4/27/2022 Swain Hotfix
Mid-scope update, all abilities adjusted.
The Grand General is back and grander than ever. Swain has certainly made a name for himself in bot lane since his last mini rework, but as the commander of the Noxian front lines, he should also be one to strike fear in his solo lane enemies’ hearts. The goal for this midscope update was thus to revive his fantasy as a master strategist and dark, demonic diplomat, rather than someone who must rely on others to execute his plans.
In addition to mana buffs across all his abilities, of note are some changes to his crowd control capabilities. Swain can no longer pull enemies CC’d by allies, but his E now lets him pull everyone he snares, making him all the more terrifying in bottlenecks and narrow corridors. Together, these changes should help Swain players in all roles feel like the ruthless yet tactical ruler he is—especially when he unleashes Demonic Ascension, which now lasts for as long as Swain can sustain himself with his enemies’ souls. Sacrifices must be made.
PASSIVE – RAVENOUS FLOCK
Q – DEATH’S HAND
W – VISION OF EMPIRE
E – NEVERMOVE
R – DEMONIC ASCENSION
R – DEMONFLARE
Passive damage Meep scaling increased. W base maximum heal increased.
The Wandering Caretaker has to do too much caretaking before he gets to do any wandering these days. This should make it easier for him to help his partner out while also incentivizing him to abandon lane roam around the map.
PASSIVE – TRAVELER’S CALL
W – CARETAKER’S SHRINE
R cooldown now decreases with rank.
Ezreal’s been on the fringe of power in both solo queue and competitive play. We’re giving him more access to his ult as the game goes on for those big high moments. Be careful where you recall…
R – TRUESHOT BARRAGE
W healing against champions increased.
Fiddlesticks is often grasping at straws by midgame lately. We’re increasing the scarecrow’s survivability by boosting its(?) W, which becomes less impactful as a defensive tool as the game goes on.
W – BOUNTIFUL HARVEST
W root duration increased; damage reduction against monsters removed. E traps now recharge faster; damage reduction against monsters removed for first trap.
For someone who loves to put on a show, Jhin hasn’t been performing all that well. We’re giving him more power to set the stage, especially when he catches someone stepping out of place. We’re also helping him clear camps faster with his W and E so we can get Jhingle to a 44.44% winrate. 😉
W – DEADLY FLOURISH
E – CAPTIVE AUDIENCE
Passive proc AP ratio increased. W AP ratio decreased. R shield AP ratio increased.
AP Kai’Sa today likes to burst her enemies down by spamming W from afar. (Sorry, ARAM players.) We’re looking to move her away from that pattern and instead play more around single pops of her passive, which should still feel distinct from her AD builds that usually rely on attack speed and repeated passive procs. This should help all of her stats feel rewarding as well as better align her playstyle with her identity, regardless of how she chooses to adapt.
PASSIVE – SECOND SKIN
W – VOID SEEKER
R – KILLER INSTINCT
Q shield AP ratio increased. E AP ratio increased.
Since the nerf on his passive in 11.24b, Kassadin has been noticeably weak. We’re re-emphasizing his strength as the counter-mage mage by buffing his active abilities rather than his always-on passive.
Q – NULL SPHERE
E – FORCE PULSE
Passive move speed increased; now increases at levels 6 and 11.
Mordekaiser has also been struggling to find his footing in top lane, so we’re returning some of the Iron Revenant’s move speed. This should help him stick to his enemies better. Get it? Like a magnet. Okay, we’ll stop.
PASSIVE – DARKNESS RISE
W cooldown reduced. R uncharged knock up duration increased; charged missile speed and knock back distance increased; cooldown refund on cancel decreased.
We’re fortifying both forms of Poppy’s R so they feel more like ultimate-level abilities befitting a hero. More W uptime also means she can better control fights against those darned dashy champions—her number one specialty!
W – STEADFAST PRESENCE
R – KEEPER’S VERDICT
Passive Frost Armor timer now decreases with level.
Sejuani’s strength is supposed to be in her ruthless engage capabilities, but her fearsome entrances are too often thwarted by individual poke or shorter fights later in the game. This should help her and Bristle recover faster and show up in all their Iceborn glory.
PASSIVE – FURY OF THE NORTH
R cooldown reduced.
Sylas has been a bit weak at all levels of play, so it’s time to loosen his chains. Rather than buffing his lane, we’re giving him more access to the most exciting and creative part of his kit, which should also make him better as a counterpick.
R – HIJACK
Q and W AP ratios increased.
Vel’Koz has been pretty weak, so we’re giving him a bigger reward for hitting those calculated skillshots. This should help him “research” his opponents more effectively in mid lane (or steal more kills as a support, hehe).
Q – PLASMA FISSION
W – VOID RIFT
Q base damage decreased late; cooldown increased late.
Xayah’s lethality build has risen to dominance in both Pro and solo queue, and its poke patterns unfortunately don’t offer much counterplay in lane. Since those builds tend to max Q first, we’re hitting its rankup incentives to make lethality Xayah a little less appealing.
Q – DOUBLE DAGGERS
E stun duration increased.
The Magus Ascendant has been descending throughout all of Season 2022. Even though he’s supposed to be at his weakest when his enemies manage to get close, his current stun window is a little too short for him to get a chance at escaping. We’re upping the duration at all distances so that he has an opportunity to get to an optimal range, as well as to make it more satisfying when he snipes from afar.
E – SHOCKING ORB
Q and R mana costs decreased.
Zoe may actually be very very old, but she often doesn’t outgrow mana issues like other mages do. Since she tends to build full damage and doesn’t synergize well with Tear, we’re helping her out by reducing her mana costs. This should especially help her waveclear after lane phase, which requires lots and lots of Qs as the game progresses.
Q – PADDLE STAR
R – PORTAL JUMP
Being able to use Stopwatch in addition to having its terminal items can lead to some pretty jarring game states and all around awkward moments, so we’re removing that optimization.
Like Masterwork Milestones last patch, Showcase Milestones grant bonus rewards for purchasing event capsules, though the Showcase Milestone track can only be completed once. We’ve made significant changes to Showcase Milestones since they were originally announced! Showcase Milestones are now the best way to collect content from new Showcase releases.
We won’t document Showcase Milestone tracks in patch notes moving forward, but since this is the first one it’s worth walking through how the system works. To celebrate the occasion, the rewards for Eclipse Knights are a little sweeter than what future showcases will have on offer.
Prestige Lunar Eclipse Senna
Prestige Lunar Eclipse Senna will be available in the Mythic Shop for 125 ME for the duration of the Eclipse Knights Showcase. (Conveniently, completing the Eclipse 2022 Showcase Milestone track grants 125 ME.) After that, she’ll be unavailable for direct ME purchase but will be added to loot drop and reroll pools without her debut loading screen border.
Adjustments to Masterwork Milestones
Our pre-launch tuning adjustments to Masterwork Milestones slightly undershot longterm Mythic Essence rates. We buffed the final milestone reward a few hours after activation last patch and are documenting it here for visibility.
We’re also shipping a couple more things this patch to make up for missing the mark.
- Nexus turrets with active Objective Bounties will now correctly have bounty healthbar indicators and display bounty information in chat when pinged
- Fixed the bug where Nexus hitboxes were unintentionally larger than they appeared
- Fixed a rare bug that would permanently reduce a turret’s resistances if certain conditions were met when plating fell
- Being in an enemy turret’s range with an enemy Sion, Kog’Maw, or Karthus passive zombie as it dies will no longer make that turret’s aggro switch to you
- Fixed a bug where Pyke, Twitch, Rengar, and Viego would remain revealed for up to a second after getting out of range of whatever revealed their camouflage
- Ghost Poros have been restored and will once again grant normal vision, NOT true sight
- UPDATEDQoL Change: Illaoi’s E – Test of Spirit will now grant assist credit, even if the Vessel does not take any damage
- Fixed a bug where, if you casted Illaoi’s Q – Tentacle Smash during her E – Test of Spirit animation or while she was locked out of her abilities (e.g. in stasis), she would instantly change direction to face your cursor
- Fixed a bug where Vessels spawned from Illaoi’s E – Test of Spirit would be invisible if the tethered champion was camouflaged and being revealed by a control ward
- Fixed some strange Vessel interactions that would sometimes benefit Illaoi’s enemies upon expiring, like healing them if they had Omnivamp… :3
- Fixed a bug where Illaoi’s W – Harsh Lesson-empowered basic attacks would not trigger nearby Tentacles to slam her target if she had an active spell shield
- Fixed the bug where Taliyah would not be able to use her Passive – Rock Surfing for the rest of the game if someone broke her Banshee’s Veil spell shield while she was Rock Surfing again
- Fixed a bug where, if an enemy champion got DUNKED by Sett’s R – The Show Stopper into Tahm Kench’s R – Devour, they would first reappear at the original Devour point before quickly sliding to the actual Regurgitate destination
- Fixed an uncommon bug where Viego could become permanently attached to an ally champion if he possessed Yuumi under certain conditions
- Sona will no longer be able to reset her basic attacks against wards by casting an ability when she has full stacks of Passive – Power Chord
- Fixed a bug where, if Elise casted E – Rappel on herself while an enemy champion was right next to her, she would ascend and immediately descend upon on them despite not having recasted the ability
- Fixed a bug where, if you spammed Pantheon’s Q – Comet Spear or Sett’s E – Facebreaker while the ability was on cooldown, it would sometimes cancel your attacks and movements
- Black Cleaver’s passive interactions have been fixed so that you will correctly gain only one stack of Carve per basic attack, even if you purchased Titanic Hydra first
- Lulu’s interactions with Spellthief’s Edge and Spectral Sickle have been fixed so she will once again receive a stack of Tribute whenever Passive – Help, Pix! damages an enemy champion, too
- Rengar will no longer receive a Navori Quickblades stack upon hitting a plant with a Q – Savagery-empowered basic attack
- Axiom Arc’s passive has been fixed and will correctly grant Tahm Kench partial refunds on his R – Devour for scoring takedowns
- Fixed a bug where Teemo couldn’t gain Manamune stacks if he had ranked up E – Toxic Shot at least once. Unfortunately, this bug did not make Teemo players any less toxic.
- Fixed a bug where the Ornn Masterwork items Caesura and Eternal Winter did not grant the correct amounts of AP
- Fixed a bug where certain skillshots would not play their hit confirmation SFX if they hit a target in Fog of War (e.g. Ahri’s Q – Orb of Deception passthrough sound)
- Nocturne’s R – Paranoia VO volume has been fixed and is no longer much louder than intended
- Ivern and his friends are on speaking terms again (his jungle camp VO lines have been restored)