This is a large content update focusing on combat, aiming to make it more balanced, realistic and fun to play.
New elements like Shields and Platforms fundamentally change how combat plays out. Raider AI has been overhauled, and the existing defense structures have been rebalanced.
The update also introduces other substantial non-combat related improvements: The Deep Iron Mine and the Megalith and Structure panels.
A basic shield that can be used with one handed weapons to block incoming attacks.
1 Leather + 1 Log = 2 Round Shields.
Has 200 HP and a 50% chance of blocking incoming attacks.
Available from the Bronze Age onward.
A large shield that can be used with one handed weapons to block incoming attacks.
1 Iron + 1 Log = 2 Oval Shields.
Has 400 HP and a 66% chance of blocking incoming attacks.
Available at the Iron Age.
A structure, built inside the settlement’s walls, so your people can shoot at raiders from it.
A sturdier version of the Wooden Platform, can hold more people in it.
Deep Iron Mine
An upgraded Iron Mine, that increases the amount of ore that can be extracted from it.
This was a request from the community as people were running out of Iron in late game.
Allows the crafting of Shields in the Workshop.
Allows the construction of Deep Iron Mines.
3 new music tracks.
Quality of Life
– New Structures panel, that allows you to locate any structures you have built (especially useful for mines).
– New Megaliths panel, that allows you locate megaliths and megalithic transports.
– Management panels are now split between “Standard” and “Advanced”.
– New default resource limits: Wool: 50, Dry Skin: 20, Leather: 20.
– Increased the amount of Raiders that attack your settlement from the Copper Age onward, since it is easier to defend your town now.
– Watchtowers and Guard Towers are more expensive now, but also more resistant.
– Increased amount of skins produced by domestic animals, as Leather is now in higher demand in late game.
– Slightly reduced the cost of techs in the Ancient Warriors scenario (but they are still more expensive than normal).
– Changed express evolution achievement to 6 hours instead of 5.
– Reduced Reinforced Gate cost to 1 unit of Iron.
– Slightly increased hit points of Gate, Reinforced Gate, Palisade and Wall.
– Moved netting tech to Bronze Age.
– Reduced trader prices of all animals.
– Fix issue with raiders bringing outdated weapons in hardcore mode sometimes.
– Tweaked main menu UI.
– People will now abort capture tasks if very hungry, or if the animal has run too far away.
– Towers and Platforms can now be toggled off, which will cause AI to ignore them.
– Raiders now gather near the town and attack in a more coordinated manner.
– Improved Wall and Palisade selection boxes.
– Optimized rendering of small objects.
– Properly snapping materials to terrain when building a structure.
– Improvements to milestone cameras to make sure they show more relevant scenes.
– Preventing people from changing outfit when the alert is on.
– Fixed exploit where the player could save the game just before a trader arrived to get better resources.
– Fixed issues with milestones on community scenarios with uppercase names.
– Improved shadows for palisade