- Who’s the Boss Update! This patch brings 7 new weapons (one for each of the five bosses of Dead Cells, one for a certain really challenging fight, and a mystery one) thematically tied to Dead Cells’ bosses. Beat them and claim their weapon as yours.
- In addition to the new weapons, we welcome 6 new mobs – also thematically tied to the bosses – in the family. We hope you will love them as much as we do!
- When locked, the Rampager will now launch her attacks without waiting to be in range of the player. This will prevent cases where she will go on rampage, get locked, then attack the player without warning as soon as they get close.
- Valmont’s Whip is now Brutality/Tactics instead of Brutality/Survival.
- Increased level of items from Cursed Chest and Legendary Altar by one.
- Community suggestion One-time damage buffs (from Grappling Hook and Counter Attack affix) don’t trigger on some minor damage dealt (arrow affixes, grenade affix, Crossbow hook, Phaser, Grappling Hook itself).
- Community suggestion Disengagement now removes all poison on the beheaded when it triggers.
- Poison will no longer kill you, but bring you down to 1HP instead. This will prevent some deaths that could feel unfair while still being pretty threatening.
- Valmont’s Whip is now a Brutality/ Tactic weapon instead of Brutality/ Survival. It’s survival scaling was justified back in the days when it was quite a slow weapon. It’s not the case anymore, while a good positioning (a staple of Tactic gameplay) is still required to get the most out of the weapon.
- Community suggestion Grappling Hook is now Tactics/Brutality instead of Tactics/Survival as being well positioned is needed to optimally using the weapon, but it fits the brutality playstyle more than the survival one.
- Magnetic Grenade is now a Brutality/Tactic weapon. Keep your foes from approaching while your turrets shred them.
- Knife Thrower has been taken out from the ramparts to reduce the number of range enemies, from Clock Tower to reduce the number of invisible enemies and from Toxic Sewers where the knife thrower was redundant with the Scorpion (samey kind of horizontal range, invisible).
- Inquisitor has been taken out of the Cavern (redundant with its three-hands bigger brother Arbiter).
Graphics & UI
- Community suggestion Infected Food now appears green on the mini-map.
- Community suggestion Added an icon above enemies that still have a blueprint unlockable while wielding the Hunter’s Grenade.
Quality of life
- Community suggestion Added key bindings to move the camera with the keyboard (IJKL by default).
- A certain enemy in a certain really challenging fight can now throw fireballs from inside the wall. This sounds like a bug but I swear its actually a fix. Pinky promise.
- The elite skill Cage will now correctly follow the elite mob when charging up again. Charge time was also increased a little for better readability.
- The Parting Gift now correctly scales with your Tactics level.
- Great Owl of War now correctly follows you through sub-levels.
- Prevented Legendary Altar from spawning in front of mini-teleporters.
- Root Grenade now applies poison or bleed correctly when it has the corresponding affix.
- Corrosive Cloud and Bloodthirsty Shield now work correctly with the affix “bleeding causes poisoning.”
- Slasher‘s third strike will not go over gaps anymore.
- Kamikaze in Prison Depths or Ancient Sewers won’t drop keys anymore. A kamikaze would not drop its key if it killed itself, and killing one while it was flying over a wall would make the key appear in weird places. This should fix all that.
- Various crash fixes. Complicated dev stuff, semi-colons and all that.