4/16/2021 Gwen Balance Changes
4/15/2021 Rammus Bugfix
4/13/2021 ARAM VFX Updates
These updates were included in the original patch deploy, but left off of the original Patch 11.8 Notes!
- New missile that should match the hitbox a bit better and be more readable in hectic team fights
- New recast activation VFX on tagged target
- New hit-and-miss VFXs
- New SFX on missed snowball, so you know when you do hit!
- New porosnax icon
- New porosnax missile going from you to the closest poro in an arc, with new and cute SFX!
- Poros now stop and open wide when they see a porosnax coming their way, with hearts on their eyes
- New cute little chomp VFX and SFX when poros receive their porosnax
- New “happy circles” hearts VFXs while poros are happy and fed, with hearts on their eyes while circling around
- Added hearts VFXs that follow a poro forever once it is fed at least once
- New, more ceremonial poro explosion effect once they have been fed ten times and explode in several other poros
- New Relic VFX (the floating cross)
- New pick-up VFX (for the one picking it up)
- New healed VFX (for everyone healed in the area)
- New Respawn effect
- Cleaned up Turret glows and added some subtle falling cold smoke
Passive lethality increased. R main weapon effects strengthened.
Aphelios has been looking pale ever since we nerfed his interaction with Kraken Slayer in 11.2. Given how he’s fallen behind other scaling marksmen, we’re putting more punch into his lethality rank-ups (which have been historically lackluster), along with his weapon effects during his ultimate, to let him reach for the moon.
PASSIVE – THE HITMAN AND THE SEER
R – MOONLIGHT VIGIL
E cost now scales down.
Cass has been coiled up tight with Tear of the Goddess, as she relies on its mana in mid and late game teamfights. This dependence has caused her to suffer both in power and freedom in item diversity, so we’re scaling down her need for it.
E – TWIN FANG
Passive max health regen increased.
At present, jungle Mundo’s been smashing, and top lane Mundo’s been crashing. We’re tackling this by pulling back on his clear speeds, which should slow his roll without stopping our purple friend from cleaving through the jungle. We’re then doctoring up Lane-do by tossing him more regen to make him the meaty meatball of his dreams.
PASSIVE – ADRENALINE RUSH
Q – INFECTED CLEAVER
E – MASOCHISM
W bonus movement speed decreased.
We shubbanuffa’d ourselves by giving Gnar too loose a leash, and now he’s been throwing temper tantrums all over the map. We’re pulling back accordingly.
W – HYPER
Q damage and total damage increased.
LeBlanc is a master trickster known for her ability to bop in, burst down, and bop back out— but as of late, her burst has felt more deceitful than fatal.
Q – SIGIL OF MALICE
E bonus resistances decreased early.
Our lady of clockwork has become the staple mid lane mage in Pro play. Armed with both safe early game laning and strong mid-to-late game teamfight power, she’s a reliable source of utility and damage without much of a tradeoff. To even things out, we’re tapping down her early durability in the early phases of the game.
E – COMMAND: PROTECT
Q base damage decreased later. W now lasts longer with basic attacks. E taunt duration decreased. R updated so that Rammus now soars, slams, slows, and shocks. Ability VFX and SFX updated.
In conjunction with his release in Wild Rift, we’re celebrating Rammus with a mini visual update! Along with new sound and visual effects, we’re armoring this ‘dillo with a new ult that rewards him for going fast and vaulting into enemies to create the perfect impact.
Q – POWERBALL
W – DEFENSIVE BALL CURL
E – FRENZYING TAUNT
R – SOARING SLAM
Base magic resist and magic resist growth decreased. Passive Overheating bonus damage decreased; now scales with target’s maximum health; now grants attack speed. E now reduces the target’s magic resistance.
Although mid Rumble’s been doing well, he’s been feeling rather tepid up in top lane. We like supporting both sides of the yordle, so we’re finding a middle ground in power for both roles by making top Rumble better at beating down tankier targets, while making mid Rumble more vulnerable, particularly when laning against mages.
PASSIVE – JUNKYARD TITAN
E – ELECTRO HARPOON
Q cooldown decreased later.
As a champ who used to rush item components for CDR, but can no longer do so with the new Mythic item structure, Vlad has been thrown for a loop. To compensate, we’re pumping down his cooldown.
Q – TRANSFUSION
Mist Walkers damage decreased. E initial leap damage decreased; now deals increased damage over 8 attacks. Turrets now prioritize minions over the Maiden.
Well, we did it. We woke Yorick up and brought him back to life… and right over the balance line. To mitigate, we’re following up his patch 11.6 buffs by walking back some of his damage—but we don’t want to leave him back in the dirt. So we’re also adding the second part of his intended changes to help his Maiden stay alive. Instead of constantly trying to keep her out of harm’s way, our premier split pusher can now focus on destroying turrets with his minions of the Mist.
PASSIVE – SHEPHERD OF SOULS
E – MOURNING MIST
R – EULOGY OF THE ISLES
W damage increased.
Between last season’s changes to jungle camp health and Bami’s Cinder, Zac lost a lot of his mid-game clear speed. We’re putting the glob back on the job by slinging him more damage, along with a buff for AP bruiser builds.
W – UNSTABLE MATTER
We’re bringing some fringe junglers and popular champions up to actually viable levels in the jungle. While we’ve done passes on a number of these champions before, we’re more confident that these changes will give them safe and competitive clears that should be fun for those itching for a test run.
With Moonstone Renewer as the only Mythic that truly fulfilled enchanter’s dreams, they haven’t had much of a selection to choose from. To expand their horizons and inventories, we’re adjusting the following items to be picked up based on the situation at hand: Moonstone for more heals and shields, and Shurelya’s for more nimble feet and aggressive plays. We don’t want to overload the game with movement speed, so we’re also pivoting Staff of Flowing Water to focus from fast zooms to AP booms.
STAFF OF FLOWING WATER
We set out to make Chemtech Putrifier a more sought after choice for supports by substantially broadening its use cases. First and foremost, we’re making it so you have to target an ally to receive the benefits yourself (much like Ardent Censer and Staff of Flowing Water). The ability to apply it to oneself didn’t seem to have significant power implications, but it did have odd interactions (like with Ravenous Hunter) that were not intended. In addition, we’re giving the item a slight buff because it’s still a bit niche and underperforms compared to other options.
These kicks have become very popular in Pro play, crowding out other footwear options in the jungle. We’re slapping on a higher price tag since their cost is a contributor to an unsustainable jungle meta centered around fast clears and fast ganks at low costs.
Night Harvester tends to be purchased more and performs better than Rocketbelt, even by one of the item’s intended audiences—champions who aim to assassinate single targets. We’re bringing it back into style by sharpening the differences between the two items.
- Purchasing a Mythic item from the All Items view now collapses the Mythic row. You can’t buy another one anyway so we saved you some space!
- Fixed an issue where scaling the HUD could break parts of the shop. (Allan, add a joke about scaling here.)
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes. Now you can lose because of your lane phase rather than the shop.
Get ready to Arise! with your team, because this round of Clash is Shurima themed! The first weekend will be April 17th and 18th, and the second will be May 1st and 2nd. Team formation for the first weekend open on April 12th.
Each season, we add new chromas for Medieval Twitch and Grey Warwick to keep the rewards coming for League’s most sportsmanlike players who reach Honor 5 season after season.
When you open your Honor 5 capsule, you’ll receive one Honor 5 token that can be redeemed for Medieval Twitch, Grey Warwick, one of these new chromas, or a previously-released chroma. You have to own Medieval Twitch or Grey Warwick before you can unlock one of their chromas, but you don’t have to own them both. Honor 5 capsules also contain a random emote or ward skin.
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue where the Social panel would continuously flicker when loading the client
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue where players would not be able to see specific champion stats in their Profile
- Rakan’s E – Battle Dance‘s second cast now properly triggers Summon Aery
- Sion’s R – Unstoppable Onslaught now properly knocks up really big targets
- Corrected Corki’s E – Gatling Gun‘s tooltip to properly match its actual values
- Fixed a bug where Kennen’s W – Electrical Surge SFX would continue to play after cast until his death
- Alistar can now generate E – Trample stacks against Morgana’s E – Black Shield and Malzahar’s Passive – Void Shift
- Fixed a bug where Kindred’s Wolf’s W – Frenzy would not attack the Rift Scuttler if the ability was cast prior to it entering the respective ability area
- Trundle’s W – Frozen Domain now properly increases the healing received from omnivamp
- Fixed a bug where Jarvan IV would be able to leave R – Cataclysm‘s terrain if he activates Stridebreaker and casts the ability simultaneously
- Fixed Orianna’s tooltip which switched the damage and shield values of E – Command: Protect
- Yuumi can no longer activate Moonstone Renewer when casting W2 – Change of Plan repeatedly on an out-of-range ally that is in combat
- Fixed an issue where Ironspike Whip’s, Goredrinker’s, and Stridebreaker’s passives would not remove spell shields from enemy champions
- Fixed a bug where Prowler’s Claw’s Sandswipe passive would still apply damage and its debuff to targets with spell shields
- Knight’s Vow’s Sacrifice passive now properly redirects damage from allied Pledged champions to the user even when they’re untargetable
- When Kayle has Kraken Slayer and uses E – Starfire Spellblade as a third attack, she will now properly deal true damage
- Jayce now properly deals true damage on his third attack (with Kraken Slayer equipped) with Mercury Cannon in all instances, not just when he crits
- Dark Waters Diana’s VO now properly play when she casts Q – Crescent Strike
- Battle Academia Caitlyn’s W – Yordle Snap Trap hit VO now plays from Caitlyn’s location instead of the trap’s location. Her R – Ace in the Hole cast VO also now plays for all enemies and allies.
- Fiora’s R – Grand Challenge VO now plays from her location instead of her target’s location