Spirit Blossom Thresh, Spirit Blossom Vayne, Spirit Blossom Yasuo, Spirit Blossom Lillia, Spirit Blossom Teemo, and Spirit Blossom Teemo Prestige Edition will be available on July 22nd, 2020.
With the introduction of Clash and its unrestricted rank system for full teams of 5, we’ve decided to apply the same approach to Ranked Flex queues, allowing players to get in ranked games with their Bronze buddies, Challenger chums, or whoever!
Similar to Clash, the system will use a weighted average that leans more towards higher skill players, so be warned before attempting to drag your Bronze friends through Diamond-level games. Have fun!
The Bashful Bloom
Lillia prances into action in patch 10.15!
High-res versions of Lillia’s splashes are available on League Displays!
Q sentry activation radius decreased; sentry activation time increased. Q Runaan’s bolt pass-through effect removed; Infernum critical AoE splash missile count decreased; Infernum Runaan’s AoE splash missile count decreased; Infernum critical Runaan’s AoE splash missile count reduced; Infernum Runaan’s AoE splash missiles size reduced.
Lowering Crescendum turret’s attack range so it provides less zone control, and slowing down its target acquisition speed so opponents can reactively play around it. The rest of the changes are aimed towards weakening Infernum’s synergy with Runaan’s Hurricane.
Q – CRESCENDUM, THE CHAKRAM
Q – INFERNUM, THE FLAMETHROWER
R – MOONLIGHT VIGIL
Base attack damage and movement speed increased.
Caitlyn has been out of the meta in Pro play for a very long time, and we expect her to be a reasonable fit with and against certain meta compositions. These changes should help bring her back as one of the premier early game marksmen.
W healing from minions reduced.
Tank Fiddle has been spooking opponents top lane, outperforming other builds (specifically AP Fiddle), and frustrating players who run into it. We don’t want to terrify the tank off the scarecrow, but with Jungle Fiddle being in a good spot, we’re hoping these changes will encourage players to indulge in the bounty of Fiddle as a mage, first and foremost.
W – BOUNTIFUL HARVEST
W damage ratio increased. R damage ratio increased.
Aiming to rouse this liquor connoisseur to step into his role as an AP mage who can both engage fights and burst down enemies, so we’re sharpening his late-game damage.
W – DRUNKEN RAGE
R – EXPLOSIVE CASK
Passive bonus attack speed per stack increased later.
Our bladed dancer has been falling off in extended games at all levels of play, especially in Average MMR. Cautiously strengthening her scaling and dueling potential to help bridge the gap between laning phase to mid game.
PASSIVE – IONIAN FERVOR
W cooldown increased.
We can’t turn a blind eye to the fact that Lee has been a consistent threat in Elite and Pro play, so we’re increasing the cooldown on one of Lee’s more reliable spells to curb his mobility and sustain throughout the game.
W – SAFEGUARD
Base armor decreased.
Slightly taming the fire on this forger so that his enemies have more opportunities to trade back.
Passive cooldown decreased later and now scales per level, capping at level 18.
We’re making Rakan’s progression across the course of a game feel smoother. This is a quality-of-life change that is also a very minor buff for this saucy showman.
PASSIVE – FEY FEATHERS
Passive shield value increased.
We’re bringing some power into Shen’s shield to let him scrap with meta peers more effectively, while giving him more breathing room in lane. We’re hoping this will stir up some diversity in the top lane and overall team compositions with the introduction of a second tank to the meta.
PASSIVE – KI BARRIER
Q damage ratio and bonus damage ratio now scales with target’s maximum health; buff duration increased, cost increased and now flat.
We’re increasing the scorpion’s damage so he’s more equipped to slash through front line targets when itemizing as a bruiser (and a stinger, of course). As another flourish, we’re also making a quality-of-life change to his E.
Q – CRYSTAL SLASH
E – FRACTURE
Base movement speed decreased. Passive cooldown decreased and now scales with cooldown reduction; no longer restores mana. Fixed a bug where Swain could pull enemies launched by Blast Cones. Q cooldown decreased; bolt angle decreased; now passes through enemies. W range increased; damage decreased; cost decreased later. E cooldown decreased; cost decreased and now flat.
The general and his demon birds are performing fine in Average play, but they do worse the further up the ladder you climb. This is a pretty lengthy refresh, with a mix of buffs and nerfs, so we want to take the time to run through it.
Let’s start with the spice and everything nice: Most notably, we’re significantly increasing his W range (more than double when maxed!). We think this change will be particularly transformative for Skilled Swain players who will be able to impact other lanes from a distance all game long. In addition, we’re also bumping down the cooldown on his Q to help him fulfill his battle-mage fantasy with more casts.
As for the nerfs: to balance out the buffs, we’re pulling back on his movement speed. We’ve also removed his mana restore to skew power away from Swains in low Elo who can profit off of fewer skills dodged, when the reverse happens in higher Elos.
Overall, we’re hoping these buffs will empower Skilled players in both mid and support, with sweeping changes across the board to give him the tools he needs to feel like a more functional mid laner.
PASSIVE – RAVENOUS FLOCK
Q – DEATH’S HAND
W – VISION OF EMPIRE
E – NEVERMOVE
W cooldown increased later.
We’re hooking some power out of Thresh’s lantern, since pros tend to max this spell earlier than the average player.
W – DARK PASSAGE
W cooldown increased early and now scales.
Twisted Fate has been able to consistently reach an intimidating state where he can balance both split-pushing and global pressure in Pro and Elite play. As a result, we’re reducing his lane pressure and wave control in earlier phases of the game so that he’ll have to gamble more when picking a card (and a lane!).
W – PICK A CARD
Passive mana restore value decreased; now scales with maximum mana and champion level; cooldown decreased.
Yuumi was mush, mushed! by her E mana cost nerf in 10.13, so we’re here to follow up (and give her all the chin scratches in the process). As we mentioned in this article, we’re making her passive more important to her success in a way where she’ll need to take more risks if she wants to provide more sustain.
PASSIVE – BOP ‘N’ BLOCK
Similar to the previous VFX updates we’ve made in the past (Ziggs, Thresh, Lux, etc.), we’re working on updates to some champion ability VFX. Our aim is to get their VFX up to current League standards and improve gameplay clarity. In this patch, we’ll be releasing a VFX update for Ahri and Udyr!
As a reminder, VFX updates don’t impact who gets a VGU, where we take model, gameplay, and thematic into account too. They are simply dev passion projects.
Spellthief’s line of items is being overshadowed by the Relic Shield line for AP users, especially enchanters. While it’s fine if they’re competitive options, the more defensive option should not always be the dominant choice.
Shard of True Ice
Unsealed Spellbook has become a dominant choice at the highest tiers of play (Pro and Elite) and often encourages minimal interactions early game. We’re reducing its power a bit so it doesn’t outshine other options.
Nexus Blitz returns with the Spirit Blossom event, now permanently set in the Temple of Lily and Lotus, a long-forgotten temple of the Canghapi vastaya! We’ve got a whole slew of events, from old favorites to brand new ones, along with new rewards, bug fixes, and quality-of-life changes.
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue with the social panel not appearing in the client
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue where the home screen was not rendering after completing a game
- Arcansist Kog’Maw’s W – Void Ooze VFX now aligns with when it actually deals damage to the enemy units
- Jhin now properly respawns with his full Passive – Whisper ammunition
- Annie no longer loses her Passive – Pyromania stacks upon revival if she’s at full stacks
- Elise’s Spiderlings’ basic attacks now properly benefit from any adaptive force Elise gains from runes
- Karthus’ W – Wall of Pain spawns properly even when cast at 0 range
- Yorick’s Maiden of the Mist, Ivern’s Daisy, Elise’s Spiderlings, Malzahar’s Voidlings, and Heimerdinger’s Q – H-28 G Evolution Turret now properly proc Manaflow Band
- After countering a hard CC ability, Pulsefire Fiora’s W – Riposte ground indicator no longer disappears
- Renekton now properly gains increased passive Rage generation as well as Rage gained from casting R – Dominus when below 50% of his maximum health
- When Riven is at three stacks with Passive – Runic Blade, the duration now properly resets when one is used
- Dead Kindred and Syndra no longer provide vision to their team
- Item VFX are no longer visible on Neeko’s disguised clone
- Aatrox’s R – World Ender now properly Fears and stops Zyra’s enraged Thorn Splitters
- Nunu & Willump no longer get more movement speed than intended by eating a Honey Fruit right before casting W – Biggest Snowball Ever!
- Nidalee’s Passive – Prowl loop SFX is now restored to base and all skins
- Nidalee’s R – Aspect of the Cougar vocalization when transforming from Cougar to Human is now restored
- Dawnbringer Nidalee’s Recall will no longer play her Q – Javelin Toss hit sound during the ground hit moment. In Cougar, her E – Swipe vocalization will now properly play.
- Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol’s dance loop SFX now no longer continues to play if the animation is interrupted
- Fixed a bug where Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol’s E – Comet of Legend loop SFX would continue to play endlessly if the player disconnected and reconnected before Aurelion Sol lands
- Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol’s sound that plays when he stuns an enemy with his Q – Starsurge is now restored
- The sound that plays when Mecha Aurelion Sol slows an enemy after being hit by his R – Voice of Light is now restored
- Elise’s Spiderlings now properly play death sounds
- Super Galaxy Elise’s dance SFX for both Human and Spider forms now loop properly
The following skins will be released in this patch. Grab the League Displays app for full-res splash art!
Spirit Blossom Thresh
Spirit Blossom Vayne
Spirit Blossom Yasuo
Spirit Blossom Lillia
Spirit Blossom Teemo
Spirit Blossom Teemo Prestige Edition
The following chromas will be released this patch:
Spirit Blossom Thresh
Spirit Blossom Vayne
Spirit Blossom Yasuo