We introduced Joyride vehicles and the Race Checkpoint device in our v16.20 update. With the addition of the Race Manager device this week, you’ll be in prime position to create even more advanced racing modes!
Creators can now keep track of and display the number of laps completed, race times, and your personal best time! The Race Manager also opens up a new highway of new game types: Time Trials and multiplayer circuit-style tournaments are just a few of the game types available.
SUMMER FEATURES and VEHICLES
New summer-themed content is on the way, Creators. Enter the game and explore the fully playable Boats, Fishing Zone, and an all-new item: the Surfboard! Make a boat race, a fishing competition, or a surfboard trick course. As we approach the summer months, get that beach party started early!
If you plan on creating the new content, be sure to check out the Summer Creator Callout for a chance to be featured in the upcoming Summer event!
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to rapidly edit with a blueprint out.
- We have made a material adjustment to all Grid Islands to improve the visual clarity of grid lines and surface area. The new flat material has less noise compared to the older concrete material and projects fewer light reflections.
- Removed the older Flat Grid Hub, Floating Island Hub and Grassy Hill Hub from the Island Create Menu since we have shifted to a new hub and portal layout.
- Fixed an issue where “Details” and “Back” buttons overlapped in the Creative Inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the Recent Islands list did not update.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed an issue with some floors in the Coral Castle Center Prefab not loading the material correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the full roof assets from Coral Castle Prefabs & Gallery would not display a health bar when damaged or take damage from weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the snow piles from the Ice House Prefabs & Gallery showing a one-sided texture.
DEVICE AND ITEM FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the Health Powerup device did not fully drop to the floor when enlarged.
- Fixed an issue where the Baller’s Grappler pulled vehicles towards the Baller instead of the other way round.