- Shai Talent Update Events
- Event 1: July 31 (after maintenance) – August 14 (before maintenance)
- Event 2 & Bonus Event: July 31 (after maintenance) – August 21 (before maintenance)
- Enjoy celebratory events prepared with Shai Talent Update! Tackle event quests or level your Shai’s life skills up for cool rewards including a special in-game title!
- A golden current that started from the ocean began to make its way to the shores. Upon hearing sightings of that, the trout fishers are preparing to embark on a journey to the Terrmian Bay to take part in the exciting fishing festival starting from next week. Will we see you there?
- Mysteries of Summer Continues: A Tale of a Fallen Kingdom
- The new quest begins July 31, 13:00 UTC/06:00 PDT/15:00 CEST
- Event period: July 24 (after maintenance) – August 28 (before maintenance)
- The new questline has finally arrived! Join the race to be the fastest adventurer to solve all 9 mysterious quests for a chance to win the following:
|Grand Prize||Horse Emblem: Nightmare Arduanatt,
|All participants who have completed all 9 questlines before the following maintenance after the 1st place is known.||Special “pink-colored” in-game title: Soul|
|All Participants who complete all 9 questlines
Before 8/28 maintenance
|Advice of Valks (+70),
Fine Accessory Box II
- Rewards will be given upon quest completion, but the exact date to when you can claim the in-game title will be announced after the 1st place is known.
- Prizes for Top 10 are available per region (Top 10 for EU and Top 10 for NA)
- Terrmian Waterpark 2019: July 17 (after maintenance) – August 28 (before maintenance)
- Black Spirit’s Adventure 1
- Altar of Blood Awaits! Event rewards have been distributed.
- For in-game titles, please check directly on the Title tab under My Information (P).
Shai has gained a new talent.
Now Shai can give strength and courage to her friends with her instruments. Though we may not be able to satisfy all adventurers, we hope this patch provides you a meaningful content that will make the game more enjoyable.
As we designed Shai’s talent, we focused on differentiating it from the “Awakening” of the existing characters and on creating a unique charm for Shai. We believed that by maintaining such basis, we could enhance Shai’s quality as a special character. We hope Shai becomes a valuable character through which you can enjoy Black Desert, among all other ways of enjoying the game. Though Shai may differ from other characters in terms of efficiency in certain situations such as battles, her unique strengths will offset such a difference. We will continue doing our best to show you a new fun side of the game through Shai, whose charm you haven’t ever seen in the game.
Also, it was your opinions that mattered the most while we were designing Shai.
Since it is the first time we are trying this, we will actively review your opinions and accept adequate suggestions as we proceed with the development.
We will not develop Shai on a short-term basis, but on a long-term one, and keep adding related contents. For your reference, the three instruments, Tring, Tute, and Tamtam, that were revealed at the Global Lab through the previous updates were removed and unified into a new single item called “Sol”. We know that some of you were looking forward to the previous instruments, but please wait for us, since they will soon come to meet Shai with a new appearance, bearing their true meanings.
- Different from other characters, Shai gets a new Talent instead of Awakening.
- Shai uses an item called “Sol” which is placed in the Talent slot in her inventory (I), instead of an Awakening Weapon placed into the Awakening Weapon slot.
- Shai’s Instrument exclusive skills become more efficient by enhancing the instrument.
- Shai would play one of Tring, Tute, and Tamtam depending on the skill she casts.
- A Shai of Lv. 56 or above can receive the quest “[Shai Talent] The First Light, Shai” and start the talent quest.
- Although Shai can’t open the existing awakening weapon box, she would obtain one blue and one yellow grade instrument called ‘Sol’ after completing ‘[Shai Talent] The First Light, Shai’ with level 56 or above Shai character.
- The blue graded instrument can’t be enhanced but it has high default stats. The default stat for the yellow grade is lower than that of the blue, but it can become more powerful through enhancement.
- With the introduction of Shai Talent update, a new Shai exclusive skill window has been added. Also, Inventory(I) window, Dye window(J) and Pearl Shop (F3) will display new ‘Talent’ text and icon instead of Awakening.
- Shai’s instrument cannot be dyed.
- You can neither use the Canon Sol as a Fairy Growth ingredient nor discard it.
- Added the “Do not board other adventurer’s ships” function while fishing.
- This is active as long as the character is equipping a fishing rod.
We know this is an update so many adventurers have been waiting for.
Since there were a lot of things we needed to consider to make the “Do not board other adventurer’s ships” function work, we went through a long test. Though it took us more time than we hoped, we are happy to present you the awaited function.
We also promise you that we will keep fixing the long-standing issues that are hindering your gameplay, starting from the “kidnapping prevention” issue.
However, since we need to be careful when trying to fix a long-standing problem, we will make patches that will let you use the function “by choice” and not by force when introducing it for the first time.
- Changed the basic setting of the Anti-aliasing category as follows.
- ON/OFF → Not Applied/Applied button
- The combat EXP you get when failing alchemy or cooking is now 1/10 of the combat EXP you get when succeeding them.
- Moved the unnecessary structure that blocked adventurers when hunting in the Aakman Temple.
- Tree leaves and grass leaves now have reflective effects in Remastered Mode or Ultra Mode.
- Fixed the graphical issue where some areas of the Mirumok Ruins looked awkward.
- Fixed the issue where the matchlock disappeared intermittently when riding a horse with the matchlock equipped.
- Fixed the issue where the placement of the Matchlock was awkward when riding a Dream Horse with the Matchlock equipped.
- Changed the Meditation’s WP Recovery as follows.
- Added a new skill, Go!
- You can use the new skill, Go!, by pressing Q or E while using One from the One-Two-Three skill.
- Added a passive skill with which you can increase the EXP that is obtained through Gathering or Alchemy.
- Gathering Whiz I-V: Gathering EXP per each acquired skill +1% (Max 5%)
- Alchemy Whiz I-V: Alchemy EXP per each acquired skill +1% (Max 5%)
- Added a passive skill with which you can gain additional Combat EXP through Gathering or Alchemy.
- Joy of Gathering: Combat EXP gained through Gathering +300%
- Joy of Alchemy: Combat EXP gained through Alchemy +300%
- Improved character movement when using Hop skill to left/right to be more natural.
- Shai can now accept the quest “My Little First Pony” as she can now ride horses.
- Changed the usage description of the Bloody Outfit Box and [Event] Bloody Outfit Box as follows.
- Before: You’ll get a box that contains an outfit.
- Now: You’ll get an outfit or an outfit box.
- You can now see a warning stating that the effect of Book of Life cannot stack when using All Life Skills EXP Scrolls.
- Strength Experience now increases when you swim while holding a trade item.
- Moved the weasels that obstructed the roads around Olvia Coast to the outer parts of the roads.
- Added a new Crossroads Quest after the quest “Grusha, the Scout”.
- After the quest “Grusha, the Scout”, you can either accept the quest “[Crossroad] Goblins at the Ruins” or the quest “[Crossroad] About Goblins” to continue. Depending on which quest you accept, you will get a different Title for each.
- Goyen’s Grave was moved from the bottom of King’s Forest cliff to below the tree that is inside the cliff, so the quest areas of related quests were changed.
- As the way to complete the quest “[To Level 50!] Giant Catfishman Qoobe” was changed from using a scroll to making an interaction with the Dark Portal, the tutorial will no longer be displayed.
- Emma Bartali is being plagued with yet another nightmare.
- Improved the knowledge titles and descriptions of “Giant’s Lightstone Powder” and “Skeleton Golem’s Sorcery”.
- You can now obtain the “Crystal Alligator” Knowledge from Kamasylvia NPC Jensen.
- Improved the information that is displayed when renting an item from an NPC by spending contribution points so that it matches not only the combat equipment but also other items such as Life Tools.
- Changed the position of the item enhancement grade in the item description to the same position as that of the one in the inventory.
- Fixed the issue where the names of servers at the server select screen were not displayed as red during maintenance.
- Fixed the arrows and numbers in the level up information window to not overlap with each other.
- Fixed the issue where you could open the storage and use the storage item by right-clicking it while on a mount.
- You can now check the Guild Mission content displayed as a description by mouseovering the content when the description is too long.
- Fixed the issue where an item is used when you right click an item in your inventory to move it to your mount inventory after you call your storage maid and close the maid window.
- Fixed the borders of the Black Spirit’s skill icon.
- Removed the Claim Period at the bottom of the Attendance Reward, since it became unnecessary.
- Fixed the issue where you could see two of each Awakening skill in the Lock Skill window of the Black Spirit’s Rage.
- [Ranger] Fixed the graphical glitch of the Loranne Bikini.
- [Sorceress] Fixed the issue where the arm accessory looked unnatural when selecting the Kibelius Divinus Armor or the Kibelius Armor in standby mode at the Pearl Shop.
- [Sorceress]Fixed the graphical glitch of the Loranne Bikini.
- [Tamer] Fixed the issue where you couldn’t dye the Puff Mini Helmet when equipping it while with the hair style no. 5 applied.
- [Valkyrie] Fixed the issue where the character’s armor exclusive hair was not displayed when equipping the Jousting Armor.
- [Witch] Fixed the issue where the Central Market category of the Kibelius Divinus Awakening set A and B was abnormal.
- [Wizard] Fixed the graphical glitch that occurred when equipping the Luvis Swimsuit with the character customized as old.
- [Maewha] Fixed the graphical glitch of the Loranne Bikini.
- [Kunoichi] Fixed the issue where blood was still displayed while using Sah Chakram even after disabling the Show Blood option.
- [Kunoichi] Fixed the graphical glitch in the chest of the Loranne Bikini that appeared when moving the camera viewpoint laterally.
- [Striker] Fixed the issue where the Glorious Shudad outfit and the Blackstar Gauntlet’s appearances overlapped.
- [Lahn] Fixed the issue where you could not dye the right sword of the Treant Camouflage Crimson Glaives normally.
- [Shai] Fixed the issue where the fire effect of the Matchlock was displayed near the belly of Shai when on a mount.
- [Shai] Fixed the issue where the color of the eye makeup was applied to the character’s upper lip.
- [Shai] Fixed the issue where Shai would not change to combat stance after getting off a running horse.
- [Shai] Fixed the issue where the processing animation of a party member/platoon member doing processing stopped when using Rage Absorption.
- [Shai] Fixed the graphical glitch that occurred when customizing the character with the Ellen Glasses equipped.
- [Shai] Fixed the issue where Shai could not fire, reload her matchlock or get off the horse for 8 seconds after aiming a target while on mount.
- Fixed the issue where the debuff icon that is applied while in jail was displayed in the item buff list.
- Fixed the issue where the Matchlock would simultaneously reload and fire intermittently even when pressing any of the commands.
- Fixed the issue where the Strength Experience did not increase when using Finto’s Fresh Juice while swimming.
- Fixed the issue where the character’s hair looked intermittently abnormal when trying to display the apparel with both a gear piece that changes its appearance in specific situations and a helmet that has its own exclusive hair equipped at the same time.
- Fixed the issue where the screenshots looked dark when taking them with 4K or 8K resolution in Remastered Mode or Ultra Mode.
- You can no longer hear the splash sound that played each time you moved the character in the water by pressing the directional keys briefly.
- Fixed the issue where a War Hero could deconstruct the annexes from other guild’s Node War.
- Fixed the issue where enemy guild members’ karma decreased because they were able to attack mounts which belonged to protected guild members while they were on their mounts.
- While in the Black Spirit Training, you can now see the effects of other adventurers who are also in training.
- Fixed the issue where the roads in the Loopy Tree Forest, White Wood Forest, and Mirumok Ruins’ 2D minimap were cut.
- Fixed the issue where the character could pass through some of the doors in the Northern Wheat Plantation.
- Fixed the issue where characters moved awkwardly in certain areas within the beach are of Velia.
- Fixed the issue where the effects in certain areas of Mediah Territory looked unnatural.
- Fixed the issue where the direction to which Fiory greeted when completing the quest “A Wound that Starts to Heal” was intermittently abnormal.
- Fixed the issue where the NPC Nella Encarotia and the NPC Enrique Encarotia looked awkward when greeting.
- Fixed the issue where the icon of an unfishable fish appeared in the World Map (M)’s Balenos River.
- Fixed the issue where the completion dialogue was immediately displayed while progressing through the quest “Forbidden Knowledge”, when you had already completed the same quest with another character.
- Now you can see the quest button and the dialogue while progressing through the quest again, even when you have completed this quest with another character.
- Fixed the Quest Type icon of the recurring quest “Cat on the Roof”.
- Fixed the dialogue that appeared when completing the quest “[Event] The Endless Curiosity of the Sages”.
- Fixed the issue where you could not obtain the Margoria Treasure Map Piece reward even when completing the quest “Travel Log of Golden Sunset”.
- Those adventurers who have already completed “Travel Log of Golden Sunset” can receive the missing Margoria Treasure Map Piece from Katio in Nada Island while progressing through the quest “Completed Map, Toward the Ancient Shrine”.
- Fixed the issue where the point of view of the camera was abnormal when entering the Customization window of the face, head shape, body, etc. while cancelling your movement by pressing ESC in the Beauty (F4) window.
- Fixed the issue where the screen lagged while in a party play.
- Fixed the issue where the number of skills displayed in the New Skill Available icon at the bottom increased when trying to learn skills after selecting all skill tabs from the Skill (k) window.
- Fixed the issue where the Apply button was not activated when resetting the Hotkey Settings.
- Fixed the issue where you couldn’t adjust the minimap’s wheel when visiting a high level Monster Zone with a low level character.
- Mowed that pesky grass to fix the graphical issues they caused in various areas including Calpheon Castle, Treant Forest, Ibellab Oasis, Loopy Tree Forest, and Trent.
- Fixed the issue where the grass near the Calpheon Castle was floating in the air.
- Fixed the issue where the grass near the Treant Forest was floating in the air.
- Fixed the issue where the grass near the Ibellab Oasis was floating in the air.
- Fixed the issue where the grass in some places around the Loopy Tree Forest was floating intermittently.
- Fixed the issue where the tip of the grass was intermittently invisible in the surrounding areas of Trent.
- You can no longer change the Guild position of the family who is participating as a War Hero.
- Verified that the Damage Reductions of the Ultimate Krea Ornamental Knot and the Ultimate Krea Vitclari Sub-weapon are the same as those of the Krea Ornamental Knot and the Krea Vitclari.
- The Damage Reductions of the Ultimate Krea Ornamental Knot and the Ultimate Krea Vitclari should be 4, while 2 Damage Reductions are being applied at the moment. This issue will be resolved next maintenance.