2/22/2022 Renata Adjustments
Passive – Leverage
W – Bailout
2/17/2022 Draven & Rek’Sai Bugfixes
E base damage reduction increased.
Last patch’s nerfs made our mummy a little too sad. His E passive’s damage reduction is now capped, so we can return some power to the ability by making the baseline stronger.
E – TANTRUM
AD growth decreased. R cooldown no longer decreases with rank.
Dr. Mundo’s been tearing up top lane. We’re pulling some of his baseline offensive power so he has to make better use of his medical kit to successfully sedate his patients.
R – MAXIMUM DOSAGE
Base attack speed increased. W damage ratio increased.
Illaoi hasn’t found her footing yet this season, and the fighter item changes haven’t done the priestess any favors either. She can already hit some wildly high highs, so we’re bolstering her baselines to help her release the kraken.
W – HARSH LESSON
- Fixed a bug where, if Illaoi died right after pulling an enemy’s Spirit with E – Test of Spirit, nearby Tentacles would not attack the Spirit
E on-hit base damage reverted.
Last patch, we tide a small nerf to Nami’s E when we adjusted her passive so that her power would remain at sea level. It turns out she actually sank a bit as a result, so we’re reeling that part of the change back in.
E – TIDECALLER’S BLESSING
Hitbox is now smaller. Q additional bloom base damage increased. W cooldown decreased.
Our curious chameleon has been sitting at a low winrate for quite some time and could use a little love. We’re trimming down her THICC hitbox to match those of similar characters and giving her more access to her tricks. An extra boost to her blossoms should help her waveclear so she can roam to other lanes more using her camouflage, as well as make her combos really pop-blossom off.
Q – BLOOMING BURST
W – SHAPESPLITTER
- NEEKO’S REAL SHO’MAWhen playing as Neeko, your center HUD (i.e. the buff icons above your skills) will now always display your actual buffs, rather than the buffs of the ally you are disguised as if using Passive – Inherent Glamour. Enemies who click on you will still see the buffs of the ally you are disguised as in the target UI at the top of their screen.
NUNU & WILLUMP
Health growth decreased. Q base damage and healing from champions decreased.
Nunu has been playfully toeing the line into OP territory across all brackets for a while now, but this last patch finally broke the ice. We’re bringing him and William Willump back into a more reasonable state by tapping down on their general tankiness rather than detracting from their jungle clear and signature snowy skills.
Q – CONSUME
Passive AD scaling decreased.
The empress continues to be a little too oppressive in higher levels of play, so we’re reducing the AD scaling on her passive to curb her waveclear and snowball potential.
PASSIVE – ROYAL PRIVILEGE
Base armor decreased; armor growth increased. E cooldown increased early.
Veigar is standing head-and-shoulders above the competition. His shadow is especially tall in bot lane, so we’re adjusting his scaling in a way that’ll impact him more in bot lane than in mid.
E – EVENT HORIZON
- Fixed Q – Baleful Strike‘s tooltip to correctly state that last hitting enemy champions grants 1 stack of Phenomenal Evil, not 3
E damage amp based on crit chance increased.
While we’re happy that Xayah has lethality options, they’ve been overshadowing her crit builds. The Rebel’s gameplay is healthier and better suited to her identity when she builds at least some attack speed, so we’re increasing the crit scaling on E – Bladecaller to bring back her fast and furious feathers.
E – BLADECALLER
Uncharged basic attack base damage and AP ratio decreased; damage amp against low-health enemies increased. Charged basic attack slow percentage decreased early and increased late; duration decreased. Q base damage decreased but now also multiplied in crits; excess AS to AD ratio increased. W slow decreased early; cooldown increased early but now decreases with rank. E cooldown decreased. R bonus attack speed no longer increases with rank.
Zeri’s spark still has a bit more shock than she needs, so we’re nerfing her overall power in a way that should hit her bruiser builds harder than her crit builds.
UNCHARGED BASIC ATTACK
CHARGED BASIC ATTACK
Q – BURST FIRE
W – ULTRASHOCK LASER
E – SPARK SURGE
R – LIGHTNING CRASH
- Q – Burst Fire crits will no longer trigger Navori Quickblades’ passive to reduce the cooldown of Q – Burst Fire
- Tear of the Goddess now correctly treats Q – Burst Fire as a basic attack and will no longer grant stacks when it is cast; Zeri’s right-click basic attack will continue to be treated as a spell and trigger Tear stacks
NEWAlly Item Pings Now Available!
You can now display your allies’ item cooldowns and charges in-game by pinging an item’s icon in the “Tab” scoreboard! Item icons in the scoreboard will also have timer VFX to visually indicate their status, similar to those on Summoner Spells.
Buying three Rejuvenation Beads has recently cropped up as a powerful item start strategy. However, it offers weak early game champions a bit too much sustain without asking for enough tradeoffs mid-game. We’re adjusting it to require some more commitment and will look at changing Doran’s items if players struggle to survive, especially in tough solo lanes.
Support Gold Income Items
Spellthief’s Edge, Relic Shield, Steel Shoulderguards, & Spectral Sickle
Recently, there’s been an increase of enchanter support champions in solo lanes who use support gold income items to gain money passively while roaming the map rather than playing in their lane. While we do value creativity in League of Legends, we believe this specific strategy goes over the line for what a healthy amount of early game roaming looks like. It also denies their lane opponents the opportunity to use early-game strengths to build leads during lane phase, which is a core part of each game.
Unrelated to the gold income items above, we’re also shortening the deactivation timers for Objective Bounties to address some extreme swing cases. When an Objective Bounty period ends, the losing team should still be behind, but the lingering duration allowed some cases where a losing team could catapult ahead after claiming multiple bounties in a row.
- UPDATEDIntentional Feeding Detection: A new system for detecting intentional feeding was successfully launched last month! Further enhancements have been made to the detection model’s accuracy to improve the player experience.
- UPDATEDSummoner Icons: You can now sort and search your summoner icons when selecting one to display! Summoner icons now display informational tooltips when you hover over them.
- UPDATEDSummoner Level Icon Borders: You can now select any of the summoner level icon borders you’ve earned so far, rather than just your highest level one. (Your selection will not appear in game loading screens just yet.)
- Fixed a bug where champions would be able to cast some Summoner Spells while traveling through Hextech Gates (including Smite)
- Fixed a bug where Ahri’s Passive – Essence Theft could obtain essence from champion clones
- Fixed a bug where Janna would incorrectly gain E – Eye of the Storm‘s passive heal and shield power boost upon slowing or knocking up enemy champions, even when she hadn’t learned the skill yet
- Fixed a bug where Senna’s R – Dawning Shadow would change direction if you casted it while your cursor was hovering over Senna’s champion icon in your central HUD
- Fixed a bug where you would sometimes still receive some of Death’s Dance’s Ignore Pain’s stored damage, even after triggering Defy with a champion takedown
- Fixed a bug where Yorick’s Maiden of the Mist would get stuck inside structures when walking near them. The Maiden will now be Ghosted and move through structures and units in true ghost-like fashion
- Kai’Sa’s ability tooltips and evolution trackers for her Passive – Second Skin‘s Living Weapon have been fixed and will correctly account for her bonus attack damage and attack speed
- Fixed a bug where, if Zed casted his W – Living Shadow and recasted it while his Q – Razor Shuriken was in flight, both shurikens would launch from Zed’s new position (as opposed to 1 shuriken from each location)
- Fixed a bug where Gangplank would receive a Tear of the Goddess stack upon casting E – Powder Keg
- Fixed a bug where, if Tahm Kench applied three Passive – An Acquired Taste stacks on an enemy champion, he would sometimes still be able to R – Devour them after his stacks expired if he used certain item actives
- Zoe’s W – Spell Thief ability icon will now display the correct damage value for stolen Smites
- Fixed a visual bug where Aphelios’ casting bar would not animate properly when upon activating W – Phase
- Fixed a bug where players would receive an incorrect notification if they tried to change lobbies while in queue
- The SFX that plays when creating a game lobby has been restored
- PsyOps Pyke’s W – Ghostwater Dive SFX that plays for enemies with low health (below his ultimate’s execute threshold) has been adjusted for gameplay clarity
- PROJECT: Jinx’s critical strike hit SFX have been restored
- The debuff VFX on enemies hit by Ahri’s E – Charm have been fully restored
- Teleport and Unleashed Teleport’s tooltips have been fixed and will display accurate cooldown timers
- The information displayed in the Dragon Soul buff’s scoreboard tooltip has been corrected
- Watchful and Vigilant Wardstones’ tooltips have been fixed to display the correct number of wards currently placed
- Smite’s tooltips in Champ Select and Collections have been restored