5/28/2021 Nexus Blitz Balance Changes and Bugfix
5/27/2021 Nautilus Bugfixes
Spider Form on-hit damage ratio decreased.
Elise has had no trouble catching prey across all levels of play for a while now. With patch 11.10’s jungle changes, she’s crawled up and over the line. We’re reinforcing her identity as an early game jungler by curbing her damage in later stages of the game.
Q – PASSIVE – SPIDER QUEEN
Q bonus AD damage ratio increased. E damage ratio increased.
We’re not trying to beat a dead horse, but with our last round of nerfs in 11.9 and the jungle changes, we kind of did. Before, Hecarim was overwhelmingly beefy and speedy, allowing him to charge down enemies unscathed. Now that his beef and speed are in a more reasonable place, we’re upping Hecarim’s damage to keep him feeling happy and hefty when he chooses a fighter items.
Q – RAMPAGE
E – DEVASTATING CHARGE
Q damage ratio decreased.
Yi’s Mythic of choice is often Duskblade, which gears his playstyle to focus on Q damage and resets. Although Duskblade makes sense in certain situations, it can lead to low-counterplay gameplay that orients him away from what he does best—slicing down foes with basic attacks—so we’re shifting power around to buff those builds.
Q – ALPHA STRIKE
E – WUJU STYLE
W damage against non-epic monsters decreased.
Our buffs to jungle Morg in 11.8 were intended to shine a spotlight on her ability to jungle. Instead, it propelled Morgana to be more successful in the jungle than in her primary roles, so we’re adjusting accordingly.
W – TORMENTED SHADOW
W bonus movement speed decreased.
Qiyana boasts a lot of things, and one of them is her early roaming potential. This has caused her to have an oppressive presence in Elite play for a while now, so we’re looking to take her down from her perch by tapping the brakes.
W – TERRASHAPE
Passive on-hit damage cap against monsters decreased.
There’s been a-rumbling and a-grumbling in the jungle that a yordle has been a-blazing through Gromps and Bramblebacks galore. To cool his jets, we’re toning down his single-target damage to monsters.
PASSIVE – JUNKYARD TITAN
Base health growth increased.
With the preseason item changes (aka losing Rod of Ages and Seraph’s Embrace’s shield) and patch 11.10’s nerf to Phase Rush, Ryze lost movement speed and health, leaving him feeling blue. We’re padding up his defenses to put some color back in his cheeks.
Passive bonus attack range decreased. Q now scales with lethality. E now scales with AP when camouflaged. R damage ratio increased.
Frostfire Gauntlet has become Senna’s dominant support build, boosting both her win and play rate. While tank Senna can be fun, it currently overshadows other item options and writes off her primary weakness as a squishy carry. To mitigate, we’re bringing more power back to support builds where she’s historically had success (lethality and AP), and tapping down Frostfire.
We’re also taking this opportunity to slow down some of her range growth, which has been scaling a lot faster with the buff to her Mist in 11.2. Altogether, these changes should empower Senna to build items that better fit her identity as a powerful glass cannon.
PASSIVE – ABSOLUTION
E – CURSE OF THE BLACK MIST
R – DAWNING SHADOW
W base self and ally shields increased.
We’re buffing mid lane Seraphine’s performance by making her shielding per level more powerful, especially at higher levels. This should continue empowering Seraphine as a solo star.
W – SURROUND SOUND
W damage ratio decreased. E AP damage ratio decreased.
AD Shaco’s in a good spot, but his AP jungle and support builds are significantly stronger and need to be cranked back a bit.
W – JACK IN THE BOX
E – TWO-SHIV POISON
W modified damage ratio decreased later.
Urgot’s been drilling through entire enemy teams in Average levels of play. We’re targeting his sustained damage after laning phase so he’s slightly less effective at purging his foes.
W – PURGE
Top Lane Tank Items
We want players to feel empowered to make meaningful item choices each game. Right now, there are two trends that are limiting early game decision-making for tanks in top lane: purchasing Thornmail as a second item, and purchasing Bramble Vest without completing Thornmail. This routine highlights the problem of Bramble Vest and Thornmail being used as generalist items, rather than their intended purpose of being picked up to face high-healing enemies. These changes are intended to give these items more clearly defined roles in the power they provide for top lane tanks.
One more thing: You may notice that we gave Frozen Heart a less generic stat line than other tank items. This is intentional, since it has other unique outputs. We’re also giving it a larger base value on Rock Solid than other items since it has less innate max health scaling. Altogether, it remains a source of high ability haste and mana, and is now clearly an anti-attacker item.
Sunderer has been feeling more mediocre than divine. Fighters are finding more success with Trinity Force and tank Mythics, so we’re giving Sunderer a much needed bump up.
As mentioned above, we’re tapping down Senna’s favorite Mythic. Ranged users can more easily and repeatedly land Frostfire’s slow, so we’re bringing down its power for them slightly.
RIMEFORGED GRASP (ORNN UPGRADE)
STAFF OF FLOWING WATER
Staff of Flowing Water’s 11.8 nerf left it in a weak state in comparison to its competitors, and it could use some oomph. We’re putting power into its shared AP buff to ensure that it’s succeeding in situations where it’s the right item for the job (you know, when you actually have a strong AP teammate to buff).
While Serpent’s Fang’s primary users are physical assassins, its power for ranged users feels underwhelming. We’re reducing the gap between melee and ranged shield reduction to make it an option for countering high-shield enemies, even without assassins on your side.
We’re reshaping the Wardstone line to fit more as a capstone support item, similar to Rabadon’s Deathcap, Infinity Edge, and Gargoyle Stoneplate (all of which are stronger after you pick up a few other items). We’re also streamlining the purchase path to be a one-stop-shop like Manamune and Archangel’s Staff, instead of having to repeatedly upgrade it.
- The build tree has been upgraded to put some respect on the final item (it’s larger) as well as accommodate taller trees (looking at you Ornn)
- Chad Mythic items with an active now have their own special Mythic active border to differentiate them from the plebeian normal active items
- Mythic item borders now show up in the scoreboard so you can easily identify why Jhin has a dash
- The builds-into dropdown gained some smarts and can resize based on its content
- Emberknife and Hailblade now appear in the Starting Items section of the support tab if you load in with Smite (sorry about that, Ivern!)
- LOOT TEEMO/VEIGAR FIRST EVENT CHANCE 13% ⇒ 9%
- Elder Dragon can no longer appear as a first reward
- Rift Scuttler now uses the same shield mechanic as in Summoner’s Rift
- RIFT SCUTTLER BASE HEALTH 3000 ⇒ 2800
- RIFT SCUTTLER BASE ARMOR AND MR 60 ⇒ 20
- Smite now matches Summoner’s Rift’s values (starts at 450 damage, upgrades to 900)
- Adjusted the factors that weighed into event advantages to the losing team. Not only will it take into consideration the gold discrepancy, but the formula will also consider level differences between the two teams.
- DPS CHECK DUMMY HEALTH 5000 (+90 health per level, +15 health per second until 6 minutes, then +30 health per second after) ⇒ 1000 (+90 health per level, +2 health per second until 6 minutes, then +4 health per second after)
- Damage that would kill the DPS Check dummy now puts it at 1 health
- ON FIRE MOVEMENT SPEED TOWARDS ENEMIES FACING ANGLE 180° ⇒ 130°
- Ahri’s E – Charm no longer causes jungle monsters’ health to regenerate if used out of combat
- Updated Base Karma’s Q and E VFX to improve color range and reduce noise
- Hitting Hextech Malzahar or Tyrant Swain will trigger more metallic sounds
- Fixed an SFX bug where the initial portion of Worldbreaker Malzahar’s Q – Call of the Void couldn’t be heard if he casts the ability from Fog of War
- Fixed an SFX bug for Crystal Rose Swain, where if Swain used R – Demonflare and started draining a target’s soul, the target would NOT hear the stereo whisper SFX or the soul drain start SFX
- Open Shop voice lines are once again available for champions and skins that have them
- Updated Taliyah’s Close Shop VO to her Open Shop VO
- Lux’s R – Final Spark VO will once again play
- Fixed a bug where Xin Zhao’s E – Audacious Charge would go on cooldown and use mana despite it not being actually activated when trying to cast it on an enemy outside of its range and recasting it afterwards without a target
- Rammus’ R – Soaring Slam no longer deals its damage instantly when cast at point zero
- Alistar’s Q – Pulverize no longer grants a stack of Passive – Triumphant Roar when used on a spell-shielded target
- Kassadin can no longer trigger Electrocute by only hitting a champion with two separate attacks