Update 2 for DOOM Eternal is now live, and features a new BATTLEMODE map Torment, more frequent Empowered Demons, campaign & BATTLEMODE quality-of-life improvements, fixes and more!
Note from the Devs:
For the benefit of everybody at id, I need to thank our unimaginable network of players for the time and energy you’ve just put resources into DOOM Eternal. As usual, your recordings, examination, criticism and ability keep on motivating us. Thinking back to prior this year, I could never have accepted our group would go through the initial three months after dispatch working totally from our homes, however I’m energized by all that is being cultivated under these unordinary conditions.
This Update 2 conveys various significant increments, fixes and upgrades. To begin with, we’re excited to discharge an absolutely new BATTLEMODE map, called Torment. It’s as of now become a most loved of the group at id and we can hardly wait to watch BATTLEMODE players adjust their aptitudes and techniques for this mind boggling new space. Likewise outstanding for BATTLEMODE, we’ve added the capacity to arrangement remarkable keybinds per devil, improved the convenience of the Boosters menu, and made extra upgrades to address dormancy issues.
Outside of BATTLEMODE, different features incorporate an update to engaged evil presences that guarantees they show up more much of the time all through the crusade. We’ve likewise incorporated various upgrades to make the customization menus simpler to utilize, including another “top choice” highlight for customization things, just as the capacity to recognize the set any given customization thing starts from.
These are only a couple of the numerous highlights, upgrades and fixes remembered for Update 2, so please look at the total rundown of changes in the discharge notes.
Notwithstanding the ongoing game updates, our group is likewise working diligently on two crusade DLCs, Invasion Mode, new Master Level encounters, extra BATTLEMODE refreshes, and the Nintendo Switch variant nearby our skilled accomplices at Panic Button. We can hardly wait to impart more subtleties to you about each of these in the months ahead. Much obliged to all of you again for your help and excitement.
-Marty Stratton, Executive Producer
New BATTLEMODE Arena: Torment
Torment is an all new BATTLEMODE Arena available now. The UAC fled this outpost after the Slayer prevented Hell’s invasion of Earth. The Titans, once used as research specimens, remain eternal prisoners of this unholy excavation.
CASTLE GRAYSCALE MINI-EVENT IS NOW LIVE featuring the Black & White Pain Elemental, Mancubus, the “Old Timey Evil” GIBBO Collectibles mascot icon and so much more! For full details click here.
HACK TO THE FUTURE II EVENT COMING SOON featuring the literal blast from the past Retro Revenant Master Collection. His new podium goes from Classic, featuring some tried and true retro textures, to the ultimate display of 2D sprite flexing IDKFA podium to flaunt your love for the classics. When this baby hits 88 frames per second, you’re gonna see some serious sh*t! For full details click here.
New Game Improvements for ALL platforms
Even More Empowered Demons will be busting into your campaign for an added challenge! These buffed baddies have more health and will take more firepower to take down, but will also yield more armor & ammo when killed. Toggle Empowered Demons ON/OFF in the Game tab of the Main Menu Options.
Note: They will no longer carry player names of fallen Slayers over their heads, only their demon names.
BATTLEMODE Latency Improvements We made a number of improvements to address latency issues in BATTLEMODE to ensure better matches. This is part of our ongoing latency improvements that we plan to support in more updates.
Boosters Menu Improvements We have made it easier than ever to both view and claim XP through several changes made to the Boosters menu. Make sure to always have three players selected at all times to maxamize the amount of free XP you can passively earn through their playing campaign and BATTLEMODE. Keep in mind you can switch which players to elect to be your active Boosters roster at any time in the Boosters menu.
Photo Mode Improvements In this Update we equipped The Slayer with a nice beefy lighting overhaul when in Photo Mode, so no more shady Slayers lurking in the shadows! If only we could all be so grossly incandescent…
Pin Your Favorite Podium and Skin to the Main Menu as a Favorite Prior to Update 2, whichever Character skin and podium set you had last viewed would auto-assign itself as the default set on display in the main menu. In response to your community feedback, we have added a new ‘Favorite’ feature for customization items so that you can set your Favorite character skin and podium as the default in the main menu.
Customization Menu Origins With so many great cosmetics being added every month, we thought it might be helpful to further flesh out the context of where each item comes from. The customization menu now shows which set each items comes from.
Custom Keybinds for Every Demon Added functionality to support unique keybinds for demons in BATTLEMODE. You asked for it, you got it!
Added New Render Modes in the graphics settings. Play the game in new stylized ways, such as Gritty, Cinematic, Black & White, DOOM Classic, and more.
Fixes for ALL Platforms
- Fixed a number of exploits in the campaign that would allow the player to climb outside the maps
- Fixed pinned Weekly Challenges. Previously, if you pinned a weekly challenge and it expired, it stayed pinned
- Fixed a number of graphical issues in the campaign where parts of the environment would temporarily pop in and out of view
- Fixed an issue on the Mission Select menu where secrets were not properly displaying as completed
- Fixed an issue where the Crucible would consume more ammunition than intended in some situations
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Party Mode cheat code from activating properly
- Fixed an issue with the Chaingun Energy Shield mod in BATTLEMODE that prevented The Slayer from taking damage from any angle while active instead of just the front
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that cause the Carcass shield to not play sound on activation
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where demon players wouldn’t hear the Arbalest charging in some situations
- Fixed a rare issue in BATTLEMODE where the Marauder’s wolf summon ability would become stuck on cooldown
- Fixed a crash that occurred when navigating the social and settings menus while the on-screen keyboard was active
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where power up pop-up text failed to display for Russian players
- Fixed a crash in BATTLEMODE on the post-match screen in private matches
- Fixed an issue that would allow the Energy Shield mod to remain active permanently after being destroyed by a rocket barrage
- Fixed an issue that prevented Archvile players from activating the Flame Wall ability in some certain situations
Fixes for PC only
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would cause projectiles from the Prowler, Cacodemon, Baron of Hell and Arachnotron to remain suspended in midair
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that caused the Marauder’s dash to not play sound for other players
- Using the Super Shotgun’s flaming Meathook on shield soldiers now correctly generates armor shards
Fixes for Xbox One only
- Fixed a control lock that occurred when entering photo mode during a glory kill
Fixes for PS4 only
- Fixed a rare issue that would cause the player to exit the map when rapidly melee attacking the Khan Maykr
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would causes damage indicators to persist on screen after respawning
- Fixed an issue while hosting a party that could prevent the host from chatting or queuing after suspending the title
- Issue: I’m not brought into a party after accepting an invitation when my game is suspended on Xbox One. Is there anything I can do about this?
Resolution: This is a known issue that will be resolved in a future update. In the interim, please avoid accepting party invites when the game is suspended on Xbox One.
- Issue: I’m seeing connectivity and lag issues for online gameplay while using a VPN. Is there anything I can do about this?
Resolution: DOOM Eternal does not support VPN use for online gameplay.
- Issue: I am no longer able to access Master Levels from the Fortress of DOOM after installing Update 2. Is there anything I can do about this?
Resolution: This is a known issue that we will resolve in a future update. In the interim, please access the Master Levels form the Main Menu.