3.8.2d Patch Notes
- You can now create Private Leagues for Metamorph, in advance of the league’s launch on December 13th. These leagues will not begin until Metamorph launches.
- Fixed a bug where players were shown an option to Migrate to base League after a league had ended but before character migration had occurred.
3.8.2c Patch Notes
Added the Damnation and Sanctum Supporter Packs. There are two price points available for each and they feature exclusive armour sets as well as wings, weapon effects, hoods, social frames, forum titles and more. Thank you for your support!
3.8.2b Patch Notes
- The Menagerie’s World Panel pin is now hidden until you’ve actually unlocked it.
- Fixed a bug where you would be incorrectly warned that the “Temple of Atzoatl is ready to be explored” when opening an Alva Atlas Mission if you still had active portals to the Temple.
- Fixed a bug where Lava Lake Map could spawn slightly fewer monsters than intended.
- Fixed a bug where the Minion Modifiers on the Convoking Wand basetype did not display their tiers when viewing their Advanced Mod Descriptions.
- Fixed a bug where Wave of Conviction’s travel distance could be shorter than intended if a previous use of the skill was stopped short by hitting a wall or some other object. This corrected itself when the player moved.
- Fixed a bug where some Trap Throwing Speed and Mine Throwing Speed modifiers were not reflected in the character sheet. This was solely a visual bug.
- Fixed a bug where the Cleave skill used by Kitava’s Herald and Blight Herald was missing its visual effects.
- Fixed a bug where the skeleton effect from Stygian Flame Dash did not always display correctly on Predictive networking mode.
- Fixed a bug where the Vaal Seal hideout decorations were not granted to players that bought the Corrupted Hideout. We will be manually granting these to players that have already purchased the Corrupted Hideout if they did not receive them.
- Fixed a bug where some buffs displayed a buff icon and description that wasn’t meant to be seen. Oops!
- Fixed a bug where various weapon effects were not visible when applied to wands, daggers and claws that had the Harlequin Weapon Skin applied to them.
3.8.2 Patch Notes
- Increased the minimum distance at which Blight Portals can spawn from the Ichor Pump.
- Updated the description on Breathstealer unique gloves to reflect the fact that a Blighted Spore can be created when your Minions kill a rare monster. This change does not affect functionality.
- Fixed a rare bug where you could be placed on the upper level when entering a Blighted Ramparts Map, making it impossible to reach the Ichor Pump.
- Fixed a bug where the “Deal Full Damage” ring enchantments did not correctly bypass Blight monster resistances.
- Fixed a bug where the “Your Temporal Towers also grant you 20% increased action speed” ring enchantment did not work.
- Fixed a rare bug where kill credit was not properly awarded to players when killing a monster through the use of damage over time skills. This affected awarding of the Defeat Rogue Exiles challenge.
- Fixed a bug where Blighted Spores created by the Breathstealer unique gloves counted towards the /remaining monster count in an area.
- Reduced the impact on performance when using Multistrike, Spell Echo, Unleash, Blastchain Mine Support and High-Impact Mine Support.
- Corrupted Blood now plays audio each time it is applied to a player.
- Imprinted Beasts and Bestiary Orbs can no longer have skin transfers applied to them.
- Updated the description of the Inspiration Support gem to clarify that Minions, Totems, Traps and Mines cannot gain Inspiration Charges.
- Durations modifiers can now affect the Flicker Strike buff which grants movement speed.
- The remains of destroyed Delve Walls can no longer be consumed or destroyed like corpses, because they aren’t.
- The buff timer for stolen Headhunter, Inspired Learning and Hunter’s Lesson buffs is no longer obscured when you have multiple instances of the buff.
- Updated the Vendor Recipes page of the Help Panel to reflect changes made in 3.8.0.
- Restored the textures of various pipe hideout decorations to their pre-3.8.0 visuals.
- Fixed a rare bug that prevented various bosses from using skills or transitioning correctly after being Frozen or Stunned.
- Fixed a bug where you would respawn in town after dying in the Uber Elder encounter. You will now respawn in your hideout if you opened the portals from your hideout.
- Fixed a bug where, when maps whose tiers were changed through the use of a Shaper’s Orb or Elder Orb were corrupted into a different rare map (or had its modifiers rerolled), the new map would have mods of the original map’s base tier, rather than of the original map’s new tier.
- Fixed a bug where your Auras could be disabled when a summoned Carrion Golem died.
- Fixed a bug where the Mana Multiplier from High-Impact Mine Support or Blastchain Mine Support could affect curses supported by Blasphemy Support if it was linked after the Curse aura was cast. The curse aura will now turn off if a Support Gem is linked which prevents you from using the skill as an aura on yourself.
- Fixed a bug where desync would occur if you were using Cyclone while it was socketed in an item as an Incubator attached to that item reached its kill threshold.
- Fixed a bug where the damage over time from Infernal Legion Support could affect enemies which you did not have line-of-sight to.
- Fixed a bug where Spectral Shield Throw could sometimes not create secondary projectiles if it chained.
- Fixed a bug where Fog of War on the Subterranean Chart could sometimes restrict view of connected nodes if they were very far away.
- Fixed a bug where being in a Breach created by Vaal Breach removed the Darkness debuff.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.8.0 where Augmented Synthete’s large projectile nova skill did not deal damage.
- Fixed a rare bug where you could get uncorrupted gems with 21-23% Quality from Transportation Betrayal Safehouses if Vorici was a Captain.
- Fixed a bug where Burning applied by Herald of Ash was not able to be removed.
- Fixed a rare bug where objects could sometimes have the wrong model. For example, a monster using a tree as its weapon.
- Fixed a bug where some buildings in the Lava Lake Map did not fade their roofs correctly when you were inside of them.
- Fixed a bug where the microtransaction versions of Ice Nova looked different when cast on a Frostbolt than if they were cast under any other condition.
- Fixed a bug where some weapon effects could not be applied to a weapon that had the Harlequin Weapon applied to it.
- Fixed a bug where both the Void Emperor Body Armour and the Miracle Wings did not animate correctly while in town areas.
- Fixed a bug where part of the Arcane Tome Totem Skin remained visible after the totem submerged.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when applying various weapon effects to a weapon that had Ringmaster Weapon applied to it.
- Fixed a client crash that would occur when changing your Display Adapter in the Graphics options menu.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when losing charges.
3.8.1e Patch Notes
- Added a timer which is counting down to the opening ceremony of ExileCon.
- Reverted Shatter sound effects back to the pre-3.8.0 version.
- Blighted Map drops now drop at a minimum tier based on the tier of the Map that you are currently in. For example, when in a Tier 5 Map, Tier 1 to Tier 5 Blighted Maps can drop. When in a Tier 6 Map, you’ll receive a Tier 6 Blighted Map (and will never receive a Tier 1 to Tier 5 Blighted Map).
- Fixed a bug where the “x% chance for Blight Chests to drop an additional Reward” modifiers caused an additional random item to drop from Blight Chests, rather than an additional reward that matched the chest type.
- Fixed a bug where Darkness in Delve Cities did not apply to players.
- Fixed a bug where the Death Aura granted by Death’s Oath unique body armour could be disabled when removing and resocketing gems.
3.8.1d Patch Notes
- Improved the visibility of Blight Boss icons on the minimap.
- Progress towards the “Spend Blight Resources” challenge is now granted to all players in the area when any player builds or upgrades a Tower.
- You can now use the Anoint Items option when talking to Cassia without having completed the Blight Tutorial encounter. This allows players in Standard league to anoint items by talking to Cassia in a Blighted Map.
- Fixed a bug where you would be unable to build Towers if you had right-clicked on a Tower while holding left-click on it as well.
- Fixed a bug where monsters that spawned from Cold, Lightning and Physical lanes had the wrong description with regards to what type of Towers they were resistant to. This was a description issue only.
- Fixed a bug where Blight Towers could sometimes persist after an encounter ends if that Tower was being built or upgraded when the encounter ended.
- Fixed a bug where the additional meteors created by the “Your Meteor Towers drop an additional Meteor” ring enchantment modifier were too tightly clumped together, making it difficult to discern the additional meteors.
- Fixed a bug where the “Your Flamethrower Towers deal full damage to Fire Enemies” and “Your Shock Nova Towers deal full damage to Lightning Enemies” ring enchantment modifiers did not work.
- Fixed a bug where Anointed Notables did not count towards the Inspired Learning unique jewel’s allocated Notable requirement.
- Fixed a bug where Anointed Notables did not count towards Transcendent unique jewel modifiers.
- Fixed a bug where Blighted Beasts had Phasing, allowing them to run through the Ice Prisons created by Glacial Cage Towers.
- Fixed a bug where some of Cassia’s dialogue did not respect the Dialogue Volume setting.
- Reduced the impact on performance of various buffs granted to you and allies affected by your auras.
- Summoned Minions are now re-summoned if the level of their skill gem changes. Minions that are re-summoned in this way will be briefly stunned.
- Made further updates to the Shatter sound effect.
- Added two crafting slots to the Delve Stash Tab.
- Added audio that plays when flasks are equipped or placed in your inventory or stash.
- You can now use an “Exact Match” parameter in Item Filters. Simply use == to filter for exact matches. For example, BaseType == “The Demon” will show The Demon Divination Card but will not show The Demoness.
- Deforestation has occurred in the Lava Lake Map. There are now far fewer pesky trees blocking your view.
- Shattering Steel now creates all of its projectiles if its animation is cancelled after the first projectile has been fired.
- The Ngamahu, Flame’s Advance Chieftain buff now displays a buff icon while its damage bonus is active.
- Updated the buff icon art for Master of Metal.
- The Eternal Life Flask can now be filled to the brim.
- Fixed a bug where you were unable to interrogate the Betrayal Mastermind on a character from the same account that was different to the one that opened portals to the Mastermind’s Lair.
- Fixed a bug where the “-X to Total Mana Cost” veiled modifiers were not specific to Elreon’s veiled items.
- Fixed a bug where Cobra Lash and Venom Gyre did not alternate hands for attacks while dual-wielding.
- Fixed a bug where the “8% more Damage per Non-Golem Minion near them” buff from Carrion Golems did not persist after changing areas. Fixed a bug where this buff was checking for Non-Golem Minions near the player, rather than the Carrion Golem. Fixed a bug where this buff was stacking for each Carrion Golem summoned (though this did not bypass the 80% cap).
- Fixed a bug where Celestial Raised Zombies had a longer Slam cooldown than default Raised Zombies.
- Fixed a bug where Raised Mummies did not submerge after dying.
- Fixed a bug where Shockwave Support, when socketed into an item that granted a skill, would create a secondary Shockwave skill that would be triggered on alternating Melee Hits (respecting the cooldown of Shockwave). This secondary Shockwave would be supported by all socketed support gems, even if they weren’t linked.
- Fixed a bug where the “Chaos Resistance is Doubled” notable passive did not double “Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time” or Hybrid resistance modifiers (such as +X% to Cold and Chaos Resistances).
- Fixed a bug with terrain generation of various areas, including The Broken Bridge.
- Fixed a bug where older versions of Mineral Pools Map contained both forms of Merveil in the boss room.
- Fixed a bug where pressing Enter to confirm a listing price for an item in your Stash would open the chat, rather than confirm the price.
- Fixed a bug where monsters that were Fleeing would do so for a much shorter distance than intended.
- Fixed a bug where weapon effects were overwritten when the Avian’s Flight and Avian’s Might buffs cycled between one another.
- Fixed a bug where a Betrayal Encounter quest tracker could become out of date in older instances if you found other Betrayal encounters in a different instance while your original instance had a decision pending.
- Fixed clipping issues with the Havenwood Armour Set.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when using Toxic Rain.
3.8.1c Patch Notes
Significantly improved serverside performance of monster stat calculations, which especially affects minion builds.
3.8.1b Patch Notes
- Fixed a minor visual issue with the Void Emperor Character Effect’s orbs when using Dash.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when using Shield Charge if you leveled the gem up while it was being used.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when using Leap Slam with the Harlequin Leap Slam Effect on Predictive Networking Mode.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when using Mines.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur in the Act 6 and Tower Map Brutus and Shavronne encounters
- Fixed a client stall that could occur when certain effects were being played if you had a frame rate drop for some other reason.
This patch has been deployed without a restart. You will need to restart your client to get the client elements of this patch.
3.8.1 Patch Notes
- Increased the amount of reward chests from each lane in Blighted Maps.
- The rewards from Blighted Maps can now include Oils.
- Reduced the amount of monsters that spawn during Blighted Maps. The intention is to reduce the impact on performance while still retaining difficulty.
- Reduced the chance that Blighted Monsters will create Beyond Portals on death in Blighted Maps.
- Blighted monsters can no longer have the Cannot Die, Shroud Walker, Soul Conduit, Fractured or Group Frenzy on Death modifiers.
- Blighted monsters that cast Proximity Shield can no longer cast the skill if they are already inside of a Proximity Shield. Blighted monsters that have active Proximity Shields will now disable them if they become affected by another shield. This should result in far less overlap.
- Reduced the Life of Minions spawned by Summoning Towers. Increased the amount of delay before new minions are summoned after an existing set of minions has died.
- Increased the life of Minions spawned by Sentinel Towers but added a short delay before they are summoned again after dying.
- Substantially increased the damage of minions summoned by a Scout Tower.
- Added telegraphing effects to Knucklegnaw’s Slam skill.
- The split-versions of Sporeplume now deal less damage, take more damage, and have a shorter attack range.
- Prophecies can no longer trigger when entering Blighted Maps.
- You can no longer use a Blighted Map as part of an Atlas Mission, as they do not work. They did not previously consume Atlas Missions because of this.
- Hovering over a tower-building UI element now indicates that it is less effective against Blighted enemies of the same type (as shown on the Blight Portal UI).”
- Updated the names of some ring enchantments so that their name matches their effect. This doesn’t affect the functionality of existing items at all.
- The Ball Lightning skill used by Ephrexis, Blight Strider now releases additional smaller Ball Lightning projectiles as it travels.
- Ystral, Winter Stalker now uses a more dangerous version of his Sunder skill.
- Fixed a bug where Blight Portals could spawn too close to the Ichor Pump.
- Fixed a bug where Rattleback, Hollow Matriarch could become immune to damage if it died while Petrified.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Banisher of the Cleansed from spawning.
- Fixed a bug where Blight Towers and Minions summoned by Blight Towers were benefiting from Map Modifiers.
- Fixed a bug where an open tower building UI element would close if you had gained enough resources to upgrade a different tower.
- Fixed a bug where Blight monsters spawned by a Minion Portal did not ignore minions spawned a Summoning Tower.
- Fixed a bug where Blighted Frozen Titans were not removed when failing a Blight Encounter.
- Fixed a bug where, in Blighted Maps, Cassia did not warn you that monsters were close to the pump.
- Fixed a bug where Blighted Maps would begin spawning monsters immediately after you had built your first tower if you had not yet completed the “Strange Growths” Blight quest.
- Fixed a bug where the “Start Blight Encounter” button lingered for a short duration after being clicked.
- Fixed a bug where transforming an Amulet into a Talisman removed its Anointed Notable passive.
- Fixed a bug where casting Vaal Breach counted as opening a Breach for the sake of the “Open Breaches” challenge.
- Updated the Atlas Missions information panel to correctly refer to the fact that five Atlas Missions will accumulate daily, rather than two at random.
- Updated the description text underneath Vagan, Victory’s Herald on the Betrayal Board to match his new rewards.
- Smoke Mine can no longer be re-armed.
- Smoke Mine now has a 0.15 second delay before it can be thrown again to prevent accidentally throwing multiple in a row when you have very high mine throwing speed.
- Burning Damage Support and Elemental Focus Support can now support Summon Skitterbots while it is also supported by Infernal Legion.
- Improved performance when large amounts of corpses are nearby when using the Essence Glutton ascendancy passive.
- Improved the performance of spell projectiles cast by Skeleton Mages.
- Fixed a bug where some Atlas Missions were sometimes generated based on the percentage of monsters slain in a map, rather than when the map boss was slain. Daily missions are not affected by this fix.
- Fixed a bug where Jun’s missions granted less Favour than intended.
- Fixed a rare bug where The Elder was sometimes able to move despite being chained up during his Unstable phase.
- Fixed a bug where, when you had a Safehouse and Mastermind encounter ready to run, if you ran the Mastermind encounter first, your Safehouse area level would be reset. Safehouse area level is now maintained when your Betrayal board is reset.
- Fixed a bug where the Cursed Concoction passive skill would cause Blasphemied Curses to be removed from yourself after using a Mana Flask.
- Fixed a bug where monsters would try to attack your Mines or Traps, even though they were not able to hit them.
- Fixed a bug where Mine Auras, Plaguebearer, Infernal Legion and the Corpse Pact “Chilled and Shocked” Auras were unable to damage Totems.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.8.0 where the Primordial Might unique jewel did not make Golems Aggressive.
- Fixed a bug where the “+X to Level of all Minion Skill Gems” modifier did not apply to Minion Attack skills.
- Fixed a bug where projectiles that killed or destroyed a target would continue travelling (without having any behaviour modifiers that would allow them to do so).
- Fixed a bug that allowed crafting the “Minions have x% increased Movement Speed” modifier onto an item that already had a non-crafted version of that modifier.
- Fixed a bug where Banner Skills were not granting their associated buffs when placed.
- Fixed a bug where ground effects and some Auras were not being applied immediately, but after a short delay.
- Fixed a bug where, when a Minion was both Aggressive and Defensive, it was Defensive. The correct behaviour should be that the minion has default behaviour.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.8.0 where Volatile Dead’s targeting was very indecisive.
- Fixed a bug where Cobra Lash could be supported by Mirage Archer Support. This change does not affect functionality as this interaction did not actually work.
- Fixed a bug where the “Steelskin Buff can take x% increased amount of Damage” enchantment modifier also applied to Bone Armour.
- Fixed a bug where Blink and Mirror Arrow clones could only hit a single enemy per attack, even when firing multiple projectiles.
- Fixed a bug where Double Strike supported by Melee Splash did not play visual effects on hit.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.8.0 where some monsters that used Suicide skills did not play an effect.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.8.0 where the “Your Chaos Damage has 60% chance to Poison Enemies” modifier on The Consuming Dark unique Fiend Dagger did not work.
- Fixed a rare bug where Legion Generals could sometimes be invisible.
- Fixed a bug where Piety could create Burning or Chilling Portals in unwalkable locations.
- Fixed a bug where The Cursed King in the Dark Forest Map could sometimes cast his Wolf Transform skill immediately after finishing his Wolf Barrage skill.
- Fixed a bug where Plague Bearer’s visual effect covered up the effects of Ringmaster Aura Effect.
- Fixed a bug where Celestial Raised Zombies did not submerge after dying.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when using Wave of Conviction supported by Unleash Support.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur with the “Exception Present” error message.
- Fixed a buffer overflow disconnect that could occur at deep Delve depths.
3.8.0e Patch Notes
- Improved the placement of Blight Tower positions such that there are fewer clusters of unused Tower foundations.
- Fixed a bug where Blight Rhoas could become immune to damage if they died while Petrified.
- Fixed a bug where some Echoing Lair and Frigid Recess Delve encounters could not be completed.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.8.0 where The Elder would use his skills far too frequently in the final phase of the encounter.
- Fixed a bug where, when detonating Mines without a valid target (and thus don’t use the skill), they would continue to repeatedly detonate in sequence (and still count towards Mine Detonation Sequence benefits) without destroying the Mines.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when teleporting to party members.
3.8.0d Patch Notes
- Updated the default item filter.
- Orb of Horizons and Harbinger’s Orb are no longer usable on Blighted Maps.
- Lightning and Physical Blight monsters now begin appearing when their corresponding tower type is introduced.
- You can now target your Zombies with Bodyswap when using the unique gloves Aukuna’s Will.
- Summoned Raging Spirits will now correctly prioritise targets if they were summoned while you were targetting a specific monster.
- Skitterbots, when supported by Infernal Legion, now deal damage over time to nearby monsters.
- The Siegebreaker unique belt now correctly causes your Raised Spectres to spread Caustic Ground on Death.
- Fixed a mismatch between the name and description of the Lightning Storm Tower Range ring enchantment.
- Fixed a bug where you could enter some Blighted maps in a location that made the Blight encounter unreachable.
- Fixed a bug where Blighted Maps could sometimes generate more than 20 Blight Portals.
- Fixed a bug where the timer in Blighted Maps remained visible after the Ichor Pump had been destroyed.
- Fixed a bug where the paths from Blight Portals very close to the Ichor Pump could intersect with it earlier than intended.
- Fixed a bug where the Pulsating Grotto, Restless Rubble, Time-Lost Cavern and Haunted Remains Delve encounters could not be completed.
- Fixed a bug where items dropped in a Legion encounter in the Azurite Mine were not the correct item level.
- Fixed a bug where defeating The Elder did not always grant completion towards the “Defeat Elder Guardians and Elder” challenge.
- Fixed a bug where using “Resurrect at Checkpoint” after dying in a Map Labyrinth Trial would not send you to the Trial’s entrance.
- Fixed a bug where you were not always placed at your waypoint location when entering your hideout.
- Fixed a bug where Resonators could be placed in the Currency Stash Tab.
- Fixed a bug where multiple Eternal Labyrinth trials could be found in a single Map if The Dream Trial prophecy had triggered.
- Fixed a bug where, while using Ctrl + Mousewheel to navigate between stash tabs, you would get stuck on a Unique Collection Tab.
- Fixed a client and instance crash that could occur when using Volatile Dead or Venom Gyre.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when using Summon Skitterbots.
3.8.0c Patch Notes
- Fixed some MTX being incorrectly identified as consumable.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when Shield Charge was used in a party.
- Fixed a bug where the Bloodlines and Nemesis Map modifiers were causing the amount of Magic and Rare monsters spawned by Blight Encounters to be far higher than intended.
- Fixed a bug where Delve Encounters which contained Rogue Exiles were not able to be completed.
- Fixed a bug where Raised Spectres were not properly deleted on death.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur during Blight Encounters.
3.8.0b Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug where the client could crash when receiving a linked item in chat while loading into an area.