Health regen increased. Aatrox no longer heals off damage to non-champions. E no longer stores charges but cools down faster than it previously charged.
E – Umbral Dash
Health regen increased. Q no longer heals. Turrets reveal Akali through Shroud. W cooldown increased late.
Q – Five Point Strike
W – Twilight Shroud
Q base damage decreased late; ratio increased. W damage reduced late, cost increased late.
Q – Noxious Blast
W – Miasma
Health growth and armor increased. Passive stack cap increased; stacks grant attack speed instead of damage; max stack bonus grants damage instead of attack speed. Q bonus minion damage increased. W reduces more physical damage but no longer reduces magic damage.
Passive – Ionian Fervor
Q – Bladesurge
W – Defiant Dance
E – Flawless Duet
Champion First Encounter VO
A Quick Preamble
We’ve got per-item discussion in the sections below, but want to share some broader thoughts for those interested. Last midseason, we made a bunch of marksman item changes to broaden the range of champions and playstyles that could succeed in bot lane beyond late-game crit spam. While non-marksman carries do occasionally show up in bot lane now, crit marksmen were left frustrated by their builds due to things like crit overcapping, anti-synergy between Infinity Edge and Last Whisper, and higher damage tradeoffs than ever for defensive items due to a weaker two-item spike.
This patch, we’re revisiting marksman items with the following goals:
- Crit users are excited about their core build again
- Crit builds are generally more satisfying in normal play (fix the problems mentioned above) without becoming problematic in pro play
- Crit users can fit defense into their core builds if they need it
Once the initial learning curve shakes out, crit users shouldn’t be left remarkably stronger or weaker than before, though they’ll once again spike at two items (Infinity Edge + Zeal item, with Phantom Dancer updated to be an appealing defensive Zeal upgrade) instead of three so their games will feel better. From here, we’ll be following up on significant power shifts on a champ-by-champ basis rather than continuing to adjust the item system (barring any items that end up way out of line).
Increases critical strike damage instead of partially converting crits to true damage. Grants critical strike chance instead of doubling crit chance from other sources.
(Ornn’s Masterwork upgrade)
Now grants critical strike chance. No longer grants mana or Essence Flare.
Spear of Shojin
Grants attack damage, health, cooldown reduction, and Awakened Dragon (renamed Essence Flare).
Now amplifies your Energized effects and causes them to slow the target. No longer grants a guaranteed critical strike after not basic attacking for a few seconds.
Now grants a shield at low health but no longer decreases damage from the last champion you hit. Spectral Waltz now triggers on attack rather than proximity to an enemy champion.
Dying while behind in farm delays how quickly you accrue a minion and monster gold bounty after respawning.
The loading screen’s getting a visual refresh this patch to bring its look and feel in line with current League aesthetics and to lay the groundwork for new features down the road. Here are a few functional changes coming with the update
- Ranked borders now dynamically update to reflect your current rank
- Load-in progress is now tracked via a single bar at the bottom of the screen
- Clicking a player’s card in the loading screen now flips it to show additional info:
- Teammates: Champion mastery, honor, and ranked armor or level border depending on which they’ve chosen to display
- Opponents: Champion mastery and honor
- LeBlanc’s Q – Sigil of Malice and Mimic’d Q – Sigil of Malice mark is no longer consumed when E – Ethereal Chains, Mimic’d E – Ethereal Chains, or Mimic’d Q – Sigil of Malice would proc the mark but are blocked by a spell shield
- Relic Shield no longer reports twice the amount of gold generated from Spoils of War in the post-game screen
- Base Aatrox can once again toggle his banner wings
- Firecracker Vayne Prestige Edition’s E – Condemn projectile color has been slightly changed to disambiguate it from her R – Final Hour basic attacks
- Nightbringer Yasuo’s R – Last Breath voiceover has been restored
- Choosing a new background for your profile once again immediately updates it rather than requiring you to tab out and tab back into your profile