REMOVED GAME MODE SELECT SCREEN
Players could choose between Save the World, Battle Royale, or Creative on the game’s initial selection screen, which was deleted from PlayStation, Xbox, and PC versions of the game. Now that you’re booted up, you’ll be in the Lobby, prepared to join the fun and discover Fortnite!
In what ways does this affect Creative? Now, you may locate Creative by going to the “Discover” page by selecting “CHANGE” from the menu that appears above “PLAY”! Read the blog entry titled Load into the Lobby in Fortnite: Game Mode Select Screen Removed.
FIRE VOLUME DEVICE
You requested additional control over the flames with the release of Fire into Creative in the v19.20 update; the first version of that is now available with the release of the Fire Volume. With the Fire Volume, you can locally change the island’s default fire settings and use Channels to start or put out flames inside the volume.
PROP MANIPULATOR – RESOURCE NODE UPDATE
The Prop Manipulator now has new features that let you use any prop as a resource node for any kind of resource. You have the opportunity to add your own things to the device as well as select the kind of resource to be granted when the prop is hit.
HUD CONTROLLER UPDATE
With the addition of Team and Class support to the HUD controller, you can now design unique HUD setups for each Team and Class, which is perfect for asymmetric game variants or contextual HUD layouts. Want to make the HUD invisible for players only in that area? Now you may assign a specific Class to everyone in the vicinity and alter the HUD only for them, with no impact on the other players.
TELEPORTER LINKING UPDATE
Now that teleporters may connect to one another, two-way travel is possible. This can be used in conjunction with randomly generated teleport targets to produce a map layout that changes randomly the first time a player uses a teleporter but stays the same for the duration of the game (or until the link is broken via Channels).
OTHER FEATURE UPDATES
- Class support has been added to the Beacon device.
- Added Old Cartoon filter to the My Island Camera Filter settings.
PREFAB & GALLERY UPDATES
- Added the Resources Gallery – A variety of new STW props that work nicely with some of the Consumable Resources.
- Added some new basketball assets to the Sports Gallery.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed some collision issues with assets in the Elemental Cube Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with football goals spawning when destroying the sports fields from the Sports Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with the ivy, from Princess Castle Tower prefab, giving the wrong resource materials.
- Fixed an issue with planter props, from The Sanctuary set, with giving no resource materials.
- Added some New Consumables to coincide with the New Resources Gallery.
- Rainbow Crystal
- Vindertech Mechanical Parts
- Blue Mushroom
- Pink Mushroom
- Red Mushroom
- White Mushroom
- Yellow Mushroom
- Spectrolite Ore
- Spectral Twine
- Tracker Device
- Previously if you attempted to add multiplayer players to the tracker simultaneously, only one would get added. This has been fixed.
- Previously if the tracker goal was reduced, non-instigator players would not be checked to see if they were at the new goal. This has been fixed.
- Conditional Button
- Fixed an issue where the conditional button would not reset if its requirements were only partially completed
- Barrier Device
- Enabling the Barrier while standing inside will no longer push the player under the map
- Prop Manipulator
- Pre Game Only is no longer an available option
- Resource Depletion transmit on will now transmit correctly
- Skydive Volume
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the Skydive Volume ‘Lock Affected Players in Volume’ set to ‘Yes’ would not apply correctly if the launch velocity was too high
- . Fire will now spread correctly on the grass of the Tropical Island
- In some cases creative islands could fail to load after entering island rift in Creative HUB
- Players wearing the bush disguise will take explosive damage
- Fixed an issue where Item Granter and Switch Persistence options do not activate “Clear All Player’s Data” option when publishing
- Updated some of the icons for Devices:
- Customizable Lighting
- DBNO Device
- Elimination Manager
- HUD Controller
- Race Manager
- Race Checkpoint
- Save Point
- Fixed an issue where the Galleries tab was appearing ahead of the Prefabs tab.