- Train to Beat the Heat!
- Event period: July 24 (after maintenance) – August 7 (before maintenance)
- During the event period, enjoy the additional benefits on Book of Training items:
- Book of Training (Combat and Skill): +50% EXP (Stackable with EXP boosts)
- Book of Training – Combat (1 Hour) and Book of Training – Skill (1 Hour): Sold with 90% discount at the Pearl Shop (F3).
1,000,000 Silver> 100,000 Silver
- Max 10 purchases per Family per day during the event period.
- Mysteries of Summer Continues: A Tale of a Fallen Kingdom
- Event period: July 24 – August 28 (before maintenance)
- ‘Mysteries of Summer’ from last year is back! The difficulty of the quests have been lowered this year so find clues, tackle secret challenges, and conquer all 8 elemental questlines! Stay tuned for the new ??? quest coming up next week.
- If you have finished the 8 quest lines from the previous year, you can not participate in the first 8 quest lines again.
- You can pick up the quest from where you left off if you had progressed through some of the questlines previously.
- The new ??? quest will be released on July 31, 13:00 UTC/06:00 PDT/15:00 CEST.
- You must have completed all 8 questlines in order to try the new ??? quest. As big rewards are at stake, make sure to prepare yourself for the race to finish the ???
- Terrmian Waterpark 2019: July 17 (after maintenance) – August 28 (before maintenance)
- [Event] Luvis Swimsuit Box for male classes and [Event] Loranne Bikini Box for female classes are offered exclusively as the event reward for the new quest [Event] I’m loving it! Pu!
- Black Spirit’s Adventure 1: July 10 (after maintenance) – July 31 (before maintenance)
- Monster Zone event: Event Period: July 10 (after maintenance) – August 14 (before maintenance) Extended!
- Altar of Blood Awaits!
- The Devour feature has been revamped.
- Devour is now available even when Enhancement Chance is +1 or higher.
- There are no item grade restrictions when Enhancement Chance is 0. However, when it is +1 or higher, Devour is only available for green or higher rating gears.
- Just like before, Devour is available for weapons of +8 or higher enhancement levels and armors of +6 or higher enhancement levels.
- When you attempt to use Devour with an existing Enhancement Chance increase greater than 0, you will either succeed or fail at a fixed rate.
- Devour is no longer available for gear equipped with crystals or gear with Caphras stats.
- Added a notification which is displayed when attempting Devour.
- You can no longer install cannons at the Altar of Blood.
- After fierce practice, Shai has finally learnt to ride a horse.
- Shai can ride a horse or ride in the back seat of a horse with Two-seater skill.
- Shai can use the Hunting Matchlock while riding a horse (however, Shai cannot use her attack skills while mounted).
Shai is now able to ride horses. We thank all Shai adventurers who have been waiting for this.
Originally we hoped Shai, different from the existing characters, could travel by riding a donkey and bring you a new play experience. However, after the updates, we gathered the opinions of many adventurers around the world and concluded that our wish was not an open but a forceful choice. Hence we made improvements with this patch and enabled Shai to ride horses. For those adventurers who appreciated the donkey, we will continuously make patches to offer you other ways of using the donkey.
The same goes for Shai’s talent patch; with the launch of the Global Lab, we are considering your opinions, and doing our best to patch it live as soon as possible. We hope Shai becomes your unique, charming friend and we will support any necessary resource investment or development for this to happen.
- The notification text that appears when you have not completed the prerequisite quest for entering the Altar of Blood is now more detailed.
- Fixed the issue where the lower part of the giant laborer at the back was not displayed when you captured Edan after completing the ‘Artifacts of the Naga’ quest.
- Fixed the issue where the shop sold armors when the Amity with Partus the stable keeper of Keplan was over 500. Partus will sell the Donkey gear set in the shop if you obtain more than 500 Amity.
- Fixed the issue where the window of Calpheon City Chapel 2-1 was not displayed.
- Fixed the graphical issue of the bushes near the Loopy Tree Forest.
- Fixed the issue that a horse can no longer be placed in a specific places in Calpheon Market Street.
- Fixed the issue where you would get stuck in certain areas and could not move when passing through Gahaz Bandit’s Lair by auto-running.
- Fixed the issue where the structures of certain roads in Velia were displayed abnormally.
- Sound effects are now heard when using flashbangs.
- Extracting Reform Stones from PEN gear will no longer erase the engraved name of the crafter..
- Improved the automatic navigation in the following areas.
- You can no longer approach the island where Arena of Arsha is located (near Iliya Island) when an Arena of Arsha is active.
- Fixed the issue where the text box of the drunk at the Lunar Halo Inn in Velia overlapped with the NPC’s head.
- Fixed the issue where the Musical Spirit NPC under the waterfall of Gervish Mountains was submerged in the water.
- The quest NPC Deian of the Duvencrune Mountain is no longer displayed in the minimap regardless of whether you’ve acquired the knowledge.
- Improved the convenience of using donkeys and wagons.
- The donkey will now move into the running motion when moving by pressing the W key or by auto-moving.
- Donkeys will now run away and hide when hit by monsters. However, the donkeys will not run away when they are within a distance of 25m from you.
- You can call back hiding donkeys by pressing the Call Mount button.
- Pressing S key will now stop the wagon quickly while the wagon is slowing down.
- Fixed the issue where a Sky Balloon en route to Altinova from Terrmian was attacked.
- Made an improvement so that the Attack Speed buff and Heilang: Berserk buff applied from using the Rage Absorption (Common) skill will now be applied simultaneously.
- Previously when you used the Heilang: Berserk skill while receiving a buff from Rage Absorption (Common), the Attack Speed buff did not stack. Due to the improvement, the Attack Speed buff will now stack when using Heilang: Berserk while you are receiving a buff from Rage Absorption.
- Fixed the issue where the character’s hair was displayed over the helmet when equipping the Dark Martial Helmet.
- You can sprint by entering Shift + W when you get off of a running horse without having your main weapons equipped.
- You can now sprint by entering Shift + W when you get off of a running horse without having your main weapons equipped
- Fixed the issue where the right leg would disappear when equipped with a New Year Hanbok clothes that had low durability.
- Fixed the issue where the arm area would display an unnatural line when equipped with a New Year Hanbok with low durability
- Fixed the issue where you were unable to dye the leaf part when equipped with the Treant Camouflage Crimson Glaives.
- Fixed the issue where the part below the bottoms would look awkward when equipped with the Gierach Armor.
- Fixed the issue where the fingers would disappear when equipped with the Red Nose’s Armor.
- Improved the wind effects for skills used with the Florang.
- Fixed the issue where the head shape numbers 3, 12, and 16 would appear to not properly display parts of the back side of the head when equipped with the Marigold Sunset clothes.
- Shai can now use the Capturing Rope.
- When you use Twirl towards the left or the right side and then to the opposite side, you now deal 2 hits to the opposite side.
- Increased the speed of 1 hit standing Swing Swing skill motion.
- You can now activate Eat This! faster while using Hop, Tuck-and-Roll, or Swing Swing.
- Adjusted the very low damage the attack skills used with the florang dealt when in PVP, and now they can make more than a certain level of damage.
- Increased the attack range of the following skills in order to fix the issue where the actual attack range was smaller than the attack effect shown when attacking with the florang.
- The transition to Twirl while using Hop to the left/right has been improved to be faster.
- Revised the descriptions for swimsuits and bikinis so that the description about displaying the outfits would be more clear.
※ If you select the Swimwear Settings button in the equipment window in a safe zone or while swimming, your swimwear will be seen by other Adventurers.
※ If you select the Swimwear Settings button in the equipment window while you’re in the Safe Zone or in water, your swimwear can be seen by other adventurers.
- Added the ingredients to craft Capotia accessories.
- Capotia Necklace
- Only characters of Lv. 64 and above can perform Manufacture to craft it.
- Ingredients: Yona’s Fragment x400, Karanda’s Latent Aura x3, Oil of Storms x5
- Capotia Belt
- Only characters of Lv. 63 and above can perform Manufacture to craft it.
- Ingredients: Yona’s Fragment x350, Kutum’s Latent Aura x3, Oil of Tranquility x5
- Capotia Earring
- Only characters of Lv. 62 and above can perform Manufacture to craft it.
- Ingredients: Yona’s Fragment x300, Nouver’s Latent Aura x3, Oil of Corruption x5
- Capotia Ring
- Only characters of Lv. 61 and above can perform Manufacture to craft it.
- Ingredients: Yona’s Fragment x325, Kzarka’s Latent Aura x3, Oil of Fortitude x5
- Capotia Necklace
- You can now enhance Capotia accessories.
- You can enhance the Capotia accessory with an accessory with the same name.
- If you fail to enhance the Capotia accessory, it will not be destroyed but the enhancement level will decrease and the max durability will also decrease by 10.
*Cron Stones cannot be used during Capotia enhancement.
- You can attain max durability recovery by using an accessory of the same name or Yona’s Fragment.
- Effects of Capotia Necklace
- Basic: AP 25 Accuracy 16
- PRI: AP 26 Accuracy 16
- DUO: AP 27 Accuracy 17
- TRI: AP 28 Accuracy 18
- TET: AP 29 Accuracy 19
- PEN: AP 30 Accuracy 20
- Effects of Capotia Earring
- Basic: AP 13 Accuracy 8
- PRI: AP 13 Accuracy 9
- DUO: AP 13 Accuracy 10 DP 1
- TRI: AP 13 Accuracy 11 DP 2
- TET: AP 13 Accuracy 12 DP 3
- PEN: AP 13 Accuracy 12 DP 4
- Effects of Capotia Ring
- Basic: AP 14 Accuracy 8
- PRI: AP 14 Accuracy 9
- DUO: AP 15 Accuracy 9
- TRI: AP 15 Accuracy 10
- TET: AP 16 Accuracy 10
- PEN: AP 17 Accuracy 10
- Effects of Capotia Belt
- Basic: AP 14 Accuracy 8
- PRI: AP 14 Accuracy 9
- DUO: AP 15 Accuracy 9
- TRI: AP 15 Accuracy 10
- TET: AP 16 Accuracy 10
- PEN: AP 17 Accuracy 10
We had introduced Capotia accessories in the past as a symbolic reward of your very first level-up. Since they used to be TRI accessories, them being a reward itself was seen as meaningful back then.
However, we concluded, from our current as well as future point of view, that Capotia accessories would gradually become less attractive. We consequently added ingredients that could be used more broadly (such as raising a second character) and an enhancement feature that could enhance the value of an accessory.
We worked on this patch focusing on that these two updates would not immediately affect the market. So not every player might need Capotia accessories for now, but we hope their significance and usefulness to grow further on a long term basis.
- You can now obtain Yona’s Fragment when heating certain yellow grade accessories.
- You can obtain Yona’s Fragment by heating only when you have learned “Ossa Dilla’s Special Heating Method” from the Valencia Arms Dealer NPC Ossa Dilla.
|Item Name||Number of Yona’s Fragment|
|Tungrad Necklace||x 9-11|
|Laytenn’s Power Stone||x7-9|
|Black Distortion Earring||x9-11|
|Narc Ear Accessory||x5-7|
|Forest Ronaros Ring||x2-4|
|Eye of the Ruins Ring||x5-7|
|Valtarra Eclipsed Belt||x7-9|
※ The quantities and ways of obtaining Yona’s Fragment through the existing accessories are as follows:
|Item Name||Number of Obtainable
|Ring of Crescent Guardian||x3-5|
|Ring of Cadry Guardian||x3-5|
- Fixed the wrong content in Fertilizer Sack’s description.
- Fixed the issue where the Blue Lion Crown still worked when the item expired while wearing it.
- Added a content in Mystical Spirit Powder’s description stating that you cannot obtain the powder from a Spirit Stone that has been gained through alchemy.
- The description of Naphart Campsite’s pearl item and the effect description of the Campsite shop are now the same.
- Changed the name of the set effect Gathering/Alchemy EXP +10% that you get by equipping [Shai] Curious Gatherer Classic Set and [Shai] Whimsical Alchemist Classic Set as follows.
※ Outfit Equip Effect (4 Parts)
※ Curious Gatherer Equip Effect (4 Parts)
※ Whimsical Alchemist Equip Effect (4 Parts)
- Added the Owl Horn-rimmed Glasses that you can obtain with Shai in the [Event] Glasses Box.
- Added the following Shai crafted costume which can be crafted at a Lv. 1 Costume Workshop.
- Florin Herb Gatherer Clothes
- In order to make “Florin Herb Gatherer Clothes”, you need “Design: Florin Herb Gatherer Clothes – Shai”.
- You can receive “Design: Florin Herb Gatherer Clothes – Shai” as a reward by completing the “Life Saving Herb” quest from the NPC “Kunata Don” in Florin.
- After completing the quest, you can buy the item from the Amity Shop of the Florin Armor Vendor “Zelfinith”.
- Added a new quest through which you can obtain Florin Herb Gatherer Clothes’ design.
- You can accept the new quest from the NPC “Kunata Don” in Florin.
- This quest can be completed once per Family, and can be accepted by any character of Lv. 40 or above without any restrictions.
- Life Saving Herb
- Oh, the Sweet Scent
- Will it Burn Me?
- White Azalea?
- Dawn of Day
- Once in a Million Years?
- Truth about the Herb
- Added a function through which you can select the quantity of challenge rewards you wish to claim at once to the Challenges (Y) window.
- Upon pressing the claim button, a pop-up window will now appear where you can choose the quantity of rewards to claim. You can choose to claim Maximum Quantity as well.
- You cannot use this function either if there is an item that cannot stack challenge rewards or if there is an optional reward you can choose.
- Added a text to the description of <Ancient Spirit’s Crystal – Valor, Viper, Swiftness> stating that you can obtain the item by heating the “apparel”.
- Fixed the issue where the [Event] Old Moon Flare could not be used normally in certain regions.
- Fixed the issue where a currently-inaccessible method to obtain the Spirit Crystal was written when searching the relevant item in the Crafting Notes.
- Fixed the issue where Shai’s Crafted Costume was displayed abnormally in the crafting method of the Ancient Spirit’s Crystal.
- The Cyclops summoned by the “Retrieve a Sealing Stone” quest now starts fighting after the adventurer has completely examined the Black Portal.
- Changed the attack style of the Ruins Guard Tower summoned by the Black Spirit’s quest.
- The villagers drove out some of the grass beetles from the northern Olvia’s cow farm, decreasing the number of grass beetles.
- Added the Terrmian Event quests to the New Quest window.
- Fixed the issue where the Black Spirit was automatically summoned after accepting “The Ritual” quest.
- Added a guide to the Black Spirit’s dialogue in the Main Quest Widget to make it easier to reach the next destination while progressing through “The Return” quest.
- Changed the navigation location of the “Weird Devices” quest.
- Unified all expressions that represent the Supply Port from the Star’s End Adventure Journal II hints to Northwestern Calpheon Outpost Supply Port.
- An alternative way to complete “The Message from Bobby Lauren” quest other than stealing is now available. You can either interact with the NPC or steal from NPC to complete the quest.
- Changed the way through which you can accept the “[To Level 50!] Giant Catfishman Qoobe” quest from using the Summon Scroll to summoning the monster by interacting with the Dark Portal.
- Changed the speed buff of “Footprint of the Wind”, which can be obtained as a reward for accepting a main quest, from 1 min to 3 min.
At the beginning of the game, you have no horse and must run wherever you go. Hence the Footprint of the Wind was a way of helping beginners to get used to the Black Desert World by allowing them to move quickly. We extended its effect duration to 3 min, reflecting the opinions that the old duration was too short.
Though it might be a minor change, we think such small parts of the game do matter too. We will continue doing patches that assist rookie adventurers in adapting to the game.
- Changed the title of the “Leaping Over Rhutums Elites” quest to “Leaping Over the Ferocious Rhutums”.
- Changed the quest title so that it matches the quest content in which you hunt the normal Rhutums rather than Rhutums Elites.
- Changed the hint and the knowledge description of the [Guild] Sandy Ingot to sound clearer.
- The Occupying Guild Info UI is now displayed before the Area Information UI in the World Map (M).
- Fixed the issue where incorrect information was displayed when there were more than 11 party members in a platoon.
- No message concerning weight is displayed anymore when obtaining an item like the Silver, which has 0 weight.
- Changed the main character of the Next Attendance Reward notice UI displayed when quitting the game to Shai.
- When fishing, instead of the Space key guide, the changed Hotkey is now shown while you are trying to catch a fish.
- Fixed the issue where you couldn’t see the working process of the worker even after selecting Worker from Settings → Performance Settings → NPC.
- When buying a product with a purchase limit from the Pearl Shop (F3), the number of product will not exceed its purchase limit.
- You can now normally close the Crafting Notes window with the ESC key when opening the Crafting Notes from the Equipment Enhancement window.
- A message concerning durability is no longer displayed when selling a gear whose durability has not been repaired to the shop.
- Fixed the issue where a system message concerning weight was displayed when selling items worth more than 500,000 Silver to the shop.
- Added AP and DP limits to the description of Tier 1 Nodes where these limits are applied, when in a Node War on the World Map (M).
- The mail title is no longer displayed beyond the UI area when reading a mail, even if the title length is too long.
- From the Server Selection list and Server Change list, the following Server Status Icons’ colors were changed to more vivid ones.
- The server is under maintenance, Arsha server, Olvia server, Server Change Restriction, Node/Conquest War in progress
- In the case of ‘The server is under maintenance’ icon, its color was changed from blue to red.
- Added sale periods to the details of the Pearl Shop (F3)’s LIMITED items.
- The Stats names and levels from the Level Up window are now expressed more clearly.
- Total accumulated amount of stats increased overall and the newly-obtained stats will be displayed together.
- The Gathering UI is no longer displayed while on a mount, in order to fix the issue where you couldn’t get off of the mount due to your interaction with the item.
- Deleted the text ‘The name of the creator will be deleted’ from the Reform Stone Inventory window.
- The text ‘If the item is sold for 500,000 Silver or more, the money will be sent to Storage’ is no longer displayed when selling items to a merchant from a town with storage.
- Fixed the issue where the Recovery level did not show the recovered result when recovering to max durability.
- AP and DP increases are now shown in the Level Up Information Guide window.
- These increases will be shown when achieving Lv. 56 for DP and Lv. 60 for AP.
- The mouse wheel works more naturally now in the Level Up Information Guide windows’ skill list.
- Fixed the issue where an empty text box appeared when trying to drag and attach a crystal to an equipment without any empty slots.
- The processing completion message is no longer displayed when you fail the first processing.
- The Level Up Information Guide window does not move anymore.
- Changed the Pearl and Silver icons in the inventory.
- AP and DP levels before and after leveling up are now displayed in the Level Up Information Guide.
- Fixed the issue where the arrow on the right side of the category name disappeared when selecting the item list from the IOS mobile Central Market.
- Added a function through which you can partially retrieve any goods you have pre-ordered or registered for sale in the Web Central Market.
- Example: If you register 100 Instant HP Potions (Small) to sell and then retrieve 20 of them, 80 will remain registered.
- Improved the time it took for the Central Market’s market price to be displayed in the item details.
- Fixed the issue where the lower part of certain NPC’s Amity graph was cut when there were a large number of quests.
- Fixed the issue where the fairy icon did not appear on the top left corner while in the Altar of Blood.
- Fixed the graphical issue of the water near the Gervish Mountains in Remastered and Ultra Mode.
- Fixed the issue where the camera perspective would abnormally zoom in when selecting Wagon from the Dye window.
- Fixed the issue where the Matchlock would simultaneously reload and fire.
- Fixed the issue where the character’s location was abnormal when entering the Beauty (F4) window, the Knowledge (H) window, the Pearl Shop (F3), or the Dye (J) window while your Karma had a negative value.
- You can now use the following items which were temporarily blocked of use from July 12.
- Combat EXP +10%
- Skill EXP +5%
*We apologize to those adventurers who experienced any inconvenience due to this issue. Please check your in-game mailbox (B) after regular maintenance of July 24 to claim rewards sent as a token of our apologies. Please make sure to claim these rewards before July 31, 23:59 UTC as they will expire afterwards.
- [Updated 7/26] We are aware of the issue where an white outlining around the Sailboat or Frigate under sail would appear when the Transparent Mast option is turned on.