We have recently seen some incidents in which players who made purchases from unauthorized outside vendors, had their accounts compromised. This type of activity has a negative impact on all parties, so we wanted to remind everyone to ensure you are always following healthy security practices.
Never give out your account details or password to anyone, doing so can leave your account vulnerable. Moreover, fraudulent purchases made with stolen credit cards can hurt you, but can also lead to repercussions for your account as well. Giving out your account information also negatively affects the community, as it supports illegal and black market activity.
“Ubisoft Support and Staff will never request your password.“
Keeping your account and personal information secure is one of our top priorities and here are a few steps you can take to help ensure the safety of your personal account and information.
- – Do not give out personal or account information. Ubisoft Support or Staff may request account information, but we will never ask you for your password.
- – Enable Two-Step Verification (click here to enable).
- – Do not respond to suspicious emails. You will only ever receive official Ubisoft emails from addresses ending in @ubisoft.com or @cs.ubisoft.com.
- – Do not trust non-Ubisoft websites that request account information.
- – Do not make purchases from unauthorized vendors. Ubisoft cannot guarantee Service of purchases from unauthorized vendors. A full list of authorized vendors can be found here.
If you suspect that your account may be at risk, check that you have 2FV enabled, reset your password, and monitor your account for any unauthorized purchases. For further account assistance, please contact Ubisoft Support.