WINTERFEST 2019 BEGINS
Tis the freez-on!
Welcome to Winterfest. Throughout the holiday season, we’re getting festive with free gifts, new Challenges, and more.
WINTERFEST PRESENTS… PRESENTS
Drop in the in-game lobby to see a brand new snowflake tab. By clicking on it, you’ll be taken to the Winterfest Lodge.
Every day for 14 days, you may unwrap a new Present at the Lodge. Inside are two Outfits, two Gliders, two Pickaxes, two Wraps, one Emote, and more — all exclusive to this years’ Winterfest!
You might be wondering: how do I get all the things? Just prepare your shaking and guessing skills — the Presents are free for everyone to open. The Lodge is full of Presents, and each day you can return and unwrap a new one. If you miss any days, simply come back before January 7 to open them up.
CHECK YOUR STOCKING FOR WINTERFEST CHALLENGES
Don’t forget the stocking stuffers! Hanging on the fireplace of the Winterfest Lodge is a stocking full of more rewards to unlock. Check your stocking each day to get a new Challenge that you can complete for rewards and XP. And as with the Presents, don’t worry if you miss a day — visit the stocking before January 7 and grab all the goodies waiting for you.
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS: UNVAULTED WEAPONS AND RETURNING LTMS
If you’re feeling nostalgic this holiday season, no need to sit and reminisce: we’re unvaulting lots of weapons during Winterfest! Also, each day from December 18 to January 2, you’ll be greeted with some of your favorite LTMs, including Wick’s Bounty, Arsenal, and more. Plus, Zone Wars will be running throughout the holidays!
v11.31 is live for Battle Royale and includes the following changes:
- Introducing Battle Lab:
- Jump into your own Battle Royale island and set the rules! Select from favorite LTM loot pools, set up combat scenarios with the new Bot Grenades, and create your own mode by setting options like gravity and fall damage.
- Fill your game with up to 15 friends on your own island, or matchmake with default options in a public Battle Lab.
- New home for Playground:
- Looking for Playground? We’ve incorporated Playground under Creative. Play Creative maps with others by queuing for Creative and choosing “Play” instead of “Create.”
We have temporarily disabled the DirectX 12 beta. Thank you for participating — we’ve gained valuable information. We’re going to make some improvements and re-open the doors in early 2020.
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- The Fire/Build button on mobile devices is no longer unavailable when the Glider Redeploy button is shown.
- Resolved an issue involving players being unable to exit the HUD Layout Tool on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving being able to see the Edit option on enemy walls.
- The “Eliminations without aiming down sights” Dive! Challenge is now tracking progress properly.
- Resolved an issue involving the “Join Party” option through “Joinable Parties” not working on controller.
- The Item Shop countdown timer no longer appears out of sync for different players.
- Resolved stability issues.