sometimes not making the target run away in the Plains or Vallis.
- Fixed invisible hazard bubbles in Hive missions.
- Fixed a loot crate that was under the floor in Grineer Shipyards tileset.
- Fixed gory nano particle effects not being hidden when gore is disabled.
Fortuna: Hotfix 188.8.131.52
- Fixed a crash that could occur with gore disabled.
- Fixed (potentially) crashes on Windows 7 without Service Pack 1. Everyone on the team wants to point out if you are in this scenario, you’ve resisted updating for almost 7 years. C’mon.
- Fixed a crash in the Ambulas fight.
- Fixed an issue with the mining laser UI getting stuck on screen if town gates were opening.
- Fixed additional crashes.