- Act Rank Badges are disabled in-game while we investigate a potential issue where they may be causing performance hitches in-game. Your Act Rank Badge will still display in Competitive lobbies, map load in, and on the end-of-game screen.
- The Competitive team will continue to investigate the system to work towards a holistic fix in a future patch.
- Big shout out to Kevin.
GAME SYSTEMS UPDATES
- Observers no longer hear ping audio
- Improved sightline visibility in well-lit areas
- Added Game State Modification cheat to allow moderators to adjust various aspects of the game (player stats, money, etc.) in a tournament setting
- Rolled back fixed team colors change from 1.11
- This was causing some confusion as people have started to associate red with attack, and green with defense
- There were a couple bugs causing certain UI elements to display in the wrong color
- We plan to bring this feature back in the future, when we finish adding support for custom team colors.
- We have redesigned the Open/Close Party toggle to make it easier for players to understand whether they are in an open or closed party
- Observers will now appear as “in game” in the social panel
- Observers can now view and type in /all chat in custom games
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added a new user interface for custom game observers during character select
- Fixed a bug where leaving/disconnecting from a Custom Game would result in a VAL-51 error, requiring the game to be remade in order for the player to rejoin
- Fixed a bug in the end-of-game screen after an Icebox match that displayed Haven’s map, and would incorrectly display timeline markers
- Fixed issue where players could target mid-air (dropped) weapons with some abilities
- Left handed mode: fixed recoil animation being incorrectly mirrored (mismatching actual weapon recoil)
- Fixed overlapping Observer UI when a player is planting/defusing
- Fixed inconsistent team coloring on minimap pings
- Fixed rare issue where Observer camera transition visuals could get stuck when swapping between player views