JULY 20, 2021
SUMMER GAMES 2021
It’s time for the 2021 Summer Games! Get wild with Lúcioball Remix, the craziest version of your favorite ball-based sport. Take on the cutthroat competition of Copa Lúcioball Season 5. Celebrate the summer with legendary skins including Poolside Ashe, Sprinkles Mei, and Mermaid Symmetra. Unlock these and more, along with Summer Games items from previous years!
- Funky Baptiste’s Immortality Field device now resembles a disco ball
- Fixed a bug that resulted in replay lists appearing empty
- Fixed a bug that causes players to receive an error message when whispering between different platforms
- Fixed a bug that caused the text chat scroll bar to not function on console
- Fixed a bug that prevented console players from reporting BattleTags
- [Affected Platforms] Fixed a bug that caused gyro sensitivity to be reduced when playing with PC players
- Fixed a bug with Mei’s Blizzard that allowed it to fall into a small section of collision on King’s Row
- Fixed server load problems that could result from moving players between teams
- Fixed rounding errors that could result in inaccurate coordinates for effect actions that have reevaluation disabled
- Fixed Evaluate Once values not evaluating as expected when part of consecutive Start Camera actions
- Fixed a bug in which Start Damage Over Time was unaffected by Start Damage Modification
- Fixed a bug which caused the Continue action to misbehave if an If action were between it and the enclosing loop
We’re hard at work on an exciting new feature for Workshop users that will be coming in a later patch. In the meantime, a small number of bug fixes found their way into this patch!
JULY 6, 2021
- Backend stability improvements
JULY 1, 2021
- Hitscan damage now scales to 30% at maximum falloff range, down from 50% for the following heroes:
- Soldier: 76
- Wrecking Ball
This change may be difficult to notice immediately as it scales damage over a range slightly more than before, but it will lower the impact of hitscan damage outside of their intended optimal ranges.
We’re making Bastion’s Configuration: Recon weapon more reliable to help strengthen his run-and-gun gameplay when moving between spots he wants to post up with Configuration: Sentry.
- Weapon spread reduced from 1.5 to 1.2
No longer building ultimate charge in the window of time between using Self Destruct and when it detonates is targeted at Echo’s Duplicate ability when copying D.Va. Echo’s accelerated ultimate charge enabled her to have Call Mech available before the Self Destruct explosion went off, making it very difficult for enemies to find a safe place to hide.
- Damage area reduced from 3 to 2.5 meters
- No longer builds ultimate charge while using Self Destruct until after her mech detonates
This will make Tactical Visor effective for more than just the aim assist, which slightly loses some value as player aim improves.
- Damage falloff is disabled while Tactical Visor is active
We’re adjusting Widowmaker’s optimal range to be slightly further out to account for some map locations where counter-sniping was common but just barely outside of the effective range with the damage falloff. For Widowmaker, the sniping damage falloff is mainly in place to restrict the lethality of mid-air grapple shots at the extreme distances possible on some maps.
- Damage falloff range increased from 60-85 to 70-100 meters