ARMORED BATTLE BUS
What do you get when you combine an armored battle bus, tilted towers, and a prop mover device? Guess we’ll find out soon! For maximum ramming strength, the Armored Battle Bus and the Cow Catcher gadgets will be offered with 20.30.
ISLAND TEMPLATE UPDATES
A series of preset music videos can be broadcast using the Video Player device (formerly known as Llamatron), which was made available in version 20.20. To help you create a fantastic experience with the gadget, there is now a new template called “Music Experience Island.”
The outdated Zone Wars Template Island has been revised to comply with the new standard and newly available gadgets that have been made since the template was first made. Billboards describing the new gadgets and the construction of the island are also part of the update!
PLAYER REFERENCE DEVICE UPDATE
20.30 introduces a new Hub layout more focused on providing you a place to showcase your artistic skills.
There will be one Creator Showcase map chosen by the hub creator, four vacant rifts so you can keep experimenting and playing in private parties. Hubs will no longer be available for one week, but for two starting in July.
In v20.30 all Shotguns have undergone a damage balance update across Fortnite.
These changes will increase the damage for most shots and headshots. All Shotguns have also been given a “max damage cap”, affecting the maximum damage a single shot can deal. Please note with this cap update, alongside other adjustments, all Shotguns except the Legendary Dragon’s Breath Shotgun will no longer deal over 200 damage in one shot.
Specifically, in Fortnite Creative:
- Minimum pellet-hit count increased from 3 to 4 for the Striker Pump Shotgun, Auto Shotgun, and Drum Shotgun.
- Striker Pump Shotgun and Auto Shotgun pellet damage and headshot damage increased.
- Ranger Shotgun and Drum Shotgun headshot damage greatly increased, but no change to base pellet damage.
- Drum Shotgun damage falloff adjusted, shortening effective range.
- Charge Shotgun pellet damage decreased while the headshot damage increased.
- Heavy Shotgun pellet damage increased.
- Headshot damage increased for the following: Lever Action Shotgun, Makeshift Shotgun
- Pellet damage and headshot damage increased for the following: Pump Shotgun, Primal Shotgun, Tactical Shotgun, Dragon’s Breath Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, Double Barrel Shotgun
Other Updates and changes
- A ‘Browse’ tab has been added next to Discover! This menu is broken up into categories (such as Action, Casual, and Combat), making it easier for players to find new games in the genres they love as well as giving Creators the possibility of having their Islands surfaced to more players, more easily!
- New Rocks, Skull and Mountains Galleries.
- Sprinting, Overshield, Mantling & Shoulder Bash can now be turned on or off for specific teams & classes.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed an issue where some props in the Agency Upper and Lower prefabs were showing as blank tiles.
- Consumables Updates
- Fixed an issue where players were spawning in the sky due to certain spawn pad settings.
- Fixed an issue where the Prop Mover wouldn’t attach to glass props.
- Fixed an issue where Prop Mover props that had changed direction multiple times in a match would stop moving.
- Fixed an issue where the Skydive Volume would not remove flight when switching teams.
- Fixed an issue where the Pop-up Dialog device would fail to pop up on the screen for players in matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue where the VFX Creator would apply incorrect colors when enabled.
- Fixed an issue where some trap devices were behaving incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the thermometer HUD wasn’t always displayed when entering an empty island.
- Fixed an issue where outdated maps had no indication, they couldn’t be matchmade into. Now when entering an outdated map, the following message will be displayed “The Island Code you entered is invalid”.
- Fixed an issue where several template islands displayed an error message and could not be entered.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to mantle in islands despite the setting being turned off.
- Fixed an issue where a Tracker would display and count the wrong value when completed and the user restarts the game.
- Fixed an issue where players would be eliminated when driving across a barrier used as a platform.
- Addressed an issue where memory was spiking for certain islands.