1.9.4 Patch Notes
- Changed Guardian‘s shield breaking condition from a threshold to a hidden “shield’s life”.
- Global Shields (the invulnerability bubble) no longer interrupt spinning attacks from Lacerators, Guardian Knights and A certain secret boss.
- Community suggestion BC4+:
– Giant, Time Keeper and HotK damage increased.
– Mobs in tiers 5 biomes (Clock Tower, Cavern and Sepuchler) do more damage
– Cavern’s mob have a bit more health
– Mobs in High Peak Castle and spoiler biome do more damage.
- Community suggestion Nerfed Alchemic Carbine to make up for the multiple buffs received by Poison DoTs.
Graphics & UI
- The starting amulet is now on an altar if you have unlocked the Recycling Tubes.
- Fixed Guardian‘s shield breaking even while protected.
- Fixed YOLO mutation no longer healing.
- Fixed Shops sometimes being empty.
- Fixed DoT trigerring Thornies retaliation.
- Fixed missing translations for “damage on rooted target” affix.
- Fixed statistic about mutation blueprints brought to collector.
- Fixed bonus damage on Rooted enemies appearing too often.
- The outfit blueprint dropped by the Bomber can now be acquired in BC3 instead of BC4.
- Fixed some crashes
1.9.3 Patch Notes
- Community suggestion Mobs hitting on the invulnerability shield are now only bumped horizontally, no longer interrupting some combos (Rampagers, notably). Lots of combos are still interrupted (Guardian Knights, Lacerator, etc.)
- Community suggestion Affixes and mutations now affect damages dealt by DoTs. This only affects DoTs applied directly by items. Not poison clouds nor fire on the ground.
- Toxic Cloud affix pool have been reworked (no more damage bonus affixes, more bonus effect on trigger, etc.).
- Toxic Carbine now applies one stack of poison on impact.
- Guardian no longer turn towards you during their attack animation. They can still turn during their combo.
- Guardian‘s shield now requires a small threshold of damages to be applied before breaking.
- Changed the new Sudden Death protection to only trigger upon fatal strike (but still protecting from wombo combos).
- Slightly buffed Disengagement mutation to prevent your HP from descending under 20% while the mutation is active.
- Community suggestion Conjonctivius “Touhou” rain of tears attack cooldown doubled.
- QuickBow critical damage increased.
- Community suggestion Frostbite damage increased.
- Community suggestion All first bosses have less life but do more damage in BC4+.
- Community suggestion Tiers 4 biomes (Stilt Village, Slumbering Sanctuary and Graveyard) mobs do less damage, Tiers 3* biomes do more in BC4+.
- Community suggestion Librarians do more damage than in 1.9.2 (but still less than before).
- Community suggestion High Peak Castle and last biome mobs have more health in BC4+.
- Community suggestion Increased Giant and Time Keeper damage in BC4+.
- Community suggestion Reverted the changes made to Tentacle Whip forward momentum.
- Community suggestion When the eye of the Giant is out, both hands are now invulnerable.
- Community suggestion Prevent the “victims burn” affix from appearing on ice items.
- Community suggestion Damage received from traps are now capped at 30% of your maximum life.
- Community suggestion Prevent food from spawning behind (possibly closed) ZDoors.
- Buffed Grapling Hook: Controls are locked a shorter time.
- You can now drop a maximum of one blueprint from mobs in a single level. This limitation does not apply to blueprints found in secret rooms or by using the Hunter’s Grenade.
Graphics & UI
- Clarified some items names and descriptions.
- Community suggestion Changed the confusing keyword “immobilized” to the color-coded (and obviously, objectively much clearer) “root” in descriptions to clarify synergies.
- Community suggestion Fire icon on oiled target is now blue. Let’s put emphasis on those sweet sweet synergies.
- Added a backpack icon on relevant UIs.
Quality of life
- Community suggestion Explorer Instinct now signals mobs carrying precious loot with a star on the minimap.
- Giant‘s health bug fixed.
- Fixed Elite mobs with the cloning ability not taking damage on aggro.
- Fixed being unable to drop an item carried by the Homonculus by pressing dodge on some controller or keyboard configurations.
- Fixed some spikes collisions.
- Fixed invulnerable Guardian reacting to strikes like their shield was broken every time.
- Fixed the explosion from the Explosive Crossbow off-hand strike counting as a melee hit (and trigering revenge damages from Thornies).