Developers said that with Imperator: Rome, a project very close to our hearts, now released and finally in the hands of our awesome community (that’s you!), we have been taking the time to look at the feedback you’ve provided. As always, we pride ourselves on the continued support of our games and by no means will Imperator be different.
We are working towards releasing a 1.0.1 patch early next week, which we’re calling ‘Demetrius’. This patch will improve the AI, fix compatibility issues, game crashes, some multiplayer out-of-syncs, and will also contain some performance improvements.
At the same time, we have been looking at all the feedback from play-testing, our Twitch and YouTube communities, and the press for the past month and a half as we prepared for release. Now we are adding all of your feedback from Steam, the forums, and social media to that! With it, we have begun developing a major patch which is aimed for release in June.
This 1.1 patch is nicknamed ‘Pompey’ internally. We will go into more detail with upcoming development diaries before it’s released. Pompey will cover the following topics:
Balancing of Technology Progress, Mercenaries, Shattered Retreat, Truce Breaking, Assassinations, Governors, War Exhaustion, and Legitimacy.
- Improving the mechanics for Population Growth, Stability, and Barbarians.
- Tweaks to Civil War mechanics, with new power-base mechanics.
- Naval rework, with Naval Combat mechanics and multiple ship types, as well as navigable major rivers.
- Deeper Holding mechanics for characters, where you can give characters holdings and they can purchase new ones as they grow in wealth.
- More character interactions.
- New Piracy mechanics.
- Redesigning of functionality where instead of spending power for an instant result, you now spend power to nudge it towards that result over time.
- Better abilities to play tall, including centralising trade, impacting specific cities, etc.
- Tribes being able to decide what units their retinues should have.
- Dual Ruler mechanics for Roman Republic, and Consorts for Monarchies.
- Government Abilities for all government categories.
- ‘Quality of Life’ features like viewing all characters in a foreign country, new alerts, road building being a continuous action, and more.
- Adding of features from previous PDS games like moving capitals and regnal numbers on monarchs
- Much more modding support.
Whilst we have already started towards patch 1.1, we will continue to look at fixing any major issues that come up between now and then as well.