Bounty of Blood, the third campaign add-on for Borderlands 3, is available now! This release coincides with a free level cap increase that raises the maximum Vault Hunter level to 60.
Vault Hunters, mount up! The Sheriff of Vestige on the wilderness planet of Gehenna has gave an abundance on the Devil Riders posse, and it’s an ideal opportunity to gather. The brutal, mammoth riding hired soldiers have been pestering the townsfolk, and their undesirable consideration is taking such a cost, that local people have begun going to untouchables for help. These people are extreme as hellfire—they wouldn’t have endure this long on a ruthless, unforgiving planet that was already a weapons proving ground in any case—and they’ll do what they can to help. In any case, it falls on you to take the battle to the Devil Riders and put them in the ground so the town can be remade and people can recover financially.
Bounty of Blood is the third of four campaign add-ons that are included with the Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition and Season Pass. It’s also available to purchase separately, though you’ll need to own a copy of Borderlands 3 to play it.
- Traverse the open plains of Gehenna atop the new heavily-armed Jetbeast vehicle
- Enjoy the company of an unseen narrator as you tackle new story and side missions
- Encounter an all-new cast of tough-as-hell characters
- Leverage local flora to gain an edge in combat and explore otherwise inaccessible areas
- Help rebuild the town of Vestige, where your successes have a lasting impact on the locals’ livelihoods and town landmarks
- Take on a host of additional Crew Challenges, like tracking down treasure or claiming bounties on beasts and bandits alike
- Collect new Legendary loot and cosmetics pried from the cold, dead hands of rowdy gang members and feral critters
Regardless of whether you own Bounty of Blood, today’s free level cap increase means that your Vault Hunter can unlock three additional skill points on their way to the new maximum level of 60. If you’d like to explore interactive versions of the Vault Hunters’ skill trees and figure out what three more skill points can do for your favorite build, head on over to the pages dedicated to Amara the Siren, FL4K the Beastmaster, Moze the Gunner, and Zane the Operative.
In order to reach Gehenna with an existing Vault Hunter, you’ll need access to Sanctuary III, the starship you get by completing Episode 5 of Borderlands 3’s main story missions. When you’re ready to travel to Gehenna, look for the wanted poster—highlighted with a yellow exclamation mark—on the table in front of the Quick Change station on Sanctuary III.
Alternatively, if you don’t have access to Sanctuary III yet or are looking for an excuse to start playing as a new character, you have the option to create a new Vault Hunter and have them bypass the opening acts of the Borderlands 3 story so you can head to Gehenna right away. Once the campaign add-on is installed, select Play on the main menu, followed by New Game; you’ll then get to choose which storyline you want to jump into.
The decent folks who call Vestige home are counting on you, Vault Hunter. You’d best go help them as soon as you’re able.